Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horrible or awkward dating experiences

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Ever.... burp up a chicken bone?

Yeah...green gas comes out too, and any flowers/plants in the vicinity die!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Does an explosion happen if there's a fire in the room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

blind date from a dating website, just e mail contact beforehand.

stammering and spitting while speaking...next level would be tourette me thinks...
    (sorry to all people with stammering problems and tourette..but this is after hours:o:))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

LOL I can rattle windows:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was mailing a girl for a while and when we agreed to meet up I showed but she didn't, why she couldn't have just said she changed her mind is beyond me.

Another time I was mailing someone and she had on her profile that she had no kids which is what I wanted, first date went well and we agreed to meet up again.

Went back to her place after the second date, her friend was there and left soon afterwards.

A good night was had until next morning when 2 kids come running into the room, needless to say that was the end of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Friend of a friend introduced me to this girl, chatting away, got her number arranged date.

So I was waiting to her and she calls me to say she'll be an hour late. No biggie. So I was skulling the pints as hadn't been out in ages and was quiet enjoying my own company.

Anyway she turns up and night starts well enough but slowly but surely I end up getting ****faced ruining the date. Complete "scene missing" episode and everything. Never heard from her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Well ive never had any horrible or awkward dating experiences :).

Ive never been on a date :(.

(joking, maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Met this bird out one night years ago. Lot of pints on board and we ended up in that Manhattan place off Harcourt Street for a late feed. Swapped numbers and arranged to meet the following night to see a flick.

Turned up at the Savoy and immediately we both realised this was a mistake. I had no interest and she had less. Time to kill before the movie so had a pint in Madigan's. Basic conversation went south as she wouldnt even tell me what she did for a living!

As we were takling our seats for the movie she says "This isnt working out, maybe I should go". To be polite I said we should at least watch the movie while secretly hoping she would **** off. She didnt and the movie lasted 2 and a half excruciating hours!

Awkward wouldnt even begin to describe it. When I see that movie on tv now it brings it all back!

Which reminds me of another "date" a few years back. I was renting out my place and this Polish couple arrived to look at it and brought their friend who was an absolute stunner. Texted the potential tenant to ask for her friends number and we met up a few days later at the old Harp Bar.

I bought the first round, obviously but then when both glasses were empty there was an awkward silence so getting impatient went up and got another in. Then deja vu she wouldnt divulge what she did for a living either!! Eventually she said she was a massage therapist. Mmm. Anyway she did finally buy a round and after I walked her back to the Luas never heard from her again!

You live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Met this bird out one night years ago. Lot of pints on board and we ended up in that Manhattan place off Harcourt Street for a late feed. Swapped numbers and arranged to meet the following night to see a flick.

Turned up at the Savoy and immediately we both realised this was a mistake. I had no interest and she had less. Time to kill before the movie so had a pint in Madigan's. Basic conversation went south as she wouldnt even tell me what she did for a living!

As we were takling our seats for the movie she says "This isnt working out, maybe I should go". To be polite I said we should at least watch the movie while secretly hoping she would **** off. She didnt and the movie lasted 2 and a half excruciating hours!

Awkward wouldnt even begin to describe it. When I see that movie on tv now it brings it all back!

Which reminds me of another "date" a few years back. I was renting out my place and this Polish couple arrived to look at it and brought their friend who was an absolute stunner. Texted the potential tenant to ask for her friends number and we met up a few days later at the old Harp Bar.

I bought the first round, obviously but then when both glasses were empty there was an awkward silence so getting impatient went up and got another in. Then deja vu she wouldnt divulge what she did for a living either!! Eventually she said she was a massage therapist. Mmm. Anyway she did finally buy a round and after I walked her back to the Luas never heard from her again!

You live and learn.
    That cinema date is a microcosm of married life.
    You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Maybe its not as bad as some of the ones on here but fairly awkward at the time.
    When I had turned 18 my parents finally gave me the keys and insurance to their car, as I was begging for it constantly we agreed that I would give one months pocket money for it (was just about to go to uni). Fair enough I though seeing as I hassled them to death about it.
    Anyway I had just started dating a girl who had been dumped a few weeks prior and I had told her that I've got a car now so lets go into Galway for dinner.
    After agreeing for the no money for a month thing I had just enough to go to mcdonalds with her and a walk through Salthill.
    Well the shouting and abuse I got the moment I explained why we were going to mcdonalds. Needless to say she began comparing me to her ex and how he was much better etc.
    Being 18 I hadnt much experience so I was just left in speechless, still bought her the fecking cheeseburger though.
    Still got the ride that night and never heard from her again :)

Another one was a girl I met in uni. After a few months we agreed to meet up in a pub on Shop Street. I was first in and after a bit she arrived wearing tracksuit trousers and a baggy jumper. Right turn on.
    After getting the first round in, she breaks down. Starts crying her eyes out. I asked what was wrong and that if she isnt having fun I can get her a taxi and no worried.
    She opens her wallet and inside is a picture of her mum, she had died about 10 years before. I told her sorry and what began was just an awkward silence especially as she didnt want to talk about it. Fair enough I thought, but why bring it up in the first place.
    Anyway, I liked her so we continued the date and also kept in contact. What ensued was just hell, following me around, asking who I'm with etc and after about a month or 2 of this I told her that it wasnt going to work out and to be just friends.
    Remember the car I mentioned above? Well as a result of the "break-up" it was left with 1 flat tyre and scumbag written on a note left on the windscreen... Parents weren't best pleased with that.
    Got dirty looks from her for months after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

bear1 wrote: »
    Maybe its not as bad as some of the ones on here but fairly awkward at the time.
    When I had turned 18 my parents finally gave me the keys and insurance to their car, as I was begging for it constantly we agreed that I would give one months pocket money for it (was just about to go to uni). Fair enough I though seeing as I hassled them to death about it.
    Anyway I had just started dating a girl who had been dumped a few weeks prior and I had told her that I've got a car now so lets go into Galway for dinner.
    After agreeing for the no money for a month thing I had just enough to go to mcdonalds with her and a walk through Salthill.
    Well the shouting and abuse I got the moment I explained why we were going to mcdonalds. Needless to say she began comparing me to her ex and how he was much better etc.
    Being 18 I hadnt much experience so I was just left in speechless, still bought her the fecking cheeseburger though.
    Still got the ride that night and never heard from her again :)

Dear god man, haha you could have just said coffee, or borrow from a friend..any true friend would let you borrow for something like that :) then again most people are retarded at 18 haha including myself...thinking about it now, ive done worse
    bullet dodged with the second girl haha

Yeah in hindsight I wasn't thinking with my head ;) but she was mad for eating out and thats all I could have afforded.
    May have dodged the bullet with the second girl but not with my father when I told him that needed to bring me a new tyre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I had a terrible one about ten years ago. Went on a 2nd/3rd date to some independent film festival and the only thing we could agree on was Bundy. The film about Ted Bundy not Al.

Anyway, anyone familiar with this clown will know that maybe isn’t the best early date film to bring a MOT along to see.

To cut a long story short the mood afterwards was about as jovial as tour of Auschwitz.

I tried some moves including the stop short, but she was as dry as a bowl of uncle ben’s brown rice.

We ended up having a bit of a fight after I asked her for a quick nosh, some young lads were watching and one of them was a lad I had a run in with at a nightclub a while back.

About 6 of them start walking towards the car and she tries to get out! So I grab her in a headlock and drive off, she ends up biting me on the stomach but by that time we were out of the estate so I let her go.

Ended up forking out 400 euros on a solicitor and spending the night getting questioned about an alleged abduction! Mad as a bag of cats that one, she even denied that there was any young lads.

Thing is, I kind of liked her, i suppose she's the one that got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

wazky wrote: »
    Met with a woman off a dating site once, the woman that turned up was my actually my wife!

Oh the hilarity that ensued.

Did she like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Leftist wrote: »
    I had a terrible one about ten years ago. Went on a 2nd/3rd date to some independent film festival and

The only thing we could agree on was Bundy. The film about Ted Bundy not Al.

Anyway, anyone familiar with this clown will know that maybe isn’t the best early date film to bring a MOT along to see.

To cut a long story short the mood afterwards was about as jovial as tour of Auschwitz.

I tried some moves including the stop short, but she was as dry as a bowl of uncle ben’s brown rice.

We ended up having a bit of a fight after I asked her for a quick nosh, some young lads were watching and one of them as a lad I had a run in with at a nightclub a while back.

About 6 of them start walking towards the car and she tries to get out! So I grab her in a headlock and drive off, she ends up biting me on the stomach but by that time we were out of the estate so I let her go.

Ended up forking out 400 euros on a solicitor and spending the night getting questioned about an alleged abduction! Mad as a bag of cats that one, she even denied that there was any young lads.

This is, I kind of liked her, i suppose she's the one that got away.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I had a terrible one about ten years ago. Went on a 2nd/3rd date to some independent film festival and

The only thing we could agree on was Bundy. The film about Ted Bundy not Al.

We ended up having a bit of a fight after I asked her for a quick nosh, some young lads were watching and one of them as a lad I had a run in with at a nightclub a while back.

This is, I kind of liked her, i suppose she's the one that got away.

You put her in a headlock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

miamee wrote: »
    :confused:

I couldn't make head nor tails of it either, t'was almost Trent-like in it's composition, too intellectual for me :(

You put her in a headlock?

had to, she would have got out the car and left the door open for the potential assailants.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thing is, I kind of liked her, i suppose she's the one that got away.

Or didnt get away....

This is a joke right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I used to go out with a group of friends fairly often and over the course of five separate nights out a girl from the group who I was good friends with, but who I wasn't really interested in anything more than that with, kept trying to get with me. The polite person I am tried to avoid her advances in a subtle way so as not to hurt her feelings and potentially mess up the nights out with a good group of friends. I did this mainly by trying to never end up alone with her anywhere!

Anyway at the end of one night, as I was about to get a taxi, she found me separated from the herd and went in for the kill. As she went to kiss me I panicked and headbutted her, gently I might add.:eek: We were both a bit lost for words and just got in separate taxis and went home.

The next night out she was there and amazingly still had some interest in me. Embarrassed about the headbutting incident I gave in to her advances and we actually had a really good night together. Unfortunately I had to be honest some days later and tell here I just wasn't interested in anything long term with her, she cried, I caved again and invited her to meet up for a chat about the situation. We did and I explained how I felt and we ended up at the cinema, as friends I thought. But she awkwardly cuddled up to me for the whole thing and afterwards I just had to firmly end what had barely even started. She took it fairly well but we ended up more acquaintances than friends and as a result I never went out with the mutual group of friends anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Too many incidents, not enough time....!

Once when seeing this lady a few years back, I went to hers one evening, free house and all that. So we proceeded to get it on. There we are, both in her bed in the nip when who should stagger in the front door drunk looking for cigs only her father :rolleyes: She got rid of him, as I lay cowering under the sheets wondering will I be bringing my genitals in a bag on the way out..... Well, that blunted performance to say the least :(

Another incident (clothed this time) was this one who I found out very fast was completely batsh*t crazy. Nothing more awkward than a first date where she's all over you like a manbag, only to suddenly drop to the floor and throw a strop for absolutely no reason.... Then yap really loudly to her friends, "yeah this is my fella, were an item....." riiiiight, nothing to see here :confused:

Or the ones that bring gurliez along for company like.... Meant to be a date between just 2 people :mad: one time that kinda backfired for them when the person they brought took a rather big shine to me.... Oh boy that was awkward :o

Anyway at the end of one night, as I was about to get a taxi, she found me separated from the herd and went in for the kill. As she went to kiss me I panicked and headbutted her

Been there.
    listermint wrote: »
    Or didnt get away....

Oh she got away unfortunately. I tried calling her up but couldn't find the words, which just seemed to make her angry? yet she knew it was me. :confused:

I saw her once in the liffey valley car park and she took off running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I saw her once in the liffey valley car park and she took off running.

With good reason. What the hell were you thinking, putting a woman in a headlock for no reason? No wonder she called the Gardai, you attacked a virtual stranger and tried to force her to stay in your car.

Do you use the Deliverance theme as your ringtone, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

SHOVELLER wrote: »

For some reason, I'd love to know what the film was!?

With good reason. What the hell were you thinking, putting a woman in a headlock for no reason? No wonder she called the Gardai, you attacked a virtual stranger and tried to force her to stay in your car.

don't think there was any women attacked in deliverance.

But anyway, it was the heat of the moment, if you're trying to restrain someone you could do worse than a 'good old fashioned' (headlock).

Already explained why it had to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I think the key to this story is the fact that its complete bullshít.....

You basically assaulted a helpless woman. I seriously thought this was an attempt at black humour but this doesn't seem the case.
    Are you surprised she ran the other way? Also, could you not warn her that there are shady characters around? Weird that you didnt want those 6 lads coming to the car but I think she would have been safer with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

None from me, but a flatmate of mine went on a blind-date with a guy one time.
    She said he seemed nice, they ordered food and made small-talk.
    When the food arrived he leaned in close and said "You know, you can tell a lot about a girl from the way she eats a burger".
    My flatmate said she'd never felt so self-conscious she did eating that burger.

She didn't see him again.

• Advertisement

You basically assaulted a helpless woman. I seriously thought this was an attempt at black humour but this doesn't seem the case.
    Are you surprised she ran the other way? Also, could you not warn her that there are shady characters around?

If you pushed someone out of the way of oncoming traffic, would that be assault?
    if getting someone in a headlock for the sake of their own safety is assault then i should have been charged, but I wasn't.

Weird that you didnt want those 6 lads coming to the car but I think she would have been safer with them.
    Really?

you can't know that.

Advertisement