Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://vimeo.com/71532906 CJ catching fish
    That looks brilliant.

The lads had a ball it seems. Love the Gaeilge from the Hostel owner at the end. Real thick Kerry Gaeilge.

Great Gaeilge from Ian Nagle as well. He's obviously been watching too many games on TG4, instead of being on the field for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

You wouldn't see Jamie Heaslip on a boat off the coast of Kerry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

You wouldn't see Jamie Heaslip on a boat off the coast of Kerry!

Afraid his headphones would get wet?

Lelantos wrote: »
    Afraid his headphones would get wet?

You've nailed it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

This looks like great craic.
    INPHO_00722967.jpgINPHO_00722966.jpg
    INPHO_00723016.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Some fantastic PR generated from the Munster Race. Fair play to Simon Mannix for supposedly coming up with the idea.

Mannix for big Pats job! His back play isn't that good anyway!

CJ WATCH: looking to buy puppy

C J Stander ‏@CJStander 6m
    We looking to buy a pup..anyone know where to look for King Charles Cavalier spaniels?! #help #spaniel #wifeschoice #iwantabulldog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Wife?He's 23...

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Wife?He's 23...

gotta lock that down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Wife?He's 23...

They get married young in SA, was there on my honeymoon earlier this year met several SA couples on their honeymoons all 23/24/25, made us feel old as feck.
    Was talking to Bulls fans in Johannesburg about Stander, his name is muck in SA for coming here as a 'project player'. They were all quite sure he'd have been capped for the boks if he stayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The actual days for the 1st 12 rounds of the Rabo have been announced, along with location and TV station.
    Fixtures for Rounds 1 - 12 (all kick off times local to where game is being played):

Round 1: Sat. 7th Sept. Munster v Edinburgh, Musgrave Park, 7.15pm – TG4

Round 2: Fri. 13th Sept. Zebre v Munster, Stadio XXV Aprile, 7.30pm

Round 3: Fri. 20th Sept. Benetton Treviso v Munster, Stadio Monigo, 8.30pm

Round 4: Sat. 28th Sept. Munster v Newport Gwent Dragons, Musgrave Park, 6.45pm – RTE

Round 5: Sat. 5th Oct. Munster v Leinster, Thomond Park, 6.45pm – RTE

Round 6: Fri. 25th Oct. Glasgow Warriors v Munster, Scotstoun Stadium, 7.35pm – BBC Alba

Round 7: Sat. 2nd Nov. Munster v Ospreys, Thomond Park, 7.15pm – TG4

Round 8: Sat. 23rd Nov. Cardiff Blues v Munster, Arms Park, 6.30pm – S4C

Round 9: Fri. 29th Nov. Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, Rodney Parade, 7.15pm

Round 10: Sat. 21st Dec. Munster v Scarlets, Musgrave Park, 7.15pm – TG4

Round 11: Fri. 27th Dec. Munster v Connacht, Thomond Park, 7.15pm – TG4

Round 12: Fri. 3rd Jan. ’14, Ulster v Munster, Ravenhill Stadium, 7.05pm – BBCNI

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/12142.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Tonne of Friday matches, three matches not televised, and only two of the games televised on RTE. Fairly shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tonne of Friday matches, three matches not televised, and only two of the games televised on RTE. Fairly shíte.

Two matches in a row not televised is a sickener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are we this season's Leinster? They moaned like...well you know what...about being relegated to TG4 for most of last season

athtrasna wrote: »
    Are we this season's Leinster? They moaned like...well you know what...about being relegated to TG4 for most of last season

I think the main Leinster gripe was that all our games up to Christmas were televised & theirs weren't.
    I remember quite a lot if Marie Terese in her red beanie & Fla trying out his cúpla focal on TG4 quite a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

They'll probably be available online just as Leinster's in Italy were last season.

People will gripe about not getting the live games (God knows enough Leinster fans did last season when we had a whole two not televised in a season) but we're still ridiculously spoiled for live games compared to the likes of England and France.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We really can't complain about not having matches on TV, just look at our poor neighbours to the north, they've only 2 home games on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭phog

Televising the Italian games seems to be an issue and I'd guess Munster looked for and got the two games in a row so they could set up a training camp while there, iirc, they seemed to try that last season but one game was postponed.

I considered trying to head over to Treviso for week and catch both games but at the moment that's not a runner.

I'm happy with the schedule so far, a few games have 6 day turnarounds should still be manageable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The only Friday night home game is the Connacht game over Christmas. Every other home game is on a Saturday evening. I don't care when the away games are on cause I don't go to them. Thats the best set of times we've had in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Clareman wrote: »
    We really can't complain about not having matches on TV, just look at our poor neighbours to the north, they've only 2 home games on TV.

All their home games are on BBC NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I know last season Leinster's games in Italy weren't televised. TG4 (badly) streamed one of them with no sound.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    All their home games are on BBC NI

I think he mean't Connacht. Their only home matches televised are against Ulster and Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I think he mean't Connacht. Their only home matches televised are against Ulster and Leinster.

Apologies, your'e probably right. I took North to mean Ulster, as opposed to North meaning Weshties... :)

Squad Update from Munster Rugby
    The squad are in to week six of their pre-season programme with the countdown on for the first game of the season on August 24th in Thomond Park against Gloucester Rugby.

The forwards gathered in Limerick on the bank holiday Monday for their session while the backs were in Cork and their numbers were boosted by the returning Lions Conor Murray and Simon Zebo. The remaining Lion Paul O'Connell is on honeymoon and is due back at a later date.

The players trained in their respective centres today with a number of players in line to attend the Munster Rugby Talent Camp in Rockwell tomorrow afternoon.

Peter O'Mahony met with press in his first official capacity as Munster Captain and spoke of his eagerness to get stuck in from the off for next season, and highlighted the positive attitude amongst the squad.

On the injury front Stephen Archer (wrist) has made a return to full training while Keith Earls is taking part in limited rugby action. Felix Jones (shoulder) and Luke O'Dea continue to rehab their respective injuries with O'Dea continuing to wear the wrist splint.

Didn't realise LOD was out injured, he really needs to be available for the early round of games if he wants to make his mark, whenever he got a chance last year he seemed to shine.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Apologies, your'e probably right. I took North to mean Ulster, as opposed to North meaning Weshties... :)

Tbh, so did I.

phog wrote: »
    Squad Update from Munster Rugby

Didn't realise LOD was out injured, he really needs to be available for the early round of games if he wants to make his mark, whenever he got a chance last year he seemed to shine.

He's had the splint on since before the summer so it must be serious enough. Hopefully he'll be back in full training soon, I'd really like to see him get a chance to see how he fares this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/12143.php#.UgIUs6xJtNg
    SEAT announced a 3 year deal that will see SEAT become the official car partner to Munster Rugby and title sponsor of the Munster Schools Senior and Junior Cups.
    Pre-season games now known as 'SEAT Series' under the sponsorship.

Shame Munster Youths 17s&19s cups not being sponsored by SEAT as well like was the case with Avonmore

• Advertisement

Andrew Conway a kicking option off the tee now too?! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement