Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Hootanany wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/maybach-62-6-0-s-4dr-auto-1-years-warr/5173286

Hmmmmm might put a cheeky little offer in for this myself.:D

Maybach , I like it!:) it looks comfortable enough to live in

MPG?? Who cares! Definitely could be my Man Shed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

rovoagho wrote: »
    Are they just selling the interior of the Maybach? Bizarre ad.

Well the Maybach is not the prettiest on the outside:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Nah, the VRT Calc lists the original price as EUR162k, sounds about right.

Mind you, the current year/model CL has a EUR275k list price, but its at a much higher VRT % than in year 2000, so I dunno.
    http://cars.irishtimes.com/new-cars/7005008/mercedes-cl-class-5-5-cl-600-auto-sport/

How many do they sell here in a year at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Top Dog

rovoagho wrote: »
    Are they just selling the interior of the Maybach? Bizarre ad.
    I don't think they'll be selling any of the Maybach with an advert like that.

Entire advert is in caps, not a single comma or full stop. No photos of the outside.

And raymond (with lower-case r) thinks anyone is going to look at that seriously with a £155k price?!

Bizarre indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Turtle-TM wrote: »

That seems very very expensive for an A8. The mileage is sky high too, for that money you could get a 2006 model with half the miles and with the facelift which brings it right up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Saw a first generation A8 yesterday. Just thought I'd throw that in as they're a lot rarer than the second (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This thread almost makes me regret not buying something big and comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

CianRyan wrote: »
    This thread almost makes me regret not buying something big and comfy.

That's what your woman is for! :pac:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's what your woman is for! :pac:

I'm afraid I'm the comfy one. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm the comfy one. :pac:

Built for comfort not speed, eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

A bit of a grandad car

cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430/5392388

Full-21741674.jpeg

Silky smooth v8
    11 months tax
    Looks very clean

Cons: ex limo (on limo tax)

Cheeky offer of €4k - a near years tax = cost of €2.5k

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Built for comfort not speed, eh? :D

You know it, my speedy days are over. :p

On the subject of comfy.
    LS400, New NCT, €999.
    View2-20847170.jpeg

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Here is an older site detailing all the changes to the Lexus LS up until 2004 from the very first

www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65,208 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't agree it's expensive. If you do serious mileage, the fuel savings over a petrol luxobarge will be massive

And the ad doesn't say it, but it's NCTd till '15. And also has current tax. And good quality nearly new tyres. A good sign for sure that the car is still being used.

for that money you could get a 2006 model with half the miles and with the facelift which brings it right up to date.

An '06 diesel A8 for €8k?

Show us one :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd nearly buy that myself, only it's not on my immediate plans for another 2 years.

unkel wrote: »
    An '06 diesel A8 for €8k?

Show us one :)

In all honesty Ive kind of made a bit of a mistake here. Im from Scotland, so I always use the UK sites a lot. Its way cheaper over there and thats what I base my car prices on. I didnt quite appreciate just how huge the numbers are when you convert miles to km.

There are 2003 4.0TDIs for 6000EUR. Although they can have as little as 75,000 miles. I know thats not kilometers, but still its a big difference.

Here is a 4.2TDi Long Wheelbase model, which is awesome for about 7800EUR with 241000km, similar to the car posted up, except its a more powerful, more economical and faster engine and has the facelift. Also remember thats just the asking price, plenty of room to barter!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201307167850253/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/a8/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/g611re?logcode=p

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭useless

Here is a 4.2TDi Long Wheelbase model, which is awesome for about 7800EUR with 241000km, similar to the car posted up, except its a more powerful, more economical and faster engine and has the facelift. Also remember thats just the asking price, plenty of room to barter!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201307167850253/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/a8/make/audi/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/g611re?logcode=p

7800 euro...now click on the link below to find out how much Vehicle Registration Tax the Irish Govt will charge you on that A8...
    https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭rocky

And I doubt it's more economical than the 3l diesel...

• Advertisement

Its more economical that the 4.0. Thats what I was comparing.

Im Scottish, I dont pay such ridiculous VRT charges, why on earth would I pay what is a complete and utter scam? The Governments warn us about being conned by bogus conmen all the time, when here they are doing it in the daylight. Disgusting.

In all honesty Ive kind of made a bit of a mistake here. Im from Scotland, so I always use the UK sites a lot. Its way cheaper over there

No problem dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭useless

Im Scottish, I dont pay such ridiculous VRT charges, why on earth would I pay what is a complete and utter scam? The Governments warn us about being conned by bogus conmen all the time, when here they are doing it in the daylight. Disgusting.

OK, if we're comparing like with like, and say that you're buying a car in Scotland, that 3.0TDI on donedeal is asking 8k euro, minus a VRT rebate of 3456 euro, so the asking price becomes 4544 euro or approx 3750 stg.
    That's a lot of car for the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That seems very very expensive for an A8. The mileage is sky high too, for that money you could get a 2006 model with half the miles and with the facelift which brings it right up to date.

Now Now play nice :) That's a Boardsie's car if I remember right.

He PM'd me as a possible swap when I was looking at A6's. Nice car in all fairness and the price seems about right, but I prefer the facelift look myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Oomph! That's one hell of a luxobarge!

View2-22211755.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8/5440085

3350 for a D3 A8. Incredible.

One of the Chinese dictator's favourite (next to the W140)

View2-22174601.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-750-classic-car-automatic/5480799

€2,950. Not a chance I'd pay that, but €2,5k :)

One of my all time favourites: The W126 SEC.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-sec-420/4699677
    Not too bad at 3k.

And now, every Japanese/Chinese, asian dictator's car: The W140 S600. V12 Goodness.
    View2-22014038.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/s600-w140-mercedes-6liter-v12/5448330
    Not the best colour and no NCT, but has been dry storaged so shouldn't need that much. The seller doesn't even want much cash for it. €2k (I'd say €1.5k with a bit of bargaining) and it's all yours. Throw in a black wrap for €600 (or there abouts) and you got your own dictator's car for peanuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thats really not worth its weight in scrap unless it was being driven/tested.

Which, the S600? These have the V12s. Unlike BMW's, these truly were bulletproof. Better than the V8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Seeing as the NCT isnt a test of the engine I was more refering to perishable and wearable components which im sure are far from cheap on a big girl like that.

Plus its green.

Seeing as the NCT isnt a test of the engine I was more refering to perishable and wearable components which im sure are far from cheap on a big girl like that.

Plus its green.

That's just nitpicking :D It's a large, executive luxury car with a V12 in it. I admit, the colour isn't much of a luxobarge colour, but still, it definitely qualifies as such, and costs peanuts!

I know most Irish would probably go to an Authorised Mercedes Benz Mechanic, but I'm pretty sure Johnny from Donnybrook, who's got his garage would fix it cheaper and just as well.

I just checked out of wonder for some parts and brake discs for this car are cheaper than the ones for a Volvo V50...

• Advertisement

useless wrote: »
    OK, if we're comparing like with like, and say that you're buying a car in Scotland, that 3.0TDI on donedeal is asking 8k euro, minus a VRT rebate of 3456 euro, so the asking price becomes 4544 euro or approx 3750 stg.
    That's a lot of car for the money!

Whats this VRT rebate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement