Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 midasman

What type of speeds are people getting? I missed out on the trial, have Digiweb at home :(

What's the price to be paid? Is it free line rental for ever?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ordered 15/1
    Estimated date of 30/1
    Activated today 25/1

Syncing @ 7.2 MB mbps down / 0.4 mbps up

From 3mb to 7 mb with no download limit and for less than half the price of eircom, BARGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dcully wrote: »
    Ordered 15/1
    Estimated date of 30/1
    Activated today 25/1
    You had the same order date and estimated date as me, and my Sky Hub arrived this morning (well.. yesterday, but was re-delivered this morning)..

.. did you get an e-mail to say you were activated or did you just give it a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I've been up and running for 24h.
    Current sync @ DownStream Connection Speed 5115 - UpStream Connection Speed 508
    Was getting 8128 / 8xx with Voda.

Any ideas when they start monitoring the line to increase speeds ?
    Thanks

I gave them a call and it looked like my line had a set profile @5Mb.
    My profile will be updated later today

Basq wrote: »
    You had the same order date and estimated date as me, and my Sky Hub arrived this morning (well.. yesterday, but was re-delivered this morning)..

.. did you get an e-mail to say you were activated or did you just give it a shot?

Yes got an email @ 9.23 this morning.
    Almost to the minute my brother got his email yesterday.

OMFG i can now stream 720HD on youtube :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Is there any way to put the router in bridge mode and use a different router? Or are you stuck trying to find the username and password as mentioned previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yes got an email @ 9.23 this morning.
    Almost to the minute my brother got his email yesterday.

OMFG i can now stream 720HD on youtube :)
    Ahh.. I'll wait til I hear so.

I got no email and my activation date is Jan 31. Plugged it in and it's working perfectly. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

Same here, ordered on 15/1, estimated activation date 30/1, received the hub yesterday and just got an email to say that it is now activated. I won't be able to set it up until I get home from work this evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I got no email and my activation date is Jan 31. Plugged it in and it's working perfectly. Worth a try.

I got mine today they said up and running on the 30th should I give it a go

• Advertisement

Best way is to check if your speeds increased on existing package.
    Before i set up my sky i checked speeds im synced at on eircom standard router and i could see they increased.

No harm in trying. If it doesn't work just plug back in the old modem! Exact same speeds as Eircom for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

got my router today.

says end of month for connection switch over. coming from vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

2461334672.png

up from about 65 ping, 6dl, 0.35 upload with Eircom. To get these speeds would have been an extra 10 euro per month, the total cost of the sky broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

i was syn at over 1015 with vodafone but was getting half that.

iam still only getting half with sky is it worth ringing them to see if they do anything.

Did you plug out the sky hub and plug it back in? It might sync at a different speed.

Trampas wrote: »
    got my router today.

says end of month for connection switch over. coming from vodafone
    it usually goes live the nexxt day after u get the hub,i tried mine late that night half 12-1 and it was up and running.
    i aslo had vodafone broadband live on the same line as it hadent being changed over.i loged in to my vodafone account yesterday and its all being switched over now.

Did you plug out the sky hub and plug it back in? It might sync at a different speed.
    ya i did was setting up the dmz on the router for the xbox and it was still syn atthe same speed.

Might be a good time to sample netflix now im up from 3meg to almost 7 meg :)

I am up and running same speed :mad:but for a tenner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Still not activated for me and my date was yesterday. Called them this morning and they couldn't tell me why is wasn't activated just there was a delay and could be up later today or tomorrow.

I knew getting my hub after two days was too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

I saw a few pages back that there was a problem with Vodafone not releasing the BB service for someone and there was a query over potentially getting charged twice (both providers).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Who is the owner of the router sky/us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Carpenter wrote: »
    Who is the owner of the router sky/us

I'm guessing its the same as your Sky Digibox, you own it after 12 month contract is up.

I'm guessing its the same as your Sky Digibox, you own it after 12 month contract is up.

So now I have 2 routers sitting here useless:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Got sky hub two days ago, connected it up this morning (from eircom, eircom bb was still working before I connected sky hub) and everything is working fine, wasn't supposed to be connected til the 30th.

Getting the same speeds, should I expect an increase with sky in coming days? On rural exchange.

aramush wrote: »
    Got sky hub two days ago, connected it up this morning (from eircom, eircom bb was still working before I connected sky hub) and everything is working fine, wasn't supposed to be connected til the 30th.

Getting the same speeds, should I expect an increase with sky in coming days? On rural exchange.

They should have quoted you estimated speeds when you ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I gave them a call and it looked like my line had a set profile @5Mb.
    My profile will be updated later today

Profile got updated

2461467895.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

They should have quoted you estimated speeds when you ordered.

Quoted me 4mb, currently getting 1mb with sky hub, got 1mb with eircom too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Busted21

Hi Guys just wondering when you sign up for the Broadband and talk services or are you guys trialing it for Sky?

im anxious to move from Vodafone to Sky but according to the website there still only registering for interest

looking forward to your feedback

Thanks

Noel

Advertisement