Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

hooked up my sky hub there, i have upto 24MB

connected at:

19526kpbs
    765kpbs

this is a faster connection speed from eircom where i would connect at around 17200kpbs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

SnowDrifts wrote: »

Currently in the process of trying it. Ill let people know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hogzy wrote: »
    Currently in the process of trying it. Ill let people know how I get on.

Thanks a mil.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Can anyone tell me which number there ringing to get broadband. Ive just had a sales guy at the door trying to sell me sky but iv already signed up online last week. Ive rang a number on the leaflet asking about broadband and they said its not launching in Ireland yet to register my interest online :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

spider_pig wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me which number there ringing to get broadband. Ive just had a sales guy at the door trying to sell me sky but iv already signed up online last week. Ive rang a number on the leaflet asking about broadband and they said its not launching in Ireland yet to register my interest online :confused:

The initial offer is finished since last Friday .Read back over the last 3/4 pages of this thread & you'll get the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Thanks a mil.

OK, I followed the instructions and used the Wireshark program. Found my username which is (MACNumber at the back of your router)@skydsl

Also found my password (at least I think it was my password). It was 8 characters long but contained no letters. The guide states that the password should be NLNNNNLN (N=Number, L=Letter). Anyway I tried putting in the 8 digit code with the username into my Netgear DGN2000, put in the Sky IP and Sky DNS. Unfortunatly it didnt work.

If anyone else has any suggestions lets here them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

The initial offer is finished since last Friday .Read back over the last 3/4 pages of this thread & you'll get the info.

rang the number its exactly as you said its only being rolled out as a trial basis they said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Sky Hub received this morning, expected to be connected next week. Hoping for an improved speed on Eircom but thats doubtful, the savings alone makes it worth it regardless.

Hogzy wrote: »
    OK, I followed the instructions and used the Wireshark program. Found my username which is (MACNumber at the back of your router)@skydsl

Also found my password (at least I think it was my password). It was 8 characters long but contained no letters. The guide states that the password should be NLNNNNLN (N=Number, L=Letter). Anyway I tried putting in the 8 digit code with the username into my Netgear DGN2000, put in the Sky IP and Sky DNS. Unfortunatly it didnt work.

If anyone else has any suggestions lets here them :)

Maybe this might help?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-fibre-help/51449-extracted-password-sr101-advice-extra-characters-information.html#post401853

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one having any trouble connecting an iphone to the sky hub ? my laptop just connected grand after it asked for my pin. neither the password or the pin is connecting for my iphone , booooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

BArra wrote: »
    hooked up my sky hub there, i have upto 24MB

connected at:

19526kpbs
    765kpbs

this is a faster connection speed from eircom where i would connect at around 17200kpbs

When was your activation date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

2smiggy wrote: »
    any one having any trouble connecting an iphone to the sky hub ? my laptop just connected grand after it asked for my pin. neither the password or the pin is connecting for my iphone , booooooo

Are you putting all caps as the password?

Went from under 3mb to just under 6mb which might not seem much to some - but means HD Netflix now and much speedier general browsing

Oh and unlimited is comforting - no checking vodafone site at the end of each month to see if I'm hitting that 40gb limit again

For those of us on rural exchanges, Sky's entry into the DSL market has been a big boost!

(Now don't hammer us price wise after the 12 months !:)

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Are you putting all caps as the password?

ya , i went to the router settings and changed the password , tried that but no luck as well. i'm looking through old problem pages to see if i can find any solutions, but if anyone in the mean time knows whats up , it would be appreciated :pac:

ya , i went to the router settings and changed the password , tried that but no luck as well. i'm looking through old problem pages to see if i can find any solutions, but if anyone in the mean time knows whats up , it would be appreciated :pac:

Turn wifi on and off - or restart iPhone - although you've probably tried that by now also.
    Any unusual characters in the name or password?

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Turn wifi on and off - or restart iPhone - although you've probably tried that by now also.
    Any unusual characters in the name or password?

have tried that , no luck. the password is just normal letters and numbers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

are u using the password that u changed??

naughto wrote: »
    are u using the password that u changed??

ya

i just turned off the security on the router, iphone connected. i don't what to leave it like this obviously.

the router came with both a password and a pin number. my laptop asked for the pin when connecting, not the password ?!

ya

i just turned off the security on the router, iphone connected. i don't what to leave it like this obviously.

the router came with both a password and a pin number. my laptop asked for the pin when connecting, not the password ?!
    mine asked for the password and not the pin iam using win 7

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    mine asked for the password and not the pin iam using win 7

i'm on vista , was using the default WPA2 security of the router. i have an apple tv which i will try in a bit to see if it will work over wireless, with the security enabled

ya

I had one laptop (vista) ask for the pin and another(xp) ask for password. Put the password into the iphone and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Had a call from sky after the screw up with switching me over without having my hub.
    he admitted that they've had a few cases this time around. The january calls were an afterthought for them. Glad they had that thought:D

Anyway after admitting that a credit of 3 days wasnt much he's gone off to see what he can do for the inconvenience of not being able to access my study notes on the eve of exams.
    I'll know next week.

Speed has fluctuated between 1.5 and 12 in the last 2 days.

PinkFly wrote: »
    When was your activation date?

it was meant to be tuesday 29th jan but i got an email this morning from sky to say my broadband has been activated. still awaiting the phone to switch over though

when i came home from work i reset my eircom adsl modem and it would not connect anymore, so setup and sky hub and back online with better speeds

this sky hub is a nice bit of kit, excellent wifi coverage and easy to use interface

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

You can really just check this yourself. If your on a LLU exchange it's €10 for broadband, if your not it's €20. It's pretty black and white.

How do you go about checking this yourself ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So it seems sky are offering better speeds than eircom.
    I understand everything will still operate from our current exchanges ,I'm just confused as people are saying sky will be on BT's old network.
    Does this mean BT's old gear is housed in the same exchange as eircom?

Dcully wrote: »
    So it seems sky are offering better speeds than eircom.
    I understand everything will still operate from our current exchanges ,I'm just confused as people are saying sky will be on BT's old network.
    Does this mean BT's old gear is housed in the same exchange as eircom?

would it be that there is few people(as in the people on the trial) that are on there exchange so where would be less congestion

No its not that, modem is syncing at higher speed, if there was congestion you would still connect at higher speed but you would be downloading slower

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I've been up and running for 24h.
    Current sync @ DownStream Connection Speed 5115 - UpStream Connection Speed 508
    Was getting 8128 / 8xx with Voda.

Any ideas when they start monitoring the line to increase speeds ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I've been up and running for 24h.
    Current sync @ DownStream Connection Speed 5115 - UpStream Connection Speed 508
    Was getting 8128 / 8xx with Voda.

Any ideas when they start monitoring the line to increase speeds ?
    Thanks
    I'm up since Wednesday. Was told to call over the weekend if no improvement.

Advertisement