Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

For the price of some of them I might just stick to redbull. Never tried coffee but it if it tastes how it smells- no way:P

properly made coffee is the dogs!! and itll give you that kick for the gym, a strong one anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

jugger0 wrote: »
    Jack3d was the best, nothing else comes close...

Gosh i miss it :'(

Jack3d Micro is awesome, i love the new formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Original jacked had such a poor profile it's unbelievable. Just dmaa basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Liam90 wrote: »
    Jack3d Micro is awesome, i love the new formula.

Really? ive read a few reviews on it, people always compare it to the old one and say its just not as good, tempted to give it a go tho.
    john_cappa wrote: »
    Original jacked had such a poor profile it's unbelievable. Just dmaa basically.

Delicious dmaa... what more do you want! i could drink 4 cups of coffee and feel nothing (bar a bad case of the runs), 2 scoops of jack3d and id be rearing to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Bought some myProtein Impact Whey Protein Banoffee flavor. it tastes sooo good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Really? ive read a few reviews on it, people always compare it to the old one and say its just not as good, tempted to give it a go tho.

Micro is a completely different product and wasn't meant to replace the old Jack3d. It's a lot less stimulant based and much more of a focus product.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've found Black Powder great, definitely gave good results, TBH I wasn't completely impressed with the origional Jackd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

hey guys,

I'm going to do a stock up and I'm thinking of chancing MyProtein again and keep the fingers crossed for proper delivery!

Has anyone tried the Reflex Nutrition whey protein? Not familiar with it but I'm interested!

Also I'm looking at picking up some Creatine - would anyone have any recommendations or a preference between Kinetica or Dymatize?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

tmc86 wrote: »
    hey guys,

I'm going to do a stock up and I'm thinking of chancing MyProtein again and keep the fingers crossed for proper delivery!

Has anyone tried the Reflex Nutrition whey protein? Not familiar with it but I'm interested!

Also I'm looking at picking up some Creatine - would anyone have any recommendations or a preference between Kinetica or Dymatize?

cheers

As long as the creatine is monohydrate you're grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I used to wonder why I was in a fantastic mood shortly after taking it, great product but some of the ingredients were a bit dubious.

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    I used to wonder why I was in a fantastic mood shortly after taking it, great product but some of the ingredients were a bit dubious.

Yes there was a serious buzz to it, funnily enough craze would make me feel the opposite, almost depressed even.

hey guys,

I decided to order from HP Nutrition (Mon pm) and my order was delivered this morning (Wed). First time using them but excellent service, free delivery and very reasonable prices. For €54 I got;
    • 1.32kg Syntha 6 Peanut Choc
    • 500g Pharmafirst Whey Strawberry White choc (haven't tried before and wanted to see what it is like)
    • 300g Dymatize Creatine Mono
    • A new shaker
    I've just had the Syntha 6 peanut choc and it is delicous!!

I decided to order from HP Nutrition (Mon pm) and my order was delivered this morning (Wed). First time using them but excellent service, free delivery and very reasonable prices. For €54 I got;
    • 1.32kg Syntha 6 Peanut Choc
    • 500g Pharmafirst Whey Strawberry White choc (haven't tried before and wanted to see what it is like)
    • 300g Dymatize Creatine Mono
    • A new shaker
    I've just had the Syntha 6 peanut choc and it is delicous!!

Syntha 6 is the nicest protein i think ive ever tasted, the vanilla tastes like melted HB ice cream

Syntha 6 is the nicest protein i think ive ever tasted, the vanilla tastes like melted HB ice cream

first time I've tried it and the only time I've wanted another shake soon after!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try throwing in a spoon of "decent" instand coffee, it tasts even better.
    Yeah BSN, probably do the nicest flavours out there, Cellmass Artic Berry Blast; nicest supplement I'm ever taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

...not hard to make something taste nice when you f*ck a load of sugar in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hanley wrote: »
    ...not hard to make something taste nice when you f*ck a load of sugar in.

Apparently their new version doesn't taste as good due to the reduced carbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Has anyone ever dabbled with hgh spray ? Is it even legal in Ireland ... Iv being reading up a lot about it and it seems pretty safe that's the spray !.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Has anyone ever dabbled with hgh spray ? Is it even legal in Ireland ... Iv being reading up a lot about it and it seems pretty safe that's the spray !.

Just lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Just lol

http://www.southeastern-pharmaceutical.com/

I put on 8kg of muscle after being on this product for a little over 6 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Hi guys, can anyone tell me is there a difference between dextrose, maltodextrin and waxy maize starch?
    Since they all fall into the fast acting carb category why would you pick one over the others?

33vm8lh.gif

Just got myprotein omega 3 capsules, how many would i need to take a day? the bottle says 2 or 6...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Just got myprotein omega 3 capsules, how many would i need to take a day? the bottle says 2 or 6...

Well work out how many grams you need a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Couple of questions

Creatine:
    I've been taking creatine for 6 weeks now, and was wondering is there a point in which I should stop taking it? I take 5g a day as things stand.

Whey protein:
    If I take in 40g of whey in one sitting(normally after training) does my body absorb it all or does some of it just get passed out? I'd after have a shake on non training days to bring my protein intake up...as whey is a fast acting protein and all that

The whey protein question is something that has been raised by a lad who trains a lot and his views and opinions on whey have confused me a little

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Just lol

simple question was all, i know the effects of it would be no where near the extent of it in its purest form but i taught it work similar to the way natural test boosters work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

simple question was all, i know the effects of it would be no where near the extent of it in its purest form but i taught it work similar to the way natural test boosters work.

In a sense that they don't really? The only thing tribulus gave me was a horn... no joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Couple of questions

Creatine:
    I've been taking creatine for 6 weeks now, and was wondering is there a point in which I should stop taking it? I take 5g a day as things stand.

Whey protein:
    If I take in 40g of whey in one sitting(normally after training) does my body absorb it all or does some of it just get passed out? I'd after have a shake on non training days to bring my protein intake up...as whey is a fast acting protein and all that

The whey protein question is something that has been raised by a lad who trains a lot and his views and opinions on whey have confused me a little

Creatine doesn't need to be cycled. Just keep on taking your 5g a day and your good.

Also don't worry about not getting the protein you take in. The talk about only being able to absorb 30g per sitting is bro science. I regularly take in 50g+ in one sitting. Your body will process about 10g of protein an hour IIRC. It won't pass it out of your system and if you don't need the amount you have it will just make it take longer to digest till you do. The body is a pretty well regulated machine like that.

Why would you have a shake to bring up protein on non training because it's fast acting? I honestly don't understand why it being fast acting makes any difference on training days...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Creatine doesn't need to be cycled. Just keep on taking your 5g a day and your good.

Also don't worry about not getting the protein you take in. The talk about only being able to absorb 30g per sitting is bro science. I regularly take in 50g+ in one sitting. Your body will process about 10g of protein an hour IIRC. It won't pass it out of your system and if you don't need the amount you have it will just make it take longer to digest till you do. The body is a pretty well regulated machine like that.

Why would you have a shake to bring up protein on non training because it's fast acting? I honestly don't understand why it being fast acting makes any difference on training days...?

Sorry I didn't make me point clearly...

I'd have a shake on non-training days to bring up my protein intake. But as i was told, because whey is fast acting it would just run through my system, and run though my system even faster on non-training days...But as you've already said, this line of logic is bro-science

• Advertisement

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Well work out how many grams you need a day.

You're not even a real doctor are you?

Advertisement