Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

hi5 wrote: »
    Not Ireland, I'd guess:(.
    not too many shoebox Fords like that around, looks like it was customised at some stage.

In Florida at the rear of a classic car dealer lot,the 51 ford was for sale for
    small money but had a load of bits missing and was badly rotted,was trying
    to negotiate a deal on another car he had an is still ongoing a month later:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

From the Top Gear site in their article about the new Focus ST Estate
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/ford-focus-st-estate-in-russia-2012-01-04

Thumbnail.jpg?p=130104_04:12
    Twelve years ago, Sergey Kourkin and Ekaterina Kirillova started collecting Russia's classic American cars,
    most of which were ordered by high-ranking politicians for, as far as I can tell, a bit of a laugh.

They broke down, but resourceful mechanics simply ripped out the errant engines and replaced them with tiny Soviet ones (55bhp Mustang, anyone?).
    There are 100 heavily antiqued examples here, 20 of which are Fords, all collected in the spurious name of preservation

I'd love the vette the way it is, never have to worry about anyone parking too close again

Although I'd say the seats would be like a giant petri dish at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

taken a few months back but i forgot to post them , its dumped in a yard not far from me ,

DSCF1384.jpg
    DSCF1385.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

^ was for sale on DoneDeal a while back, looks like it didn't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

hi5 wrote: »
    ^ was for sale on DoneDeal a while back, looks like it didn't sell.

Woodworm / rust /horse**** ..... :eek:

Take a very brave man to take all that on :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Would make a pretty cool camper though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

On which subject, I vaguely remember someone several years back building an extremely high-quality camper body onto a 1940s American truck base - it appeared in architectural and other magazines at the time. Ring any bells with anyone?

johnty56 wrote: »
    Would make a pretty cool camper though!!

It would indeed, but you wouldn't want to be too ambitious about seeing the world:D

Or buy something like this and do a complete chassis and engine swap

View2-15485754.jpeg

i get your point about not being too ambitious about seeing the world in it.. but it would be much cooler:)
    don't have time now, but I'm seriously thinking about taking something like that on in the near enough future.. it probably wouldn't even matter if it never moved... baby due in a couple of months and I'm sure I'll be looking for somewhere to, for want of a better word, 'hide' every now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

johnty56 wrote: »
    i get your point about not being too ambitious about seeing the world in it.. but it would be much cooler:)
    don't have time now, but I'm seriously thinking about taking something like that on in the near enough future.. it probably wouldn't even matter if it never moved... baby due in a couple of months and I'm sure I'll be looking for somewhere to, for want of a better word, 'hide' every now and then!
    Ya think?
    You might get a good run at it in about 18 years.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Ya think?
    You might get a good run at it in about 18 years.

Jaysus.. don't say that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Anan1 wrote: »
    On which subject, I vaguely remember someone several years back building an extremely high-quality camper body onto a 1940s American truck base - it appeared in architectural and other magazines at the time. Ring any bells with anyone?

There was one in Scotland i think, on George Clarke's amazing spaces on channel 4 before Christmas.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

original irish car too!!

front_zps5596d11c.jpg

Is that inside the horsebox ??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

68deville wrote: »
    original irish car too!!

front_zps5596d11c.jpg

Now thats a real find, what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Capri wrote: »

Oh yea, couldn't figure out what the badge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Is it for sale, or is it going to be rescued/restored? (Not interested myself, but it seems like a shame to leave it in such damp conditions)

Rare enough Irish beta spider,sorry for pic quality:rolleyes:

beta_zpsc872cefd.jpg

• Advertisement

Rare enough Irish beta spider,sorry for pic quality:rolleyes:

beta_zpsc872cefd.jpg
    Cool, where is it?

parked outside a garage in enniscorthy

parked outside a garage in enniscorthy

You're back in 'the real world' :(:( after your US pics ;);)

afraid so! classics everywhere ya turn where i was stayin:D

I remember about 2 or 3 years ago I was passing a small garage about a mile or so down the bunclody road seeing what I thought was a red beta coupe/spyder would this be the same car?

Cleanout - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4406131

Got me to thinking - wonder would someone start a 'recycling' service for cars, go round collecting anything from shells to unsaleable stuff, and then knowing where to shift it to ?:
    Our 'traditional' recyclers seem to have moved to pastures greener :eek: -

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/irish-traveller-gang-linked-to-audacious-norway-art-heist-3350256.html

AN Irish Traveller gang has been linked to an audacious art theft from a museum in Norway last weekend.

Two thieves broke into the Museum of Decorative Arts in Bergen early last Saturday morning and escaped with a valuable haul of Chinese artifacts.

The thieves were caught on security camera, wearing head-lights and using crowbars to smash the glass cases in which the treasures were displayed.

Norwegian police suspect the same gang of Irish Travellers who have already been linked by Europol to a string of robberies, money laundering, and counterfeit goods.

Gardai expect a formal request for Irish assistance from Norwegian police to follow, according to sources.

The gang is suspected of carrying out a string of robberies from small galleries and museums in provincial cities and towns across the UK and on the Continent. There have been robberies in Belgium, France and Germany.

Europol, the international police agency, issued a statement last year claiming that the gang operated as part of a criminal network that spanned America, Europe and China. The group, known as the Rathkeale Rovers, has been linked to the illegal trade in rhino horns which can fetch up to €200,000. They are believed to have stolen horns from a natural history museum in Brussels and from a collection in a small town in western France last year.

The Criminal Assets Bureau is investigating the finances of some of the principal gang members. However, many of them are resident abroad, beyond the reach of the bureau's asset-seizing powers :p:p.

Irish victor

victor_zpsd72672b6.jpg

^ whats that to the right of it?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I remember about 2 or 3 years ago I was passing a small garage about a mile or so down the bunclody road seeing what I thought was a red beta coupe/spyder would this be the same car?

it could be?currently its on the Ross road side of the town

• Advertisement

Type 17 wrote: »
    Is it for sale, or is it going to be rescued/restored? (Not interested myself, but it seems like a shame to leave it in such damp conditions)

It would take a considerable amount to get it back on road,more than car
    would be worth to be honest,its minus its original engine too and the ash
    frame is shot aswell as the boby fabric,its a shame its left like that but its
    the reality of it.

Advertisement