Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

McAlinden's bar to re-open under new management, page 57 of the Galway Advertiser
    Was there recently, it's open now as Carroll's.
    Furniture etc is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

biko wrote: »
    Was there recently, it's open now as Carroll's.
    Furniture etc is the same.

whos the new management?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,849 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahem.

Don't think its been there all summer, theres still stock in the old, now clsed, shop and a fresh looking paper sign saying "we are now over the road" or suchlike.

Jasmine grocery around in mary st have been there all summer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Don't think its been there all summer, theres still stock in the old, now clsed, shop and a fresh looking paper sign saying "we are now over the road" or suchlike.

Jasmine grocery around in mary st have been there all summer, though.

Might want to fix the auld specs Mrs OB. I quoted someone who said twas there all Summer, i was pointing out id already posted about Asia Manila a week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Shop and filling station @ flemings garage seems to be getting a makeover or refurb. twud be good to see this open as its very handy for me !

Westy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭serfboard

The place next door to The Old Forge (two doors down from Massimos) is getting a refurb. Seems to have been empty for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

serfboard wrote: »
    The place next door to The Old Forge (two doors down from Massimos) is getting a refurb. Seems to have been empty for a while.

Think it's a new charity shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

westgolf wrote: »
    Shop and filling station @ flemings garage seems to be getting a makeover or refurb. twud be good to see this open as its very handy for me !

Westy

It's currently being re-branded as a Top oil filling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

There were builders in Una Taffees this morning but probably trying to stop it falling down than putting anything new in there.....

An Pucan on Forster St is closed. Sign on the door says "for renovations".

We just walked past and it looks like the stock is being removed, so must be lots of work being done :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

ArtyC wrote: »
    Think it's a new charity shop

Ohhhhh, that could be deemed to be spreading a rumour by the moderators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ill pay someone to figure out what's going into the fujifilm store on shop street (across from taffees) I've heard a rumore RE: it but ibdont want to be given the electric chair by the mods over it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sex shop.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Ohhhhh, that could be deemed to be spreading a rumour by the moderators.

Well there's a big poster in a window down there saying a charity shop is opening but I'm not certain if it's exactly two doors down from the old forge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

An Pucan on Forster St is closed. Sign on the door says "for renovations".

We just walked past and it looks like the stock is being removed, so must be lots of work being done :rolleyes:

Just walked past and theres a known baliff outside with a hammer. Hes defo not doing renovations!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ill pay someone to figure out what's going into the fujifilm store on shop street (across from taffees) I've heard a rumore RE: it but ibdont want to be given the electric chair by the mods over it :pac:

Claddagh Jewellers/Lazlo extending in from next door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just walked past and theres a known baliff outside with a hammer. Hes defo not doing renovations!

That place closed a few months back about 3 years ago as well, always seem to have problems there in winter months.
    Now where will i go for my breakfast, was one of the best in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Heard that mr price shop is in trouble, closed before xmas ,think it was on galway radio today . liked that shop,got loads of kids stuff for going back to school.

Mr Price (Terryland) is in a dispute with their landlord's bank. It's not closed per se, but the staff are picketing outside.

Yup, i chose my words carefully :)

When we were going home last night, the vehicles outside being used to remove stuff included a horse float.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Yup, i chose my words carefully :)

When we were going home last night, the vehicles outside being used to remove stuff included a horse float.

Whats a horse float?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MrPrice staff were also picketing outside the financial centre @ Moneenageisha today. One of their signs referred to upwards only rent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

snubbleste wrote: »
    MrPrice staff were also picketing outside the financial centre @ Moneenageisha today. One of their signs referred to upwards only rent reviews.

Their manager was on the radio today (Galway Bay) Their landlord didn't get permission from ACC to lease the building to Mr. Price. Landlord is now gone bust and ACC are now trying to pull the lease. Mr Price want to stay and are willing to pay fair market rent or purchase the unit at fair market price but ACC are not interested.

This was just their version of the story but if it's true, it's mad that the bank won't make a deal rather than have an empty unit on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mr Price (Terryland) is in a dispute with their landlord's bank. It's not closed per se, but the staff are picketing outside.

A link to the story.

JillyQ wrote: »
    Whats a horse float?

A trailer used for transporting horses.

Is your google broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

A trailer used for transporting horses.

Is your google broken?

No just never heard of a horse box being called a horse float before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Claddagh Jewellers/Lazlo extending in from next door.
    surely claddagh jewllers and lazlobare owned by different groups

Timmyctc wrote: »
    surely claddagh jewllers and lazlobare owned by different groups

No, the Fried family. Lazlo's two sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

The petrol station on the Tuam road is reopened as Spar/Top.

Looks like they redid the shop part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Nice one. I thought it was looking all sparkly shiny alright, as I was driving past yesterday evening.

I hope it's 24 hour like before, t'would be handy for us nocturnal folks that need milk and bread at 4am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement