Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Jesus would you both just drop it!

We get it you don't like each other.

No need for a fúcking argument every week regarding Earls/POM/ROG/NIQ rules.

Its really tedious.

You'd know there was no rugby being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think he didn't like Penny's style, and his game certainly didn't blossom under it

But he certainly wasn't doing the basics right either, his defense was actually good for most of the season but then went to pot.

And tbh, the whole "wavelength" thing is completely overstated. I remember literally dozens of occasions where instead of holding onto the ball Casey LLL tried things that simply weren't on (and not because there was no one on his wavelength, because they simply were not going to work). Then there were occasions when he simply executed offloads poorly.

He's a very good player, but Munsters abject backline play shouldn't absolve him of his own bad form completely

You say he might be trying things that weren’t on but how much of those how many came about due to the fact that supporting player weren’t there or weren’t where they should have been? Munster back play was poor last season and one of the big criticisms I’d have of it are the lack of support runners in general which makes having any type offloading game impossible and would make a player such as LLL who would be looking for them a lot to look even poorer than he was. If they actually get LLL’s offloading game right they could be lethal next season with the pace of their backline

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Jesus would you both just drop it!

We get it you don't like each other.

No need for a fúcking argument every week regarding Earls/POM/ROG/NIQ rules.

Its really tedious.

You'd know there was no rugby being played.

Who died and made you a Mod?

I agree it can get tedious but jm wasn't the only poster who had a hissy fit about bloody semantics and I have full right to defend my posts when their accuracy is called into question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Is this a joke?

Timeline.

Earls makes a quote saying he does not want to play winger. That he sees himself as a centre.
    Evidence - http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/earls-wants-to-be-the-best-centre-in-the-world-1-3820231

Weeks later, Earls reveals that he has had the discussion that he alluded to, and that he has stated that the new coach agrees that he is a centre
    Evidence - http://www.limerickpost.ie/2012/08/02/keith-earls-will-fight-for-13-spot/

How do you know
    One full year later, Earls tells media that he recently spoke to Penney and apologised for the media interaction.
    Evidence - http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i-dont-care-where-i-play-earls-29482954.html

---

done

Is what a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Foxtrol wrote: »

I agree it can get tedious but jm wasn't the only poster who had a hissy fit about bloody semantics and I have full right to defend my posts when their accuracy is called into question.

FYI not everyone that disagrees with your opinion is "having a hissyfit"

I think I've put across my view that your use of the word "demanded" in relation to Earls desire to play 13 is an exaggeration pretty reasonably

• Advertisement

So you picked a later interview after his discussion with Penney, what does that prove except he wasn’t half as headstrong after whatever was said in the initial meeting? If that was all he said to the media I'd have no issues with him but that isn't the case.

I’ve no issue with players going to coaches and giving their views, I can’t see how 99% of the time it wouldn’t be helpful.

Standard jm straw man, I never said he apologized for asking to play 13, I said he apologized for going to the media about wanting to go to play 13 which includes an interview were he states his plan to unequivocally tell the coach where to play him. He shouldn't have come out that strongly in public, with a new coach only coming in the door only making the situation worse.

Well I apologise then as I got what you posted completely wrong. I thought that you claimed that he "demanded'' that Penney play him at 13 when all he had done was say to a local paper when Penney was announced as the new coach that he 'wanted' to play 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Less of the snipes/back seat modding people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Never claimed to be a mod, just said its tedious.

I'm not demanding anything, i'm just asking.

Would ye not just agree that ye both read different things into the comments and leave it at that.

You are entitled to defend your post, but when the arguments go on 2-3 pages don't you think its time to just drop it?

FYI not everyone that disagrees with your opinion is "having a hissyfit"

I think I've put across my view that your use of the word "demanded" in relation to Earls desire to play 13 is an exaggeration pretty reasonably

Eh, where did I say all posters disagreeing with me were acting that way? Think you’ve been hanging around jm too long, you’re picking up those straw man tendencies.

And I think I’ve put across my view that going to the media and stating that you’re going to unequivocally tell your new coach you’re going to play in a position and stating that you’re going to demand to play in the a position would have the same intention, come across the same way, have the same outcome and reflect as badly on a player.

Can we now leave the bloody semantics?

Eh, where did I say all posters disagreeing with me were acting that way? Think you’ve been hanging around jm too long, you’re picking up those straw man tendencies.

Who else had a "hissy fit" so?

• Advertisement

Who else had a "hissy fit" so?

Have a read back and see yourself, it/they are easy enough to pick out.

Oh by the way I just looked back on the post that's caused all the mess and what I said was 'Pretty much demanding' not demanding. Serves me right for making the presumption that jm wasn't half quoting me to drag the discussion away from the actual point I was making and into a sh1tfest, with the irony being that he/she made the claim how bad I was that I had done that to poor Earls.

Again can we just leave the semantic/other crap now?

Have a read back and see yourself, it/they are easy enough to pick out.

Oh by the way I just looked back on the post that's caused all the mess and what I said was 'Pretty much demanding' not demanding. Serves me right for making the presumption that jm wasn't half quoting me to drag the discussion away from the actual point I was making and into a sh1tfest, with the irony being that he/she made the claim how bad I was that I had done that to poor Earls.

According to the old wikidictionary "Pretty much" can imply 'a higher or more satisfactory degree of completeness'.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pretty_much

I'd love to spend an hour in jmo8's head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Well lets see...
    jm08 wrote: »
    According to the old wikidictionary "Pretty much" can imply 'a higher or more satisfactory degree of completeness'.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pretty_much

That would be a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Where's that gif of grandpa Simpson walking in and walking out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Where's that gif of grandpa Simpson walking in and walking out?

Just back in and back out again quietly. Nobody had to know.

reverse-3204840swsw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

For the sake of variety

this_thread.gif

Perhaps the final word on the matter?:

sticky-this-thread.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Alternate jersey reminds me of another team...but which one ;)http://t.co/yB2rwu8iwB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster A B&I Cup fixtures for rounds 1-4 confirmed
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/12145.php

Round 1: Sat. 12th October, Munster A v Stirling County, Bandon RFC, ko 4pm
    Round 2: Fri. 18th October, Nottingham v Munster A, Meadow Lane, ko 8pm

Round 3: Fri. 6th December, Plymouth Albion v Munster A, Brickfields, ko 7.45pm
    Round 4: Fri. 13th December, Munster A v Plymouth Albion, Waterford RSC, ko 7.30pm

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Some people have very short memories..

Munster+v+Toulouse+Heineken+Cup+Final+EelQzhkL0DTl.jpg

The new one kinda reminds me of one of my favourite modern Munster jerseys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Some people like to share a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Cracking jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Seen an article on the pro 12 website about Earls looking to nail down a spot with Munster but not bothered where. I haven't been following Munster that closely, where is he likely to nail down a spot ? Will he be playing enough in one position to stand a chance at being involved with Ireland ya reckon ?

Sorry if this has been gone over before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Seen an article on the pro 12 website about Earls looking to nail down a spot with Munster but not bothered where. I haven't been following Munster that closely, where is he likely to nail down a spot ? Will he be playing enough in one position to stand a chance at being involved with Ireland ya reckon ?

Sorry if this has been gone over before.

I think it may have been mentioned here once or twice over the last few days....weeks....months! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think it may have been mentioned here once or twice over the last few days....weeks....months! ;)

I glanced over it and though it was mostly about whether or not he was a 13 and all that jazz. I'm just wondering given Munsters current squad and option in each position does it look like he'll be first choice in a certain position ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I glanced over it and though it was mostly about whether or not he was a 13 and all that jazz. I'm just wondering given Munsters current squad and option in each position does it look like he'll be first choice in a certain position ?

I would think he's first choice for outside centre to be truthful

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Earls is still in the utility role that doesn't suit the player long term unfortunately, great for the club and coach though.

With doubts still surrounding Jones's fitness (I think I read somewhere that he'll miss the start of the season) it wouldn't be that mad to see Earls line out at 15. Equally he could play on the wing or could be first choice 13 too!

In summary I haven't a clue where he'll play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

if a player like Earls cant make the Munster team it will be some session

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement