Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Looking a bit deflated .....

E80534CAAACA4C0BB4CDBCE43FE9E60C-0000356410-0002907090-00800L-1B0E2CE5811E49A48A9CFA81BD88CBD9.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

mk1eighty wrote: »
    Near Moate

Very Close, I think it's a Morris 1100 Mk1.

(Austin versions have a different shaped chrome bootlid handle above the number plate. Mk1 cars have little fins which were cropped off fro the Mk2.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Kat1170 wrote: »

E80534CAAACA4C0BB4CDBCE43FE9E60C-0000356410-0002907090-00800L-1B0E2CE5811E49A48A9CFA81BD88CBD9.jpg

Is it for sale?
    Always liked 155's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Was walking by this house for years. The garden was cleared one day and this was under a hedge. It's gone now, probably to the scrap heap. Anyone know the make and model?
    picture.php?albumid=1964&pictureid=14613

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

Reliant Kitten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

It's a Reliant Kitten.

Where was the house - doesn't matter, as it's gone now, but I remember a guy in Tritonville Road, Sandymount used to have a few of these in his garden, and before he had them, he had a few DKW/Auto-Unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

Kat1170 wrote: »

Is this for sale??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Type 17 wrote: »
    It's a Reliant Kitten.

Where was the house - doesn't matter, as it's gone now, but I remember a guy in Tritonville Road, Sandymount used to have a few of these in his garden, and before he had them, he had a few DKW/Auto-Unions.

That's the one alright

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Silvera wrote: »
    Is it for sale?
    Always liked 155's.
    sirrah wrote: »
    Is this for sale??;)

Sorry guys don't know. Will throw up directions later when I remember exactly where it is. Took pic last year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

w124man wrote: »
    Reliant Kitten.

Indeed, factory van version has a different front moulding and 7" round headlamps unlike the cars which had the 7" x 5" rectangular lamps and the bandit's mask grille panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

macplaxton wrote: »
    Indeed, factory van version has a different front moulding and 7" round headlamps unlike the cars which had the 7" x 5" rectangular lamps and the bandit's mask grille panel.

No rust on it anyway - could turn it into a boat :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

crispy old irish VW i came across recently

vw_zps8f19bb4e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

68deville wrote: »

vw_zps8f19bb4e.jpg

Is it for sale ????? such a shame seeing it left out to rot, it doesn't look too bad at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

68deville wrote: »

That brings back memories - I often travelled in one as a kid, 69-72 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

JCJCJC wrote: »
    That brings back memories - I often travelled in one as a kid, 69-72 approx.

i remember an uncle of mine getting rid of one over 30 years ago in a non enviromental way the body was perfect the engine was shagged the reg was kli ***

made a mess of first post!supra_zps57b1b4ac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

An old Irish reg supra is a rare beast

Bigus wrote: »
    An old Irish reg supra is a rare beast

I owned 82D418 ( I think :confused: ) and bought Ciaran Haughey's crashed S ll for the wide wheels and other bitz ( he wouldn't sell the log book tho' !!! )

Happy memories driving back from Bruxelles every Saturday with about 5-6 pints on me and a car load of P***Y :cool: - lucky me and the Supra survived :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Spotted this off Evergreen St. Cork recently, unfortunatly the local scumbags have been having a go at it.

• Advertisement

aujopimur wrote: »
    Spotted this off Evergreen St. Cork recently, unfortunatly the local scumbags have been having a go at it.

Lying for long ? San Sebastian ( NE Spain - near the French border ) reg - looks rust free. If I had a tow wagon I'd tow it to a 'safe place' :D and try to find the owner - before restoring it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It's not abandoned as such, the owner lives nearby, her details are on the dash asking the the traffic warden to be kind to her.
    I'd be interested myself but I don't have the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

A Fiat A Seat or a Lada?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

That's a Seat 124 - 1974 vintage

aujopimur wrote: »
    It's not abandoned as such, the owner lives nearby, her details are on the dash asking the the traffic warden to be kind to her.
    I'd be interested myself but I don't have the room.

VERY popular in Spain as classic rally machine https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=seat+124&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4ADRA_enIE451IE451&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qHFaUfS5GZOBhQfgnYHACw&sqi=2&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1141&bih=624 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lofty76

The Seat 124 is NOT abandoned, it is mine. It was actually my daily driver until last October, when some idiot tried to steal it and messed up the wiring for the lights and signals (so please no jokes about towing it, it makes me nervous).

It is, however, for sale. I intend to post it on done deal soon. Feel free to gimme a call at 087 9905282. It turns over and has spanish papers in my name.

Cheers

Capri wrote: »

Probably more rust free than any from here :):) Interesting project for someone, wiring wouldn't be difficult :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Best of luck with the sale Lofty - it sounds as if there are some interested parties here on this thread already :D

MtM

Lofty76 wrote: »
    The Seat 124 is NOT abandoned, it is mine. It was actually my daily driver until last October, when some idiot tried to steal it and messed up the wiring for the lights and signals (so please no jokes about towing it, it makes me nervous).

It is, however, for sale. I intend to post it on done deal soon. Feel free to gimme a call at 087 9905282. It turns over and has spanish papers in my name.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd be very interested if I had more space money and time.
    Other than that I'd be fine, best of luck with the sale hope it finds a good home.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'd be very interested if I had more space money and time.
    Other than that I'd be fine, best of luck with the sale hope it finds a good home.

'Enemies' of the classic car collector - Lack of covered space, time, money :rolleyes: there again we might be like Jay Leno if we did have the 3 :eek:

Advertisement