Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horrible or awkward dating experiences

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I didn't say I think, I said she might.
    I think you were way out of order with the headlock, imagine how scared you would be if it was the other way around. So you can try to justify your actions of headlocking her but I dont believe there is any excuse for that type of behaviour towards a woman

EDIT:
    had to, she would have got out the car and left the door open for the potential assailants.

If this was the case, would it not have been easier/smarter, letting her off and just closing the door and driving off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

You put her in a headlock?

Most likely nonsense anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Most likely nonsense anyway...

How anyone could believe it is beyond me. Went to an independent film festival to see Bundy on a date, arguing because he "asked for a nosh", 6 guys come at him in an estate, grabs the girl in a headlock as she's getting out of the car, tears off up the road, gets quizzed by Gardai over the alleged abduction in presence of a solicitor.

Who the fcuk could entertain that as actually happening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

bear1 wrote: »
    I didn't say I think, I said she might.
    I think you were way out of order with the headlock, imagine how scared you would be if it was the other way around. So you can try to justify your actions of headlocking her but I dont believe there is any excuse for that type of behaviour towards a woman

EDIT:

If this was the case, would it not have been easier/smarter, letting her off and just closing the door and driving off?

I had a split second to make a choice, with the gang bearing down, I had to choose between pushing her out or holding her in, bearing in mind we were in a verbal argument and were not communicating very cooperatively.

I know of a couple of women who were assaulted along side their boyfriends by gangs of youths. It happens.

But because she didn't see these lads she spazzed out and bit me in the belly.

How anyone could believe it is beyond me. Went to an independent film festival to see Bundy on a date, arguing because he "asked for a nosh",

don't see what's hard to believe about any of that.

Like I said, I was trying to make a move, got knocked back and asked for a sneaky gobble before I left. She took offense. Not exactly far fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Too many especially when it comes to internet dating.
    One guy was about 2 foot shorter and 10 years older than his profile had suggested.
    Another guy was so arrogant we didnt get on at all, i made up a fake bus time and spent an hour in the rain waiting for a real bus to come.
    Another was all chat over the internet, we met he had nothing to say, i bought him a pint and left. A text came through when i was driving home about how great he thought we'd got on and how he couldn't wait to watch the football with me naked :eek:

Leftist wrote: »
    don't see what's hard to believe about any of that.

Like I said, I was trying to make a move, got knocked back and asked for a sneaky gobble before I left. She took offense. Not exactly far fetched.

That on its own might not be so far fetched, you seem like the type of fella that would ask a girl for a sneaky gobble in an estate. Its the Independent film festival, Date, Bundy, Gangs, Abduction, Gardai, Solicitor bit that has me skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

But because she didn't see these lads she spazzed out and bit me in the belly.

This is the best sentence I've read today.

That on its own might not be so far fetched, you seem like the type of fella that would ask a girl for a sneaky gobble in an estate. Its the Independent film festival, Date, Bundy, Gangs, Abduction, Gardai, Solicitor bit that has me skeptical.

you're entitled to be skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you pushed someone out of the way of oncoming traffic, would that be assault?
    if getting someone in a headlock for the sake of their own safety is assault then i should have been charged, but I wasn't.

Really?

you can't know that.

If you actually did that I'm not surprised that she called the gardaí on you. If I went out with a guy who took me to a film about a serial killer, and he then proceeded to grab me by the neck, refused to let me out of his car, and started driving off I'd have reported you to the gardaí too. If you'd said 'Look, these lads don't like me. Just stay in the car and I'll let you out around the corner' it'd all have been grand. Frankly, she should be posting about this horror date, not you.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    If you actually did that I'm not surprised that she called the gardaí on you. If I went out with a guy who took me to a film about a serial killer, and he then proceeded to grab me by the neck, refused to let me out of his car, and started driving off I'd have reported you to the gardaí too. If you'd said 'Look, these lads don't like me. Just stay in the car and I'll let you out around the corner' it'd all have been grand. Frankly, she should be posting about this horror date, not you.

I don't really blame her in retrospect. That's why I tried to get in touch, couldn't get the nerve to call her until I had a few beers and then I went silent and it seemed to spook her more.

By the time I saw her in the liffey valley car park she must have been terrified. The shame of that occassion was that she scared off the girl who was helping me with my bags to my car because I had my arm in a sling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I don't really blame her in retrospect. That's why I tried to get in touch, couldn't get the nerve to call her until I had a few beers and then I went silent and it seemed to spook her more.

By the time I saw her in the liffey valley car park she must have been terrified. The shame of that occassion was that she scared off the girl who was helping me with my bags to my car because I had my arm in a sling.

Isn't that how Ted Bundy coaxed his female victims into "helping him", pretended he'd his arm in a sling?

I don't know about anyone else here, but my bullshìt meter just went crazy!

Your story is less Ted Bundy and more Walter Mitty tbh.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Isn't that how Ted Bundy coaxed his female victims into "helping him", pretended he'd his arm in a sling?

Yeah Bundy used a fake cast and asked for help with his sail boat. I think the jig is well and truly up now Leftist. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Czarcasm wrote: »

Yep, yer man's so full of excrement it's coming out onto the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Yeah Bundy used a fake cast and asked for help with his sail boat. I think the jig is well and truly up now Leftist. :D
    Yep, yer man's so full of excrement it's coming out onto the keyboard.

I'd better put down my coffee before he tells us next he drives a yellow beetle car :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

I went on a date recently enough, and the following morning found myself hiding under the bed while her mother was in the room asking her how the date went, what I was like etc. Awkwaard.

The thing is, if I had seen that he had lets say 10/15 posts I'd have thought "ok load of ****e" but he has over 1600 posts....
    Seriously lad, you were lucky nothing came of it with the Guards... if that is actually true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Have had loads of horrible dating experiences but have avoided posting in the thread for fear of someone recognising my stories :pac: (I like to stay anonymous on here!)

I don't think I told this one to anyone before though.

Met a girl from online dating. First of all she purposely put up photos of when she was a little bit slimmer. Didn't recognise her when she arrived as she was so much bigger. I don't mind about people not looking as well as you thought in their photos if there's no deception involved. As in, someone might look pretty in photos but turn out not to be your type in person - that's life. But in this case it was ridiculous.

Anyway, continued on the date and met her for a drink. She proceeded to spend the whole night talking about her ex. When she wasn't talking about her ex she was talking about how she was bald a few months ago from ripping out her hair. She also smoked like a chimney despite having non-smoker on her profile.

Needless to say, the most awkward date ever. I missed the Champions League for that. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    One guy was about 2 foot shorter and 10 years older than his profile had suggested.
    Another guy was so arrogant we didnt get on at all, i made up a fake bus time and spent an hour in the rain waiting for a real bus to come.
    Another was all chat over the internet, we met he had nothing to say, i bought him a pint and left. A text came through when i was driving home about how great he thought we'd got on and how he couldn't wait to watch the football with me naked :eek:

I'm sorry but that made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Yeah in hindsight I wasn't thinking with my head ;)but she was mad for eating out and thats all I could have afforded.
    May have dodged the bullet with the second girl but not with my father when I told him that needed to bring me a new tyre :D

They're all mad for that!

• Advertisement

They're all mad for that!

Hahahah ya baztard ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Jaysus none! I'm gutted! 33 and never had a bad date. Had an ex who threw my shoes into the Grand Canal after I dumped him and tried to poison my friend (his housemate) with Dettol but we were going out.

Few mad ONS experiences (of the generally positive kind) but never a bad date. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Hi Snoopy. Lost your number. Call me!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

tried to poison my friend (his housemate) with Dettol but we were going out.

Please explain this! :)

The thing is, if I had seen that he had lets say 10/15 posts I'd have thought "ok load of ****e" but he has over 1600 posts....
    Seriously lad, you were lucky nothing came of it with the Guards... if that is actually true

they had nothing on me.

Pretty sure i've seen them watching me since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

how he couldn't wait to watch the football with me naked :eek:

Not seeing the problem here frankly !

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I went on a first date with a guy who seemed nice, now this was years ago maybe 10 at this stage but we were in a bar and the whole time he insisted on me going to check if the toilets were big enough/suitable to have sex in!!!! I kept changing the subject, anyways got to the point where he had properly pissed me off, so I suggested he go check them out and ill get another round in. Off he went to the loo... Off I went to the bus stop.

ChewChew wrote: »
    I went on a first date with a guy who seemed nice, now this was years ago maybe 10 at this stage but we were in a bar and the whole time he insisted on me going to check if the toilets were big enough/suitable to have sex in!!!! I kept changing the subject, anyways got to the point where he had properly pissed me off, so I suggested he go check them out and ill get another round in. Off he went to the loo... Off I went to the bus stop.

what a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

what a creep.

Who Chewchew or her date ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

ChewChew wrote: »

Everybody knows that why disabled toilets are made bigger !

Advertisement