Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Sorry to butt in but just had to get it off my chest that those two idiots really annoy me! There was a chap on this forum going about mouthing off in their manner a while back! I really hope nobody with even a slight bit of sense listens to that pair for advice!

Sorry again... rant over!

I must disagree:eek:, twinmuscleworkout are testament to the fact that if you eat healthy & train hard you can get great results. You must remember they're 38 years old and don't do steroids (claim they don't and i believe them).

They do waffle a bit and that particular video you posted is an example of that, but they are funny. They give good advice for noobs or even people who have been training for a few years. Obviously IFBB pros aren't going to take advice from them. I'm guessing their demographic is men aged 18-30.

Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

ZMA's should be taken away from calcium, protein has calcium

It's not optimal as the calcium will interfere with absorption but I wouldn't be over concerned (wouldnt waste money on zma on first place).

You could take the zma 60-90 mins pre bed and your protein just before bed.

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I must disagree:eek:, twinmuscleworkout are testament to the fact that if you eat healthy & train hard you can get great results. You must remember they're 38 years old and don't do steroids (claim they don't and i believe them).

They do waffle a bit and that particular video you posted is an example of that, but they are funny. They give good advice for noobs or even people who have been training for a few years. Obviously IFBB pros aren't going to take advice from them. I'm guessing their demographic is men aged 18-30.

Just my opinion

They are retards!

Just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

john_cappa wrote: »
    It's not optimal as the calcium will interfere with absorption but I wouldn't be over concerned (wouldnt waste money on zma on first place).

You could take the zma 60-90 mins pre bed and your protein just before bed.

Have found ZMA's to be very good for me personally also only paid €30 for 3 months supply

Never got on with it but I sleep well unless stressed and then nothing will help. Have used 'need to sleep' and it was reasonable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

True, but you're not going to take it right before or straight after you train when you need a fast absorbing protein are you? I also like a shake first thing in the morning to get my metabolism going and a fast acting protein like whey isolate is ideal! I only take casein at night but obviously you could take it whenever you felt like it but you could say that about anything?

The myth that you need a fast digesting protein like whey is still around. Many argue that chocolate milk is the best post workout drink right yet the majority of that is casein. Read Here-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15570142
    Acute ingestion of both WH and CS after exercise resulted in similar increases in muscle protein net balance, resulting in net muscle protein synthesis despite different patterns of blood amino acid responses.

And Here- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21045172
    In conclusion, whey and casein intake immediately after resistance exercise results in an overall equal MPS response despite temporal differences in insulin and amino acid concentrations

john_cappa wrote: »
    Water retention is over exaggerated as a side effect IMO.

It sure is. And when you consider that muscle is made up of around 70-75% water.....

^^^

Great post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Anyone take a greens supplement? can you recommend a good one if so?

jugger0 wrote: »
    Anyone take a greens supplement? can you recommend a good one if so?

Like spirulina?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Tbh just stick with your whey protein, Fish oil, Multi and optionally vit d and you should be fine. Anything else is just a waste of money.
    Towards a weight lifters goal may I add :)

• Advertisement

AH92 wrote: »
    Tbh just stick with your whey protein, Fish oil, Multi and optionally vit d and you should be fine. Anything else is just a waste of money.

Creatine perhaps?

double GG wrote: »
    Creatine perhaps?
    Yea that's a good addition as well! Haven't used it in a while that's why I forgot about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

AH92 wrote: »

I tend to try food every now and then as well, seems to do the job

Lago wrote: »
    I tend to try food every now and then as well, seems to do the job

H8clR.gif

Like spirulina?

Hmmm never heard of this til now, i was thinking of powdered green vegetables you add to water.. whats spirulina like? would ya recommend?

Hmmm never heard of this til now, i was thinking of powdered green vegetables you add to water.. whats spirulina like? would ya recommend?

Its powdered sea greens, never taken it cause I eat a sh!t load of veg with my dinner most days...

Here is the nutritional breakdown of it
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2765/2

Its powdered sea greens, never taken it cause I eat a sh!t load of veg with my dinner most days...

Here is the nutritional breakdown of it
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2765/2

Thanks for that, how much veg would you eat by the way? i usually eat around 500 grams of brocolli with my dinner, maybe carrots and parsnips on the weekend... not a big veg man to be honest but i dont want to be missing out on the health benefits!

Thanks for that, how much veg would you eat by the way? i usually eat around 500 grams of brocolli with my dinner, maybe carrots and parsnips on the weekend... not a big veg man to be honest but i dont want to be missing out on the health benefits!

I'd normally have 250-300g broccoli, 50-100g Carrots...Those are cooked weight, I'd also have around 30-50g spinach too...

I thought my veg amounts were high but obviously not:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

has anyone tried b supreme. i am on this at the moment

I'd normally have 250-300g broccoli, 50-100g Carrots...Those are cooked weight, I'd also have around 30-50g spinach too...

I thought my veg amounts were high but obviously not:o

You can never get enough veg! ;)

• Advertisement

You can never get enough veg! ;)

Oh i love veg, I'd rather have an extra plate of veg instead of potatoes

Powder greens taste like ****. The worst of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I placed an order with iherb for fish oil (capsules and liquid) on the 29th and received it today - 9 days, that's quite good. Never ordered from them before and I went for the cheapest shipping option so I thought it would take a while. I got fish oil from myprotein in the past but wasn't very happy with how long the last delivery took and read here that other people had similar problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Just after getting some Beta Alanine. How do you guys take it?...on the pack it says four 1.5g scoops a day, but would it be ok to just take say 5g at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone any recommendations for a good pre-workout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

I use craze. Its good! Different to the usual per workouts that are full of caffeine. Loads of reviews on bodybuilding.com and other sites so check them out and see if you like the sound of it :)

A strong coffee and a handful of winegums.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

As was mentioned a strong coffee does it for most, but if you want an actual pre-workout product Gun Powder by ROS is quality. One of the best I've ever tried.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

For the price of some of them I might just stick to redbull. Never tried coffee but it if it tastes how it smells- no way:P

• Advertisement

Jack3d was the best, nothing else comes close...

Gosh i miss it :'(

Advertisement