Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 carolp

If anyone sees any of the tellys for €150 in Tescos will you let me know the store. Would love to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I got the Sony bravia 42" inch for €150 shocking really, it's led full hd 1080p its amazing :D.
    I also seen some staff member get a 3d smart tv for €270 with discount and €300 without. unreal bargains I also got the Buffalo 2tb hdd for €30 and the 1tb Hitachi portable hdd for €35 :D:D.

Which store was that? Went to couple of them today and found nothing worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Got a Samsung bde5500 in swinford tesco for 30 good few left woman In front of me got Sony 3d surround system for 45 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

Tesco Tramore in Waterford had 32" inch Sony bravia down from 350-400 to 150 as well and I am sure there would be 32" telly's left in some stores as these were not sought after as much the 42" naturally. You could go in and ask in store for the price list of all the telly's because there was a big selection of telly's in that store at least 25 or so, you never know you could still pick up a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

sioda wrote: »
    Got a Samsung bde5500 in swinford tesco for 30 good few left woman In front of me got Sony 3d surround system for 45 quid

Yes I also got this. It's a very nice device for the money, I updated it last night and got all the Samsung apps like YouTube,rte player, 3 player and that it also works with ext hdd & the cloud as well which is nice or you can play through the network from a PC :).

I got the ext hdd in Tesco ballybeg and the TV from Tramore, the selection in Tesco Tramore in Waterford is unreal at least 25 TVs to the average 6/7 in most other Tesco's in the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Yes I also got this. It's a very nice device for the money, I updated it last night and got all the Samsung apps like YouTube,rte player, 3 player and that it also works with ext hdd & the cloud as well which is nice or you can play through the network

useful to know thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

None of them deals in Tallaght at all 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Coonagh Limerick - plenty of Epson printers for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Anyone know if there are any of these deals in Maynooth, Celbridge or Lucan, don't want to go out for nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 carolp

None in either of them stores, checked last night :( you can add Naas to that list

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

georgem25 wrote: »
    Coonagh Limerick - plenty of Epson printers for €20

Did you spot any tvs on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any tv deals in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teatreeshamble

Just back from Coonagh limerick. They had none of those tvs. also couldn't even see space/price tags on the shelf for them. When did this discounting happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alliemac

Any hard drives in maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alliemac

Lucan had 4gb and 8gb memory sticks for around €4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Where could I get AA batteries in Dublin? ( none in Cabra by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

no batteries in Clane

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

If my local store dosnt have any of the 51 inch smart tvs out should I ask them if they have any out back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

1/1,000,000, the answer will be "sorry sir all sold out".

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

bodhi085 wrote: »
    If my local store dosnt have any of the 51 inch smart tvs out should I ask them if they have any out back?

looks like all the stores are keeping the tvs out back, so make sure to ask them. in the store I bought one in yesterday the staff only spotted the price decrease when people were specifically asking for them so you might be lucky and thy may not have realised yet. if you are near a tesco extra store, they seem to stock more tvs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

sarah88 wrote: »
    looks like all the stores are keeping the tvs out back, so make sure to ask them. in the store I bought one in yesterday the staff only spotted the price decrease when people were specifically asking for them so you might be lucky and thy may not have realised yet. if you are near a tesco extra store, they seem to stock more tvs.

So I'm just back and basically the customer service assistant said they never stock tvs over 32 inch and said no tvs were reduced. She then called over a manager and his story was that they had them and they sold out. In general there was not even a reduced section anywhere in the store except for a small bit for children's clothing, which was there on 23rd dec when I was in there food shopping. I got the impression the manager was lying as I asked him if he could check out the back and he refused saying "there was no need"
    Oh well tesco seem to be looking after there own.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bodhi085 wrote: »
    So I'm just back and basically the customer service assistant said they never stock tvs over 32 inch and said no tvs were reduced. She then called over a manager and his story was that they had them and they sold out. In general there was not even a reduced section anywhere in the store except for a small bit for children's clothing, which was there on 23rd dec when I was in there food shopping. I got the impression the manager was lying as I asked him if he could check out the back and he refused saying "there was no need"
    Oh well tesco seem to be looking after there own.

Its the 29th. Any they had are probably long gone. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into it. There are a lot of conspiracy theories doing the rounds here........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Need to pick up a tv for the young fella who got Skylanders from Santa.

So if anyone knows of any of the Cork stores that have any, I'd be eternally greatful.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Soarer wrote: »
    Need to pick up a tv for the young fella who got Skylanders from Santa.

So if anyone knows of any of the Cork stores that have any, I'd be eternally greatful.

none in Douglas anyway of the models i enquired about.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

My husband and his friend just got one each in tesco. They were 350 on the shelf. Scanned at 150. The manager didn't even know they were reduced. One is a display model. In Longford by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

fall wrote: »
    My husband and his friend just got one each in tesco. They were 350 on the shelf. Scanned at 150. The manager didn't even know they were reduced. One is a display model. In Longford by the way.

Did you know they were €100?

Seen some in Tesco in Waterford last night all marked €349, so are the staff taking the pee?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

They rang me and I told them to get them scanned. Staff didn't even know. They just rang to say they got the display model for 125. Thank you bargain alerts!!
    It's a Sony Bravia, led and hdmi 42 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Could you use the scanner on your phone to check the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Was in Coonagh & Authurs Quay, Limerick this morning for Buffalo 2tb hdd for €30, no joy! Never checked for TV's, ooh I do want the TV for my sons Wii! But not going back in to be dispappointed by Tesco, not having them. I would be grateful if anybody would let us know if you have picked up this TV deal in Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

I just rang Longford said they have none in stock raging cos tv gave up before xmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement