Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horrible or awkward dating experiences

Options
  • 07-08-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

go on there and share us some of your dirty dating secrets... did she puke on you? ask for you to wear a gimp suit? or just sit there adoringly and not say a word untill you awkwardly left....all stories welcome XD

ive never had anything too bad, but the worst was probably a terrible blind date that my friends sent me on, the girl thought i was into her and tried to tease me by not kissing me, i was completely relieved she didnt...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

shane9689 wrote: »
    ive never had anything too bad, but the worst was probably a terrible blind date that my friends sent me on, the girl thought i was into her and tried to tease me by not kissing me, i was completely relieved she didnt...

Yeah thats what happened :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I was set up on a semi blind date before by a friend. I had apparently met the guy briefly at a party before and my friend said he though we were flirting. I had an idea of who it was but wasn't sure.

Turned out to be someone completely different that I had no recollection of ever meeting and had definitely never flirted with, he was like twice my age! Nearly murdered my friend the next time I met him. Most awkward experience ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Most awkward was proabably a lunchtime date (from a dating website). We just didn't click and in "real life" we probably wouldn't even have liked each other, let alone be attracted to each other. Had very little in common. To top it all she was wearing about two inches of make-up. I could tell she didn't think too highly of me either!

Nothing more dramatic than that to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I once went for a job interview on the 2/3/99. The interview was actually the 3/2/99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I was in a Tapas restaurant with the OH a year or two ago sitting at a table next to what was obviously a first date for a couple of guys.

One seemed normal and was making conversation, but the other was really giddy and hyper.
    It was pretty obvious that the normal guy wasn't very comfortable, but it got worse when the waiter came over.

The giddy guy kept saying really loudly "you should order the sausage, you're a sausage man" and giggling.
    The other guy just looked like he wanted a hole in the ground to open up and swallow him to save him from this date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I once went for a job interview on the 2/3/99. The interview was actually the 3/2/99.

The award for the most apt username goes to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Before one date the girl passed off her sister's picture as her. Needless to say there was 100kg in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was out and met a guy. Kind of clicked so back to his place. It was only the next morning I realised that my shoes had cut into me really badly and his sheets were covered in blood from my feet. That was a quick exit.

Another time I was at a party in a friend's and met this guy who was out of his face on coke. He wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to go out with him the next day. Don't really know why I went, but I did. He showed up still out of his tits. It was the most awkward couple of hours ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

kylith wrote: »
    I was out and met a guy. Kind of clicked so back to his place. It was only the next morning I realised that my shoes had cut into me really badly and his sheets were covered in blood from my feet. That was a quick exit.

Another time I was at a party in a friend's and met this guy who was out of his face on coke. He wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to go out with him the next day. Don't really know why I went, but I did. He showed up still out of his tits. It was the most awkward couple of hours ever.

you sure it was your feet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Met with a woman off a dating site once, the woman that turned up was my actually my wife!

Oh the hilarity that ensued.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

A good while ago I brought a girl on a date.We proceeded back to my place where we got it on etc etc.

Anyway,the next morning I let get know I was going to work and to leave whenever she felt like,just close the door and lift the handle when she is leaving.At this point I also advised her that the toilet wasn't working and it wouldnt flush.

At about 2 o'clock I got a text something along the lines of "im so sorry! I left something in your house that meant to take with me.".I thought fair enough I'll drop it over to her when im finished work.

I returned home at 6 or so to an almighty stench.To my horror,there was a plastic bag full of ****e and toilet roll on the table beside the front door.

I'm guessing she closed the door before she took the bag and had a panic moment.I never saw her after,but in hindsight maybe i should've returned her belongings to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

Reminds me of an add i saw once..............mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Nialler15 wrote: »

Do think it was his anus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

A good while ago I brought a girl on a date.We proceeded back to my place where we got it on etc etc.

Anyway,the next morning I let get know I was going to work and to leave whenever she felt like,just close the door and lift the handle when she is leaving.At this point I also advised her that the toilet wasn't working and it wouldnt flush.

At about 2 o'clock I got a text something along the lines of "im so sorry! I left something in your house that meant to take with me.".I thought fair enough I'll drop it over to her when im finished work.

I returned home at 6 or so to an almighty stench.To my horror,there was a plastic bag full of ****e and toilet roll on the table beside the front door.

I'm guessing she closed the door before she took the bag and had a panic moment.I never saw her after,but in hindsight maybe i should've returned her belongings to her.

At least post a real story instead of a copy and paste job.

Well, it wasn't from my vagina, and my feet were covered in scabs so, yeah; I'm pretty sure it was from my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Busted

http://youtu.be/KgB8uuWfX5M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Lads I've never been on a date,cut a nigga some slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

At least post a real story instead of a copy and paste job.

But it is real story!

I mean, it probably didn't happen. But it really is a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

A girl smiled at me once, I froze and realised I have horrible social anxiety so I ran into the toilet and cried for the next 8 hours :pac:

(im joking...maybe)

Well, it wasn't from my vagina, and my feet were covered in scabs so, yeah; I'm pretty sure it was from my feet.

Ah chill...I was only playing with you. Dont bite :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Ah chill...I was only playing with you. Dont bite :D:D:D

Who's biting? :confused:

I'm confused as to where you think it could have come from that I could possibly confuse with my feet.

kylith and Nialler15 need to go on a date to sort this out.

I can cut the sexual tension with my c0ck a knife.

you can feel it too???

Only if he has nice absorbent sheets with which I can mop up the blood

you can feel it too???

It had to be said. The passion between you both burns with the intensity of a thousand suns :cool:

Invite me to the wedding guys!!

Only if he has nice absorbent sheets with which I can mop up the blood

The finest of spongy cotton. Want my address? What time shall i expect you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Go on, you're Kirsty from Eastenders, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Most awkward was proabably a lunchtime date (from a dating website). We just didn't click and in "real life" we probably wouldn't even have liked each other, let alone be attracted to each other. Had very little in common. To top it all she was wearing about two inches of make-up. I could tell she didn't think too highly of me either!

Nothing more dramatic than that to be honest.

Ya that happened to me too. Very awkward was one of the most awkward dates, We didn't click etc. While the few I did click with ended there was all platonic and didn't go beyond a first date while I got a strange text/call after a week and well found out he had been seeing someone so charmed me a bit too much he lead me to believe he hadn't a gf when I asked. Only one had more than more date with but that didn't work out either for me.

The only other awkward date was I was stood up! :( So finding a mutual connection of any sort can be hard to find and the pressure is on to find someone I am fussy as it is but I do try to be more open about it.

A group situation where out with a group I find easier chatting away no awkwardness or expectation to lead somewhere or not as awkward though than a date situation. It was college last time I went on anything like a date if you call it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Way too many bad dates -

I was once introduced to a guy by a mutual friend via email.After a bit of email banter we arranged to meet for a drink in two days. He seemed clever, articulate, amusing so I was looking forward to meeting him. I then went for some apres work drinks and proceeded to get completely annihilated. I looked like cr@p too. Despite this, I managed to score some bloke but not before having a public row with his obnoxious mate who I told to f**k right off in no uncertain terms. Obviously I was thrilled when I turned up for the blind date two days later to be greeted by Obnoxious Mate (even worse I didn't even recognise him, I'd been so buckled). I tried to fob it off by pretending I had a similar looking sister but he was having none of it.

Another guy I arranged a coffee with after we met at a concert the previous night and hit it off, he seemed good craic, sane, personable. I don't know if he was extremely nervous or whatever but when I turned up for date, he was a complete weirdo - took a phonecall immediately (barely said hello) when I arrived which lasted for the first 30 minutes talking to his friend saying things like "i'm here with a girl called 'Katgurl'... no you haven't met her... she's nice... I'll ask her... Katgurl would you like to come to my friend's for dinner... she says she's busy later". THen he held my hand announcing it was mating season, that we were in a relationship and he couldn't stand clingy women so please don't suffocate him. I hung out for a little while wondering did he have a unique brand of humour but then realised - no just nuts.

Loads more but too depressing to think about really.

• Advertisement

Katgurl wrote: »
    Way too many bad dates -

I was once introduced to a guy by a mutual friend via email.After a bit of email banter we arranged to meet for a drink in two days. He seemed clever, articulate, amusing so I was looking forward to meeting him. I then went for some apres work drinks and proceeded to get completely annihilated. I looked like cr@p too. Despite this, I managed to score some bloke but not before having a public row with his obnoxious mate who I told to f**k right off in no uncertain terms. Obviously I was thrilled when I turned up for the blind date two days later to be greeted by Obnoxious Mate (even worse I didn't even recognise him, I'd been so buckled). I tried to fob it off by pretending I had a similar looking sister but he was having none of it.

Another guy I arranged a coffee with after we met at a concert the previous night and hit it off, he seemed good craic, sane, personable. I don't know if he was extremely nervous or whatever but when I turned up for date, he was a complete weirdo - took a phonecall immediately (barely said hello) when I arrived which lasted for the first 30 minutes talking to his friend saying things like "i'm here with a girl called 'Katgurl'... no you haven't met her... she's nice... I'll ask her... Katgurl would you like to come to my friend's for dinner... she says she's busy later". THen he held my hand announcing it was mating season, that we were in a relationship and he couldn't stand clingy women so please don't suffocate him. I hung out for a little while wondering did he have a unique brand of humour but then realised - no just nuts.

Loads more but too depressing to think about really.

Oh Katgurl keep them coming.....Hilarious.

Advertisement