Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

stanley1 wrote: »
    Anyone bought from this seller, seems keenly priced with free postage.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181067044942#ht_6864wt_1397

Regards
    Any chance of these receivers being clones ?
    I know there are clones of the Alien 2 but I'm unsure of Triplex clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Zardoz wrote: »
    Any chance of these receivers being clones ?
    I know there are clones of the Alien 2 but I'm unsure of Triplex clones.

I think there are only clones of the Alien 1, not heard of any of the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭oaklands

Dear todomultimedia,

Hi I have some questions before purchasing:

1. Are you an offical distributor
    2. What is the flash/RAM & CPU speed of this unit?
    3. Is this a clone of the original?
    4. Does it come with a UK 3-pin powere plug or 2-pin?
    5. If purchased today or tomorrow when will it be shipped?

tnx
    ====
    Hi:

1) Yes.
    2) ST7162 256MB 540MHz Chipset
    3) Original
    4) 2 Pins
    5) Monday by UPS

Best regards.

Un saludo.Emilio

Above is the text of the exchange I had with them before buying. He confirmed they are not clones and that he is an official reseller.

I know this isnt a guarantee, but it would give me some comfort with paypal etc. The packaging looks all very professional, 2 replacement front panels are included along with batteries for the RC and a HDMI cable. It seems legit to me (famous last words :confused: ). You should also note that they dont cover postage for returns, which wouldnt be an issue with a local reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

is there any hardware difference between the Amiko and Golden media versions, I know they both have the same st7162 chipset.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think there are only clones of the Alien 1, not heard of any of the 2
    Cheers,that clarifies that so.
    Above is the text of the exchange I had with them before buying. He confirmed they are not clones and that he is an official reseller.
    Thanks for adding that .
    Looks perfect so,I have seen the Triplex for ~150 euro on a few German sites so that seems to be the going rate for them ,so 165 inc delivery would be about right.

Going to order one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

The terrestrial tuner is not working

Not a trace of anything but fine in Spark ?? I am using the image which Lavtronics installed dated Dec 15th. I have no other information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

If it's a T2 box then the T2 Image wasn't available at that stage so you need to upgrade to the latest image or go with HDMU

Yeah, you'll need to flash a more modern Enigma image that has the T2 driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

givecredit wrote: »
    Incorrect. You just need to scan one transponder. Takes all of 3 seconds. Job Done.

I have tried this tonight, and it does not work for me. The autobouquets does tabulate a correct channel list all right, however if you try to watch a channel which has not been scanned it says 'Service unavailable, check tuner' Only channels from the one transponder that i scanned are shown as available, the others are greyed out.

On the plus side the box hasnt crashed on me yet tonight in enigma :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I have tried this tonight, and it does not work for me. The autobouquets does tabulate a correct channel list all right, however if you try to watch a channel which has not been scanned it says 'Service unavailable, check tuner' Only channels from the one transponder that i scanned are shown as available, the others are greyed out.

On the plus side the box hasnt crashed on me yet tonight in enigma :eek:

You need to update your satellite xml. The one in your receiver is out of date. Try this one:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

givecredit wrote: »
    You need to update your satellite xml. The one in your receiver is out of date. Try this one:

I used one i downloaded from here http://satellites-xml.eu/ last week?
    Could this be out of date already?
    I have since done a complete scan and all channels have been added.
    Surely if the xml file i was using was out of date then they would not have scanned in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

As mentioned before all of these boxes come from the one plant in Tangiers.

Fulan had the original design, but the majority of the manufacturing/badging for Golden Media, Amiko and Sab is done by GIM in Morocco. They are based in Tangier Free Zone which allows very low customs tariffs to the EU.

241971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

STB wrote: »
    As mentioned before all of these boxes come from the one plant in Tangiers.

Fulan had the original design, but the majority of the manufacturing/badging for Golden Media, Amiko and Sab is done by GIM in Morocco. They are based in Tangier Free Zone which allows very low customs tariffs to the EU.

241971.jpg

and thats relevant why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I keep getting this message on some channels 'Service unavailable, check tuner' I noticed it when one channel would go off air and be replaced by another. Such as cbeebies when at 7 the Ch closes and is replaced by another BBC CH when I select it I get the error 'Service unavailable, check tuner'. Anyone know why this is and if there is a fix for it?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    and thats relevant why ?

Had you read the posts prior to my post you wouldnt be jumping in second guessing my motivation for posting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

STB wrote: »
    Had you read the posts prior to my post you wouldnt be jumping in second guessing my motivation for posting a response.
    Who was second guessing any motivation ?

Showing a picture of a factory has no relevance to the thread as it is now ... if you posted it some 4 months ago it would have more relevance..

But atleast you've proved a point that you can post a picture :P

I'll look forward to seeing future pictures of DM, Marysus and TM factories

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Hey guys, just a quick question in relation the Golden Media Triplex, I know it's pretty much identical hardware to the Amiko Alien 2. So I'm just wondering if all the support in this thread, and tutorials can be used the same on the GM Triplex?

Are there any major difference in the two boxes (apart from clock speed) that I might need to be aware of? I'm relatively new to satellite receivers but fairly tech savvy and am looking forward to playing around with a linux receiver!

Digidol wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a quick question in relation the Golden Media Triplex, I know it's pretty much identical hardware to the Amiko Alien 2. So I'm just wondering if all the support in this thread, and tutorials can be used the same on the GM Triplex?

Are there any major difference in the two boxes (apart from clock speed) that I might need to be aware of? I'm relatively new to satellite receivers but fairly tech savvy and am looking forward to playing around with a linux receiver!

Everything support wise and tutorials wise applies to both receivers.

Brilliant, thanks very much! Do you have a GM yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I keep getting this message on some channels 'Service unavailable, check tuner'

Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Who was second guessing any motivation ?

Showing a picture of a factory has no relevance to the thread as it is now ... if you posted it some 4 months ago it would have more relevance..

But atleast you've proved a point that you can post a picture :P

I'll look forward to seeing future pictures of DM, Marysus and TM factories

Several people asked whether the prices being quoted where for clones. The Amiko, Golden Media and the Sab triple tuners are all made by GIM. People could easily wonder whether one model is a chinese clone. They are simply rebadges with a boot ID to identify one from the other. They all run Fulan's Spark as well as e2 images.

I did post about them a year ago, not four months ago before they actually came out under the various badged names as Fulan had designed the chassis, software and configuration.

Infact had you read page one of this very thread you would have seen my posts of all three, and my comment that they are the one and same box design, with slight variations on tuner swop out for t2.

Does that explain the relevance to your satisfaction ?

Its Marusys by the way. TM are not a manufacturer (Hubtech in SK are and brand under Technomate, Clarke Tech, Max, Next etc) so I doubt you would be interested in pictures of the TM offices in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

Yeah, you'll need to flash a more modern Enigma image that has the T2 driver.

Ah ok and is this easy to do ? What is the laest image ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Most have a menu item for "Software Upgrade" or something similar I think

sattvfan wrote: »
    Ah ok and is this easy to do ? What is the laest image ?

Follow my guide, but use this latest image from here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/18610-hdmu-team-e2-image-amiko-alien-2-a-6.html
    championc wrote: »
    Most have a menu item for "Software Upgrade" or something similar I think

Not sure if software update would update a tuner driver, it's certainly worth a try first though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Hi all,
    Would there be a demand for a Boardies software image (maybe HDMU Teams E2 Image), semi-setup for Astra2/Irish DTT, channel lists kinda sorted and ready for a DVB-T rescan?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Would there be a demand for a Boardies software image (maybe HDMU Teams E2 Image), semi-setup for Astra2/Irish DTT, channel lists kinda sorted and ready for a DVB-T rescan?

I feel it's best if people flash themselves as they will learn all about the box in going through the process and won't be back asking basic questions. It's not a plug and play box on Enigma, users will always need to be messing about, adding plugins etc

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anything thats makes the process easier for others is a great idea. Not everyone is pc literate. They should not be turned off by complicated setup processes. So yes I would like to see a boardies HDMU image appear here.

Thanks for taking the time to help others...

I just got my GM Triplex today, I'm using Pogs tutorial but I'm stuck on the second step trying to downgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade, when I go to the Spark Software Upgrade section I don't see that version in there, all I have is GM_spark_one_triplex_1.2.51, but it's not an E2 Boot upgrade, do I have to download that on the laptop and transfer by USB?

I've attached an image of the upgrade options I have

Digidol wrote: »
    I just got my GM Triplex today, I'm using Pogs tutorial but I'm stuck on the second step trying to downgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade, when I go to the Spark Software Upgrade section I don't see that version in there, all I have is GM_spark_one_triplex_1.2.51, but it's not an E2 Boot upgrade, do I have to download that on the laptop and transfer by USB?

I've attached an image of the upgrade options I have

Is there not a second page, there is on Amiko

• Advertisement

Is there not a second page, there is on Amiko

No there just seems to be the one page with the six upgrades? I assume the last option on that page, the Spark 1.2.51 is no good for loading E2 on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement