Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

sattvfan wrote: »
    How are you simply meant to switch satellites in Enigma ? Crazy setup, most of the buttons do nothing

i am pretty sure you can just press ok, and then press the green button and this will let you browse between satellites.
    But your probably best to make a fav group and add all channels you want from different satellites in there and you wont have to switch between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

Anyone know if blind scan is planned with Enigma ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

I am a newbie considering buying an Alien 2 receiver, but I am a bit confused between the DVB-T and DVB-T2 version, I asked satworld and they said T2 is the UK version, but I think I read somewhere that you need T2 for some Saorview features (HD?) - Which version should I get?

Thanks in advance for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Blind scan has been incorporated into Enigma2 for a long time ..... Just depends on whether the tuner supports it and whether developers include it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

cool_cat wrote: »
    I am a newbie considering buying an Alien 2 receiver, but I am a bit confused between the DVB-T and DVB-T2 version, I asked satworld and they said T2 is the UK version, but I think I read somewhere that you need T2 for some Saorview features (HD?) - Which version should I get?

Thanks in advance for your input!

The Saorview spec changed on the 1st Jan to T2 but they aren't using it

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The Saorview spec changed on the 1st Jan to T2 but they aren't using it

ok, so in your opinion should I try to get the T2 version of the Alien 2 in case it does become a requirement to receive Saorview at a later stage?

ok, so in your opinion should I try to get the T2 version of the Alien 2 in case it does become a requirement to receive Saorview at a later stage?

Yes, I would, although the hardware will be most likely obsolete before Saorview get round to upgrading equipment to T2. The advantage of T2 is that it saves bandwidth, the UK need it as they have several Muxes, we have one and are getting a second so we are not stuck for bandwidth

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, I would, although the hardware will be most likely obsolete before Saorview get round to upgrading equipment to T2. The advantage of T2 is that it saves bandwidth, the UK need it as they have several Muxes, we have one and are getting a second so we are not stuck for bandwidth

Thanks very much, just to clarify, the T2 version would be able to receive the current Saorview broadcast, right?

Thanks very much, just to clarify, the T2 version would be able to receive the current Saorview broadcast, right?

Yes, it's backward compatible

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Blind scan has been incorporated into Enigma2 for a long time ..... Just depends on whether the tuner supports it and whether developers include it

Hmmm but why is it not on the Alien 2 then ?

• Advertisement

How do I run the plug-ins I install ?

I've no idea if the hardware supports it. Why don't you ask the devs on the Satstation forum, it's not a feature any of us are using (or needing).
    How do I run the plug-ins I install ?

WTF? Menu-->plugins. Are we spoon feeding now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm planning on upgrading my Dm800 to a Triplex but have a small query.
    I currently have an internal Sata HDD in the Dm800 with my recordings but the Triplex only supports an external hard drive.
    If I put the Sata HDD in a caddy and connect it up will I be able to see my recordings on the Triplex ?

Secondly whats the layout of the Triplex remote like compared with that of a Dm800 which I find very good.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm planning on upgrading my Dm800 to a Triplex but have a small query.
    I currently have an internal Sata HDD in the Dm800 with my recordings but the Triplex only supports an external hard drive.
    If I put the Sata HDD in a caddy and connect it up will I be able to see my recordings on the Triplex ?

You should be fine, it's most likely ext2 or ext3. You will have to set Enigma to the exact same path though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

again, i'm not a mind reader ..it may depend on what image you are using ?
    Its not a major requirement for a lot of people so often does not get a high priority billing.

Does Blindscan work on Spark ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

no i mean NSA, i have a zyxel NSA320. it is a network storage area, but i am sure some might also refer to it as a NAS

Are there any cons with using the network as opposed to the usb port for an external? Are the access times as fast for recording, pausing, etc.?

Cheers

T0MMY wrote: »
    Are there any cons with using the network as opposed to the usb port for an external? Are the access times as fast for recording, pausing, etc.?

Cheers

Yes there is a major con in that i cannot get it working with the HDMU image on enigma! I can only use my network drive to stream from in enigma, I cannot get it set up to record or as a HDD through enigma.

However in spark I can record to it in HD no problems, I have not tried to record two channels at once though, so I cannot comment on that yet.
    I have played back full HD films of around 6-8gig in size, which are already stored on my network drive without any problems or lag.
    I guess this is really a question of your network setup, type of cable you are using, distance from hub ext.

I also cannot compare it to a locally plugged in hard drive as i have not used one with it. For me if i have to buy a separate hard drive for the box it defeats the purpose for which i bought it for in the first place.

I am hoping in time, I will have the same access to my network drive in enigma as i do in spark.

[QUOTE
    Does Blindscan work on Spark ?[/QUOTE]

Yes certainly blindscan works on the spark side.

I dont think i remember seeing this on the HDMU enigma side, but i guess it cant be there if you have to load the transponder list first in an xml

I think there might be something wrong with my enigma side though as it can take up to a half hour to scan 28.2E. It is a fraction of this in spark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I think there might be something wrong with my enigma side though as it can take up to a half hour to scan 28.2E. It is a fraction of this in spark

With Enigma2 and Autobouquets there is no reason to do a full scan of 28.2e. All channels are auto updated on a nightly/weekly/monthly basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

How yis folks. Just chancing my arm here but....
    One of my mates got one of these digital satellite receivers (dodgy box) installed by some fella and receives all the sky channels (HD, movies, sports etc) via his internet connection and pays the fella for feck all per month.
    Anyone know how i can do this myself, eg buy a sat receiver from ebay and set it up myself.

Not allowed to talk about it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 paradiddler86

Had a feeling alright thanks for the heads up

givecredit wrote: »
    With Enigma2 and Autobouquets there is no reason to do a full scan of 28.2e. All channels are auto updated on a nightly/weekly/monthly basis.

Granted valid point, I was just answering the question asked.

Also there is a need to a full scan every time you flash an enigma image. Which for me, in the 2 weeks i have had the box has been a lot.
    So, this is fine once you get everything set up and working. But at the start there is a lot of time wasting

Also there is a need to a full scan every time you flash an enigma image.

Incorrect. You just need to scan one transponder. Takes all of 3 seconds. Job Done.

givecredit wrote: »
    Incorrect. You just need to scan one transponder. Takes all of 3 seconds. Job Done.

Oh thats brilliant. Typical to find out after hours of my life wasted.

Any advice on vlc, rte iplayer and 3player apps causing the box to crash in HDMU?

Any advice on vlc, rte iplayer and 3player apps causing the box to crash in HDMU?

No idea whats wrong. RTE player and 3 Player work fine in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

I'm looking at the Golden Media Triplex, it seems to have a T2 terrestrial tuner, are there drivers available for this tuner either in spark or enigma2 mode.

Regards

stanley1 wrote: »
    I'm looking at the Golden Media Triplex, it seems to have a T2 terrestrial tuner, are there drivers available for this tuner either in spark or enigma2 mode.

Regards

Yes, it ships with spark and HDMU Enigma 2 now has the drivers for the T2 tuner, not sure what other images have

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭oaklands

Yes - i have this Golden Media Triplex box. The delivered spark image works with DVB-T2 out of the box. Make sure you flash with the HDMU image referenced earlier in this thread to get T2 working on Enigma2(HDMU).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

Anyone bought from this seller, seems keenly priced with free postage.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181067044942#ht_6864wt_1397

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭oaklands

stanley1 wrote: »
    Anyone bought from this seller, seems keenly priced with free postage.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181067044942#ht_6864wt_1397

Regards

Yes - thats where i got mine last week. It took 4 days to arrive via UPS (Shipped Monday, arrived Friday) and not the quoted 2 days. Very well packed, seemed to be the cheapest deal and no issues with it so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement