Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XtraVision refuse to Sell to Xbox Ones without purchase of an additional game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A few people saying now that they have been quoted a price of €600 from XtraVision for the Killzone Mega Bundle, that is €100 more than anywhere else, hope it is just misinformed staff for anyone who is getting it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    A few people saying now that they have been quoted a price of €600 from XtraVision for the Killzone Mega Bundle, that is €100 more than anywhere else, hope it is just misinformed staff for anyone who is getting it from them.

Is that the mega bundle for ps4, killzone, 2 joypads and the camera? Sounds about right if it is, mental if it's not. I know some places are only getting specific bundles but this is why I didn't preorder months ago from shops who couldn't give me info like price, specs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Yeah I was told twice today by XVthat it was €600 for the Kilzone Bundle with 2 contoller, camera and Killzone game, I really hope they were wrong cause that is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's RRP is €500. Anything above that and they're robbing you.

Hi XXXX,

There is a Killzone pack for €459.99 and the Mega Pack is €499.99, while stocks last

With kind regards,
    XXXXX

Xtra-vision & HMV,
    Customer Service & Store Support,
    Greenhills Retail Park,
    Greenhills Rd.,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24
    Ph: 01 4131602
    Office Hours Mon. to Fri. 9am to 5.30pm

Response from XV just now. They must have it wrong in my local

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is that the mega bundle for ps4, killzone, 2 joypads and the camera? Sounds about right if it is, mental if it's not. I know some places are only getting specific bundles but this is why I didn't preorder months ago from shops who couldn't give me info like price, specs, etc.

That is the one, but it has a RRP of €500 and is that price in Gamestop.

That is the one, but it has a RRP of €500 and is that price in Gamestop.

There seems to be 3 Killzone packs

PS4 & Killzone = 450
    ps4 & Killzone & extra joypad = 500
    ps4 & Killzone & extra joypad & camera = 550

Not sure where the 600 is coming from actually. If they sell the mega bundle for 500 quid, that is a really good price if you are looking for the camera and extra joypad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If anyone gets XtraVision/HMV gift cards for Christmas i'd advise you to use them asap before they start refusing to except them like HMV did a few months back! "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
    Skerries wrote: »
    what you're trying to say is you can't get fooled again

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

I was told by XV today €499.99 for the kilzone mega pack and €439.99 for the PS4 kilzone standard pack.

PS4 & Killzone = 450

Not sure where the 600 is coming from actually. If they sell the mega bundle for 500 quid, that is a really good price if you are looking for the camera and extra joypad.

There would be no reason why different branches would be seeling at different prices. Got an email from them there that I am brinign with me. 460 for console and killzone game. 500 for Kilzone Mega Bundle.

• Advertisement

PS4 & Killzone = 450

Which store are you getting those prices from?

Which store are you getting those prices from?

Ah no store, that's just an estimate of what they should be.

The pack I got from Gamesnash was PS4 & Killzone & extra joypad for 507.99

The pack I got from Gamesnash was PS4 & Killzone & extra joypad for 507.99

€499.99 in Xtravision. Boycott Gamesnash!!!

Yupp every retailer is getting shafted on the margins from selling consoles (always been like this as far as I'm aware) but it takes a special kind of a$$hole retailer to take it out on the customers.

Confirmed 499 with my store for Killzone mega bundle, they got it wrong thank chrsit

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    €499.99 in Xtravision. Boycott Gamesnash!!!

Don't drag us into this mess ! :P

Yupp every retailer is getting shafted on the margins from selling consoles (always been like this as far as I'm aware) but it takes a special kind of a$$hole retailer to take it out on the customers.

Yep - if we sold it at 499 we'd make less than 1% profit depending on the payment method. We had to pad the RRP a little bit to cover the transaction costs for online payments. I'd like to think though that we have been more than reasonable with the pricing of the games and peripherals in the hope that customers of their own accord would purchase these off us and make it worthwhile in the long run. Stand alone console sales are as good as a loss leader to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yep - if we sold it at 499 we'd make less than 1% profit depending on the payment method. We had to pad the RRP a little bit to cover the transaction costs for online payments. I'd like to think though that we have been more than reasonable with the pricing of the games and peripherals in the hope that customers of their own accord would purchase these off us and make it worthwhile in the long run. Stand alone console sales are as good as a loss leader to be honest.

#to be fair to gamesnash, ye do us boardsies a good amount of deals or making sure shipping is bang on/early and will probably be picking up one of the new consoles in a few months off ye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Yep - if we sold it at 499 we'd make less than 1% profit depending on the payment method. We had to pad the RRP a little bit to cover the transaction costs for online payments. I'd like to think though that we have been more than reasonable with the pricing of the games and peripherals in the hope that customers of their own accord would purchase these off us and make it worthwhile in the long run. Stand alone console sales are as good as a loss leaderotoo be honest.

To be fair, both microsoft and Sony are making minimal profits on the consoles, so I dont see why retailers should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    To be fair, both microsoft and Sony are making minimal profits on the consoles, so I dont see why retailers should be.

because last time they sold it for a loss?? The retailers need a profit to stay open for business, microsoft and sony make there money in the games and dvds/bluerays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Buy it from a charity shop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Less bordsie bashing more xtravision bashing. ;)

No that's not a fair point whatsoever. Both Microsoft and Sony have huge residual income from every single console that is installed. Be that in game licensing, online services like Xbox Live / PSN, peripheral sales over the course of the consoles life. In short they invest in the console to recoup later.

The retailer is at the front end living in the real everyday world of having to make money this week to pay this weeks bills. I'd love to use your logic on all our services suppliers and insist we pay them similar margins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No that's not a fair point whatsoever. Both Microsoft and Sony have huge residual income from every single console that is installed. Be that in game licensing, online services like Xbox Live / PSN, peripheral sales over the course of the consoles life. In short they invest in the console to recoup later.

The retailer is at the front end living in the real everyday world of having to make money this week to pay this weeks bills. I'd love to use your logic on all our services suppliers and insist we pay them similar margins. :D

+1

Exactly. Companies like Gamesnash create employment, pay high taxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bartsimpson911

That is shocking, Don't buy there!

This is ludicrous. Retailers who don't make profit go bust, making us all a little poorer. Microsoft and Sony have substantial income streams on the back of every single console sold. Retailers are getting a very raw deal off the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I'm not suggesting that they price their consoles in such a way that it's not in their interest, nor in such a way that they don't make a profit. I just find it hard to be sympathetic to a retailer because they can't put a 20% 25% etc mark up on something that is quite unprofitable for manufactures to make. Just like Sony and Microsoft making their money on subscription services, retailers have an opportunity to make their profits on physical copies of games.

My view, judging by the comments is a minority one, but I still stand by it.

I just find it hard to be sympathetic to a retailer because they can't put a 20% 25% etc mark up on something that is quite unprofitable for manufactures to make.

Very naive statement. You have pulled the 20%- 25% margin figure from the air, where are you getting that from? A retailer could never make close to that from a hardware bundle. Also Multinational corporations, without exception, make far more profit than they let on, especially on hardware. Usually through the use of various holding companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Any company that deals in physical copies of games or movies will be gone within 5 years. There is no money in it.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    Any company that deals in physical copies of games or movies will be gone within 5 years. There is no money in it.

Too short a timescale and only if they rely on them for the bulk of their profits, but I definitely see your point.

Advertisement