Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks, think a few bottles of Xtra Hot & Chilli & Lime will be ordered :D

Edit: Nine bottles ordered in total :) Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jason16

Slunk wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from amazon. How well are they packed. Glass bottles dont tend to travel well

Just placed an order myself (Tried a few stores and gave up). Amazon always ships extremely well and I have never had glass break in the past.

Can't go wrong with free shipping - although I'm hoping I see them in Dunnes under special offer to stock up but this sorts me out in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

If anyone has access to a Musgraves card, they are doing the 3.78 litre bottle for €14.95 :eek: I do not know if VAT would be added though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

If anyone has access to a Musgraves card, they are doing the 3.78 litre bottle for €14.95 :eek: I do not know if VAT would be added though?

Also in Musgraves is the 3.75ltr bottle of Louisiana hot sauce for €8.99 - I actually prefer it to Franks ...

getimage.php?folder=product&timage=c5f9-02101c2tn.jpg&size=thumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Folks, forgive my ignorance but what is 'Musgraves'? Is it a Cash n Carry or a supermarket? I'm from Wexford and I'm not familiar with them at all.

Thanks

Edit - Ignore - Found 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

I adore the Franks wing sauce, was looking for a recipe online to make it from scratch but they all seem to have franks hotsauce as the main ingredient! About two weeks ago i put on some microwave popcorn, when i was putting it in the bowl there was a bottle of the wing sauce beside, i just had to experiment! Trust me it worked fantastically well and i've done it a good few times since.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

Frank's is on offer in Dunnes from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mndgz wrote: »
    Any idea how much, last time I saw it in dunnes it was very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

rubadub wrote: »
    Any idea how much, last time I saw it in dunnes it was very expensive.

It's 33% off, can't remember the exact price

Franks is showing up in a tescos search, listed as "new". I have never seen it in my local tesco. When you log on it detects your local store as the website is really intended as a delivery service, so it may only be in a few.

Franks Red Hot Pepper Sauce Original 354Ml €3.99

Now I see it I think this is the price I think it was in dunnes too. So 33% off would be €2.67, while it was €2 in dunnes before. Still reasonable enough if it is that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

mndgz wrote: »

Cheers for that, ill bulk buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its €3.15 in Super Valu and always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In my local Spar the Original is €3.69 and the Wings sauce is €3.99

Tesco in maynooth definitely have had Franks in the past.

Cheers for the Dunnes news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

anyone gto a good recipe for a coating for wings ?
    I normally oven cook them and then douse 'em in Franks.

I'd love a coating that would work in the oven though as I don't have a deep-fat fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Easy
    Boil them for about 30 minutes
    Let them cool and put the sauce over them and let them marinade for a few hours
    Put them in the oven for 20 minutes
    Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seasoned flour. Then onto a wire rack and into the fridge (uncovered) for about an hour. Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Easy
    Yum yum

Hmmm this could be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Can confirm its €2 atm in Dunnes, well stocked up on my Franks fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Never could get the hot wings to taste quite right but I love Franks on everything else, even in my sambos for college.

Easy
    Yum yum
    There is a long thread on cooking them, most people, including the franks recipe on the bottle, do not call for them to me marinated with it at all. You cook the wings and put the sauce on after. And you make up the sauce with butter do not just lash it on neat.

I think many do not make it up with butter, even though the recipe/instructions are right there on the bottle, and then they bad mouth it. It'd be like me saying I hate chicken, always get a rotten stomach off it, and neglecting to mention I never cooked it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

rubadub wrote: »
    There is a long thread on cooking them, most people, including the franks recipe on the bottle, do not call for them to me marinated with it at all. You cook the wings and put the sauce on after. And you make up the sauce with butter do not just lash it on neat.

I think many do not make it up with butter, even though the recipe/instructions are right there on the bottle, and then they bad mouth it. It'd be like me saying I hate chicken, always get a rotten stomach off it, and neglecting to mention I never cooked it!

Im not saying thats what everyone should do
    Its what i do and it works for me

The problem with marinading them in the sauce and then baking them is that you loose the sharpness of vinegar as it evaporates.
    Same thing happens if you leave the sauce/butter mix heating in a saucepan for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Depending on what I'm in the mood for, I'll bake them with sauce on, for a bit of heat, but no tang, or just dip the wings into the sauce and nom them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

was in dunnes & they now havw half size bottle of franks. In amoungst them I found 1 Franks Xtra hot sauce!!
    It wouldn't scan at till or read the barcode manually, so they just scanned a regular franks hot sauce.
    Wonder was it a sample bottle left by the rep in error??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

hey, anyone know where to get franks sauce now? or where it might be on special? just tried super valu and dunnes-they looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked them about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It's in most places these days. Don't think tesco stock it but dunnes do.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I was looking for it in Tesco a few days ago, they only had the 148ml size, I hope they're not phasing them out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hopefullly not.

I notice Dominos Pizza now offer Buffalo Wings with "Franks Red hot Sauce" so they look to be expanding somwehat in Ireland

Dodge wrote: »
    I notice Dominos Pizza now offer Buffalo Wings with "Franks Red hot Sauce"
    Which aren't great tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

kenobiwan wrote: »
    hey, anyone know where to get franks sauce now? or where it might be on special? just tried super valu and dunnes-they looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked them about it!

It was still on special (€2) in Dunnes last time I saw it about 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement