Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

POM was better than Heaslip for Ireland this season.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Can't believe they didn't pick POC. Maybe he didn't want it or won't play enough games? But for me he was the best and obvious choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Can't believe they didn't pick POC. Maybe he didn't want it or won't play enough games? But for me he was the best and obvious choice.

Why? Bar the HC games he won't see much gametime, plus he's likely to be captain of the national side

POM is a very good choice as a squad captain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭phog

Defo the best but I wonder is the Irish job his and he couldn't/wouldn't do both. Could it be Penney wanted a younger guy taking over now while the likes of Paulie is around to support him.

JagerScout wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNQK59mOj6_06MBNSmTwI37frPJLzJiAPdNT9p2abT6qNdd2Ii

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

phog wrote: »
    anyone know what all this #Munsterrace is that I see on Twitter?

Team building exercise. 6 teams of 8 players being dropped around the province tomorrow with no money or transport and they have to get to Youghal by Thurdsay evening. And they're tweeting updates. More here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Limited WiFi here in my hotel, none since last night til now :(, anyone know what all this #Munsterrace is that I see on Twitter?
    http://t.co/5bSdrAWfzu"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Ha. I wonder if the players saw the craic the Ulster players were having and asked the coaches could they do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Why? Bar the HC games he won't see much gametime, plus he's likely to be captain of the national side

POM is a very good choice as a squad captain

Would love to see POC as Irish captain but won't BOD and Heaslip have something to say about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

With POM at minimum likely to be in the Irish matchday squads how much more gametime will he really be seeing above POC barring POC getting more injuries which would probably mean he wouldn't be Irish captain.
    Defo the best but I wonder is the Irish job his and he couldn't/wouldn't do both. Could it be Penney wanted a younger guy taking over now while the likes of Paulie is around to support him.

Same logic applies for keeping Heaslip as captain of Ireland (or another younger player) so they have POC/BOD for support.

Think POM is a good choice (provided he controls his love of handbags a bit more) but the reasons being given there as to why it wasn't given to POC don't really make sense to me. I think POC simply didn't want to take the role on again.

• Advertisement

Would love to see POC as Irish captain but won't BOD and Heaslip have something to say about it?

All signs seem to be pointing to a POC appointment though

All signs seem to be pointing to a POC appointment though

Can you elaborate? Apart from an indo article I haven't seen anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Great news for the lad. He's been the form #8 to lead Ireland over the last year anyway :P

Well done mate. Reeled in a lot of biters with that one.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Can you elaborate? Apart from an indo article I haven't seen anything else.

Well the Indo article was basically the sign I was referring too. Look while it's not the best paper in the world I reckon they didn't pull the story out of nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I think Joe Schmidt has already recognized POM's brilliance as both a captain & No.8 from his time on the summer tour & he is nailed on to be captain for the 6 nations. Heaslip will do well to look & learn from the master.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I'd be very surprised if POM is selected Ireland captain. If Ferris gets fit POM is not a guaranteed starter. POC is an obvious choice IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If Ferris gets fit POM is not a guaranteed starter.
    I've a better chance of winning the Euromillions than Ferris has of ousting POM for Ireland. Ferris' body is a wreck. Can't see him in Green again, and certainly not long term.

athtrasna wrote: »
    I've a better chance of winning the Euromillions than Ferris has of ousting POM for Ireland. Ferris' body is a wreck. Can't see him in Green again, and certainly not long term.

It''s not promising but I really don't think Ulster would have extended his term for the sake of sentiment. If he comes through (which I wouldn't suggest is longer than 1 in 116,531,800!) he plays for Ireland; he's one of the best players produced in Ireland.

It''s not promising but I really don't think Ulster would have extended his term for the sake of sentiment. If he comes through (which I wouldn't suggest is longer than 1 in 116,531,800!) he plays for Ireland; he's one of the best players produced in Ireland.

Ulster only gave him a six month contract and his rehab isn't due to finish until the end of the third month. That's not exactly faith either, even Luke F got a one year contract when he was a wreck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Going a bit off topic but Ferris is out until Xmas or something (I think), by the time the 6N comes around it'll be two years since he'll have played for Ireland.

If he gets fit and in form then you can't leave him out of the team really, as unlikely as that seems to be.

• Advertisement

Aye, my initial point was that POM is by no means a dead cert for the Ireland captaincy. All things being equal I believe POC is head and shoulders above all involved.

My Ferris point is that in the occasion he does recover, however unlikely, POM is by no means guaranteed to play let alone captain the side.

Aye, my initial point was that POM is by no means a dead cert for the Ireland captaincy. All things being equal I believe POC is head and shoulders above all involved.

My Ferris point is that in the occasion he does recover, however unlikely, POM is by no means guaranteed to play let alone captain the side.

I really think you missed the sarcasm of the initial post.

EDIT: Or else it wasn't sarcasm.. :eek:

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I really think you missed the sarcasm of the initial post.

Just getting onto HAILO for a Taxi, I'll be 2 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think Joe Schmidt has already recognized POM's brilliance as both a captain & No.8 from his time on the summer tour & he is nailed on to be captain for the 6 nations. Heaslip will do well to look & learn from the master.

Not ambitious enough.

Pom will now lead us to World Cup victory, simultaneously scoring the winning try while helicoptering Richie McCaw. As he lifts the trophy a divine light will surround him and he will ascend into heaven but before taking his rightful place as the captain of the Garden of Eden XV he will impregnate all the women of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Teferi wrote: »
    Not ambitious enough.

Pom will now lead us to World Cup victory, simultaneously scoring the winning try while helicoptering Richie McCaw. As he lifts the trophy a divine light will surround him and he will ascend into heaven but before taking his rightful place as the captain of the Garden of Eden XV he will impregnate all the women of Ireland.

Which he will do in between fixing the economy, solving world hunger and hosting the late late show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Not ambitious enough.

You're assuming NZ will make the final :P

I wish I shared your confidence...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    O'Mahony named squad captain.

John Hayes ignored for the job?! Ah here I'm done with Penney at this stage, disgraceful stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

I wonder if pom can control zebo

I wonder if pom can control zebo

Zebo on the pitch is grand. Off the pitch...I blame the parents :p There are other provincial captains/acting captains who have not been able to control their players (or themselves) on the pitch and that's much more serious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not ambitious enough.

and if he does, he'll still have his detractors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement