Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XtraVision refuse to Sell to Xbox Ones without purchase of an additional game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

XtraVision - more like LackofVision!

The "unopened" for a return bit is a little odd considering that the majority of games sold in Xtravision are already opened. I'd happily argue like hell to get my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

so was situation talked about on liveline or anywhere on the radio id love to listen in

Here it is, if you haven't already heard it...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Why was it necessary to buy a extra copy of a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Why was it necessary to buy a extra copy of a game?

xtravision said microsoft screwed them on the price of the xbox, so xtravision tried to do the same to their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

Delta2113 wrote: »
    XtraVision - more like LackofVision!

If they genuinely changed their name and start trading as "LackofVision", I would actually go back and start giving them my business again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I hope GameStop send a hamper to whoever came up with this idea for all the extra customers they'll get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Rumour mill is this happened as Microsoft only gave xtra-vision a 5% margin on consoles thus leading to execs pushing this idea out the door to meet targets.

Rumour mill is this happened as Microsoft only gave xtra-vision a 5% margin on consoles thus leading to execs pushing this idea out the door to meet targets.

and this is the customer fault became , there fault they got screwed

and this is the customer fault became , there fault they got screwed

I honesty don't understand a word of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

I honesty don't understand a word of that.

You mean to tell me this is the customer's fault? THIS IS THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT?? Well let me tell you something buddy, it BECAME their fault because they ended up paying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

After this fiasco i would never buy anything from Xtravision again. And to think they were about to go bust a couple of months ago. I don't blame the staff in the retail shops fault but unfortunately for them, they are the front line staff and they will take all the flack and blame from this.

Kikin wrote: »
    You mean to tell me this is the customer's fault? THIS IS THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT?? Well let me tell you something buddy, it BECAME their fault because they ended up paying!!

Hmm. What? Kindly point out the part where I claimed it was the customers fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

XtraVision would've gotten the same price as anyone else buying the volume they bought

COYVB wrote: »
    XtraVision would've gotten the same price as anyone else buying the volume they bought

They must have then. You sound like a well informed expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They must have then. You sound like a well informed expert.

I do have a smidgeon of experience with the industry now that you mention it...

COYVB wrote: »
    I do have a smidgeon of experience with the industry now that you mention it...

Good lad. I have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Probably a little less than 5% in my experience for their volume. But that's an industry standard and should not have been a surprise at all to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

This climb down is no help to the customers who took the refund and now have no xbox one or the customers who opened the game.
    The xbox one customers cleared the way for the ps4 launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got my Xbox yesterday (from amazon) and was in need of some games, said I'd check Xrta Visions prices , not one Xbox One game or accessory to be seen in the shop, and it's likely one of the larger shops in the country, make of that what you will :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

markad1 wrote: »
    This climb down is no help to the customers who took the refund and now have no xbox one or the customers who opened the game.
    The xbox one customers cleared the way for the ps4 launch.

WE CAN READ NORMAL SIZED FONT

XV have taken down yesterdays statement on their facebook page. I would understand them deleting comments they didn't like, but why take down their own statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

XV have taken down yesterdays statement on their facebook page. I would understand them deleting comments they didn't like, but why take down their own statement?

Would not surprise me if they went back on the statement and pulled the same stunt again tomorrow if their lawyers found out some loophole that made it legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xenji wrote: »
    Would not surprise me if they went back on the statement and pulled the same stunt again tomorrow if their lawyers found out some loophole that made it legal.

No way they'd do that. Legal or not, the bad publicity this has brought is damning enough. Doing it again given what has happened would be far, far worse.

I'd say they're just trying to sweep it all under the rug. "We apologised, now let's forget it ever happened"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Penn wrote: »
    No way they'd do that. Legal or not, the bad publicity this has brought is damning enough. Doing it again given what has happened would be far, far worse.

I'd say they're just trying to sweep it all under the rug. "We apologised, now let's forget it ever happened"

They wouldn't give 2 hoots to the bad publicity if they weren't planning on being around much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

SeantheMan wrote: »
    WE CAN READ NORMAL SIZED FONT
    not when your on a little mobile device :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They wouldn't give 2 hoots to the bad publicity if they weren't planning on being around much longer

They would in the few weeks before Christmas, their biggest sales period of the year. Christmas is 4 weeks from today, and most people will only properly be starting their Xmas shopping in the next week or two.

Regardless of whether they're planning on being around much longer after Christmas, they'll make a lot more profit doing their normal trade than pulling the same stunt again one week later, which would cause far more outcry and bad publicity, and potentially halving their Xmas trade. I'd be willing to bet that whatever profit they'd make from doing the same thing to PS4 buyers as they did to XBO buyers, it wouldn't come close to what they'd make from maintaining their usual Xmas profits.

Not only that, but they've already officially and very publicly stated that they won't be doing the same thing to PS4 users. Whatever hope they'd have of what they did to XBO users being found to not be illegal, they'd have no chance if they then turned around and did the same thing this weekend given their public statement and the fact the NCA will likely be monitoring the situation very closely.

Let's not go overboard, lads. XV f*cked over customers and were likely going to try and f*ck over more, but they've been slapped down publicly by the NCA and have had to backtrack and try to give some recompense to customers. They're not the Legion of Doom, sitting around a big table saying "Well how else can we screw customers out of their money?" while thunder strikes in the background whenever someone makes a suggestion.

I'm sure all the management want to do at this stage is try to make customers forget about it, get their Christmas profits without any more bad publicity, and then do whatever damage limitation (whether that be making all XVs into full HMVs, or trying to entice gamers back in or whatever) they need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BILBOBAGINS

If anyone gets XtraVision/HMV gift cards for Christmas i'd advise you to use them asap before they start refusing to except them like HMV did a few months back! "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what you're trying to say is you can't get fooled again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement