Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone got a discount code for bulk powders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone got a discount code for bulk powders?

Check this

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/first-orders

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    A friend recommended AnimalFlex today for keeping the ol joints in good shape... any used it or recommend similar/better for helping the joints?

Along with uping your fish oil intake try MSM powder @ 3grams per day. Cheap when bought in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

john_cappa wrote: »
    How have you measured the quality and efficacy out curiosity if it is spot on?

I judged it on how i rated its effectiveness for me in terms of recovery and if i was in anyway lethargic the next day. I have found some brands of protein to be better than others in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

Do you guys take whey everyday or only on days of workout ? Same question for casein. I only take these on days of workout but wondering if I should be taking everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

cagefactor wrote: »
    Do you guys take whey everyday or only on days of workout ? Same question for casein. I only take these on days of workout but wondering if I should be taking everyday.

if you need the protein everyday, take them everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

If you need the extra protein take it.
    If you don't need the extra protein don't take it.

try to get 1g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight, everyday, rest days included.

try to get as much of that protein from whole foods and you'll get the benefit of the other nutrients in the food too.

you can use the whey immediately after exercise and the casein before bed.
    but these proteins powders should be a supplement to your diet not the mainstay of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

If you need to take it everyday to hit your targets, then take it.

Personally I take it four days a week. All on the days I train. On a workout day I usually hit about 250g of protein per day but on the days I don't, about 210g all from foods.

You'll benefit from the nutrients of a wider range of the good foods you eat like paddywiggum said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

10% off bulkpowders

Code : WNT10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

10% off bulkpowders

Code : WNT10

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Can someone just check this for me, because it seems so good that I feel I must have made a mistake the way I'm looking at it.

5kg of protein from here is €56

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/shop-by-category/protein-supplements/whey-protein/whey-protein-concentrate-82-instantised.html

While when I looked on Amazon, it was around €35 for less than a kilogram

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximuscle-Promax-Vanilla-Protein-Powder/dp/B000OC3G28/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359327817&sr=8-2

Is that actually right or am I reading it wrong? I know it sounds stupid but I rarely get protein and I don't want to make a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Lago wrote: »
    Can someone just check this for me, because it seems so good that I feel I must have made a mistake the way I'm looking at it.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/shop-by-category/protein-supplements/whey-protein/whey-protein-concentrate-82-instantised.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximuscle-Promax-Vanilla-Protein-Powder/dp/B000OC3G28/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359327817&sr=8-2

Is that actually right or am I reading it wrong? I know it sounds stupid but I rarely get protein and I don't want to make a mistake

That's right. Maximuscle stuff is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Go bulkpowders for sure.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Oisinjm wrote: »
    That's right. Maximuscle stuff is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Go bulkpowders for sure.

Oisín

Ok thanks. Thought I would save money on delivery by buying from Amazon because I want to get some other times from there. Guess not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Lago wrote: »

Sounds fairly right.

Maximuscle is a complete rip off, probably the most expensive of all protein brands, while the likes of Bulk Powders and My Protein are much better value.

The 5kg bag for £47.99 is the unflavoured one, it's £59.99 (about €70) for the flavoured one.

There is also some protein here, 5kg flavoured for €65.79:

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

Bulk Powders and My Protein also have regular special offers to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ok, so THAT'S the last time I order from My Protein.

I made an order on Jan 8th. The email said delivery would be made on or before Jan 18th. Not ideal, but fine.

Package arrives in Athlone at their depot on Jan 18th. Tracking says "Appointment Scheduled". I don't know what that means but i'm expecting to get my package on Monday.

No sign of the package all last week. I contact them on Wednesday. "We'll chase that up for you".

I contact them on Friday. "We'll chase that up for you". I ask them to clarify what they meant. They said they had a "courier team" who dealt with problems with the courier service.

Still nothing.

This morning I rang them and was told the same thing. The girl on the phone was very rude. She told me they'd call me within t hour to sort it. I asked for a guarantee that i'd get a call as i'd been waiting almost a week on the first one. She said she guaranteed they'd ring me.

Of course they didn't! So I then rang them back and told the same girl that if I don't get my package by lunchtime tomorrow i'm putting in a dispute with Paypal and getting my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

MrStuffins wrote: »

Of course they didn't! So I then rang them back and told the same girl that if I don't get my package by lunchtime tomorrow i'm putting in a dispute with Paypal and getting my money back.

Similar thing happened me. I ordered on the 7th. My package was actually stuck in DPD because the address was missing 2 lines.

Ring them up and ask for the DPD tracking number and call them and see what the story is.

Put the dispute in anyway with Paypal. I got my money refunded yesterday and collected it myself from DPD.

What's the best kind of protein? Free Protein!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i ordered from myprotein and got my order 3 days later. seemed excellent to me

Similar thing happened me. I ordered on the 7th. My package was actually stuck in DPD because the address was missing 2 lines.

Ring them up and ask for the DPD tracking number and call them and see what the story is.

Put the dispute in anyway with Paypal. I got my money refunded yesterday and collected it myself from DPD.

What's the best kind of protein? Free Protein!

Where did you collect it from in the end? Where was their depot?
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    i ordered from myprotein and got my order 3 days later. seemed excellent to me

And up until today I never had a problem with them.

But this debacle has made me decide that i'm never ordering from them again. How difficult can it really be to provide a satisfactory service?

Where did you collect it from in the end? Where was their depot?

Yeh from the depot but they had no problem delivering it to me, I just wanted to collect it.

• Advertisement

My Protein don't use DPD anymore though no?

My Protein don't use DPD anymore though no?

They do. They stopped using MHI because of the massive fook up.

If your parcel is in Athlone it more than likely has gone to DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

are MP warehousing their stuff in germany now? my last delivery went from germany to england to here, it could hardly have been in england twice could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

are MP warehousing their stuff in germany now? my last delivery went from germany to england to here, it could hardly have been in england twice could it?

Lots have people have had their orders magically end up in Germany.

When you got your confirmation e-mail, was your address right in full?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Lots have people have had their orders magically end up in Germany.

When you got your confirmation e-mail, was your address right in full?

Im not sure, it was last month ,I dont think I checked the email fully once I knew it was confirming the order. After that I just crossed my fingers! In fairness I got the delivery in about a week which for them is decent. I onlt went with them as they had an offer on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

I think they are getting at DMAA in Jack3d as the cause for that girl dying in the London marathon...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman-who-died-running-london-marathon-claire-squires-had-taken-stimulant-8472689.html

Thud wrote: »
    I think they are getting at DMAA in Jack3d as the cause for that girl dying in the London marathon...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman-who-died-running-london-marathon-claire-squires-had-taken-stimulant-8472689.html

It's banned here anyway so it's not really an issue. The Irish Medical Board banned it last year. Any pre workout or fat burner on the shelves now is DMAA free.

Oisín

God thats terrible. When it was first banned i was bit annoyed cos Jack3d was a great supplement and the new Jack3d Micro aint a patch on it (prob cos no DMAA)

But i think the authorities have got this one right. Sometimes we need protecting from ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

Oisinjm wrote: »
    It's banned here anyway so it's not really an issue. The Irish Medical Board banned it last year. Any pre workout or fat burner on the shelves now is DMAA free.

Oisín

i chucked out a tub of the old stuff a few weeks back
    i'm sure there are a few tubs of it floating around still

• Advertisement

i chucked out a tub of the old stuff a few weeks back
    i'm sure there are a few tubs of it floating around still

I'd say she had a pre existing heart condition and that coupled with the DMAA is what did the damage. Chances of you having any complications from taking the rest of the Jack3d you had is very very small. It's illegal to have anything with DMAA on the shelves, I know as I've had the IMB and the FSAI call me about it. Obviously you can still find ways of buying these products if you really want to, but as I said, you won't get it over the counter.

RIP to the woman as well and my prayers are with her family. Awful thing to happen.

Oisín

Advertisement