Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I am having problems mounting my NAS over the ethernet connection on this side of the box.
    It was so simple and straightforward to do on the spark side of the box I cant believe its so frustrating on the enigma side.

I have the same issue and cannot figure out whats up. I have a synology NAS and not sure if this is the issue?

What type of NAS are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

m8 wrote: »
    I have the same issue and cannot figure out whats up. I have a synology NAS and not sure if this is the issue?

What type of NAS are you using?

using a zyxel, it shows up in the network browser, and i have added it with the mountmanager in netowrk configuration, but i must not have done it right or something.

Also i can access it through the upnp in the media centre, but I can only view folders, none of the actual files are showing up. wont let me play anything off it.

Will definitely go back to spark i think as this was the main function i got the box for. Much more user friendly on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Just got one of these boxes, great fun so far trying to set it up :)

Might not be useful for anyone but find attached a terrestrial.xml that adds the Three Rock (Dublin) Terrestrial transmitter for quick scanning of all of its muxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

I am a bit lost here, I am not that impressed with blind scan either. Also there are well known sats missing from the list like Telstar 11N 37.5 west which is crazy. I don't find E2 that amazing either, what is so good about this over Spark which does'nt even have blind scan ?! I was lead to believe that blind scan on this box was so fast and accurate etc

Somehow this box although yes many options lacks the sort of umph or gravitas you would get from a well known box like a Technomate etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

sattvfan wrote: »
    I am a bit lost here, I am not that impressed with blind scan either. Also there are well known sats missing from the list like Telstar 11N 37.5 west which is crazy. I don't find E2 that amazing either, what is so good about this over Spark which does'nt even have blind scan ?! I was lead to believe that blind scan on this box was so fast and accurate etc

Somehow this box although yes many options lacks the sort of umph or gravitas you would get from a well known box like a Technomate etc

It's about the plugins, skins and streaming over http. Update your satellites.xml
    http://satellites-xml.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Technomate ... thats funny ... have you seen their Linux offering ? Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Technomate ... thats funny ... have you seen their Linux offering ? Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Yes I was meaning the new 5402 not the linux one but yes I am talking nonsense I guess...I'll get the hang of this soon I hope

Press F1 it says to use USB keyboard but this just takes me to the apps icon

reflashed mine to the latest HdMu to see if it would fix some problems, still my plugins are forcing the box to crash.

Scanning in astra 28.2 takes about a half hour, setting up autobouquets takes another 15.
    Ftp over all the plugin files is more time........... all to find out that the box is still crashing.

Still is not allowing me to mount my network drive, however after reflash i was able to play my NSA media through the media player.

Its a small reward for all the time spent so far............

reflashed mine to the latest HdMu to see if it would fix some problems, still my plugins are forcing the box to crash.

Scanning in astra 28.2 takes about a half hour, setting up autobouquets takes another 15.
    Ftp over all the plugin files is more time........... all to find out that the box is still crashing.

Still is not allowing me to mount my network drive, however after reflash i was able to play my NSA media through the media player.

Its a small reward for all the time spent so far............

Are you changing the permissions of the plugin files to allow them be executable?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Are you changing the permissions of the plugin files to allow them be executable?

Not for the RTE or 3 player apps that were posted earlier in this thread.
    The vlc player plugin i am downloading direct from the menu, so i assumed this should work without any change? But it still crashes.

Do i have to change permissions for all apps? Will it be 777 or 755?

oh i hope this is what i was doing wrong

• Advertisement

Not for the RTE or 3 player apps that were posted earlier in this thread.
    The vlc player plugin i am downloading direct from the menu, so i assumed this should work without any change? But it still crashes.

Do i have to change permissions for all apps? Will it be 777 or 755?

oh i hope this is what i was doing wrong

Just the ones you ftp over, autotimers and dvbsnoop. If you're having problems flash E2 again. I had to flash twice to get stable, the same happened on two boxes

Just the ones you ftp over, autotimers and dvbsnoop. If you're having problems flash E2 again. I had to flash twice to get stable, the same happened on two boxes

Ya i changed the permissions on both those like you said.
    Which file in the rte and 3 folders should i change permission, and should i change to 777 or 755?

Ah sure the weekend is nearly here, i can be flash happy then! :)

I will give her till Monday, if she hasnt responded to my touch by then... i will head back to spark till i get bored again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

Could anyone tell me where/how to get skins for Satstation? The preinstalled ones are gick!

Ya i changed the permissions on both those like you said.
    Which file in the rte and 3 folders should i change permission, and should i change to 777 or 755?

You don't need to change those

Has anyone tried the NovoeTV plugin ?

Ah got this working now anyway, free 3 day trial here http://new-rus.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Anyone know a way of being able to change what buttons on the remote do?
    Looking to change it so when I hit 'OK' the current channel info would just pop up, just like when you hit INFO now

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

I've recently purchased an Amiko Alien SHD 8900 and looking to install the Enigma 2 image. I've followed the a number of guides and cannot seem to get it to run properly. It continously crashes. I'm now trying to downgrade the Spark software to 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade and then do the install but its not available in Spark Online software update on the box. . The only options I get are shown on the attached image. Is there another way to downgrade? I've downloaded the AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade.rar file but am not sure how to load it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I fairly confident I can finish the Enigma install once I get over this hurdle. Any help is appreciated.

dextor03 wrote: »
    I've recently purchased an Amiko Alien SHD 8900 and looking to install the Enigma 2 image. I've followed the a number of guides and cannot seem to get it to run properly. It continously crashes. I'm now trying to downgrade the Spark software to 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade and then do the install but its not available in Spark Online software update on the box. . The only options I get are shown on the attached image. Is there another way to downgrade? I've downloaded the AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade.rar file but am not sure how to load it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I fairly confident I can finish the Enigma install once I get over this hurdle. Any help is appreciated.

Everything in this thread is about the Alien 2 which is completely different hardware.
    Try here: http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien/

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Everything in this thread is about the Alien 2 which is completely different hardware.
    Try here: http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien/

Thanks again Pog Mo Thoin, I'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

I have figured out how to turn subtitles off using the yellow TXT button and scrolling down.

However, does anyone know how to permanently disable subtitles appearing on channel change?

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but I havent seen a solution.

• Advertisement

oaklands wrote: »
    I have figured out how to turn subtitles off using the yellow TXT button and scrolling down.

However, does anyone know how to permanently disable subtitles appearing on channel change?

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but I havent seen a solution.

In the main menu go to settings, in there, there is a miscellaneous option menu, one of those relates to permanently turning off the subtitles

In the main menu go to settings, in there, there is a miscellaneous option menu, one of those relates to permanently turning off the subtitles

Thanks for the reply. However, in the main menu I have
    HDMU Center
    HDMU Media Center
    Timer
    VCR scart
    Information
    Plugins
    Setup
    Stadby/restart
    When I select Setup->System optins an option appears for Subtitle settings - but I cannot see any option in there to turn off subtitles(permanently). Also I havent seen any option labeled 'Miscellaneous'.

I dindnt metion that this is using Enigma 2 image.

Anyone managed to remove subtitltes?

oaklands wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. However, in the main menu I have
    HDMU Center
    HDMU Media Center
    Timer
    VCR scart
    Information
    Plugins
    Setup
    Stadby/restart
    When I select Setup->System optins an option appears for Subtitle settings - but I cannot see any option in there to turn off subtitles(permanently). Also I havent seen any option labeled 'Miscellaneous'.

I dindnt metion that this is using Enigma 2 image.

Anyone managed to remove subtitltes?

Menu-->setup-->system-->auto language selection-->set allow subtitles for the hearing impaired to no

sorry thought you were in Spark.

I have returned to spark! I reflashed the latest HDMU image last night..twice!! And still the rte, 3 and vlc player cause the box to crash. I have also failed to mount a network drive on the HDMU image. Who knew this could cause a person so much stress!

On returning to Spark, i am enjoying the quiet simple life. No stress, and the remote works effortlessly, i dont have to pound it like i did in enigma. I may have lost some skins an a few apps, but i am a much happier person today for sure!

I have no doubt i will make a return to enigma once a few more updates for HDMU come out, but for now i will enjoy my sanity

What HDMU image are you flashing? None of us here are having issues, HDMU for me is pretty solid.

Menu-->setup-->system-->auto language selection-->set allow subtitles for the hearing impaired to no

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this setting was set to no already. So I set the previuos setting (Allow subtitle language to equal audio language -> none).
    Then I had to manually turn off subtitles on each channel and it seems to work now(i.e. no automatic subtitles).

Thanks for all the help guys.

The latest one i think, HDMU_10640, I know most of the rest of you seem not to be having the same problems but i can assure you this does not ease my frustration! lol
    The box is definitely more sluggish in enigma for me, and does not respond well to the remote. It is not the batteries, as i only have the box a week, and the remote is actually very sensitive in spark.
    Anyway even if the plugins were working I really need to be able to record to my NSA, so until i can properly mount a netowrk share HDMU is a non runner for me.

The latest one i think, HDMU_10640, I know most of the rest of you seem not to be having the same problems but i can assure you this does not ease my frustration! lol
    The box is definitely more sluggish in enigma for me, and does not respond well to the remote. It is not the batteries, as i only have the box a week, and the remote is actually very sensitive in spark.
    Anyway even if the plugins were working I really need to be able to record to my NSA, so until i can properly mount a netowrk share HDMU is a non runner for me.

The batteries that ship with it are terrible, I noticed a good difference with Energisers

I have tried to update the sat database from a USB drive but all I get is 'Open xml file failed' ?

Tried both ones from satbeams and satellites-xml.eu

• Advertisement

I have tried to update the sat database from a USB drive but all I get is 'Open xml file failed' ?

Tried both ones from satbeams and satellites-xml.eu

You have to FTP it to the box

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement