Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Had great plans for the few days off but only work done is carpet farming!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

ABlur wrote: »
    Had great plans for the few days off but only work done is carpet farming!

Traffability looks good :-) where did you get the massey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Milton09 wrote: »

Traffability looks good :-) where did you get the massey?
    It could do with a wash.

td5man wrote: »
    It could do with a wash.

Thats what my son says! Expect to see it the sink with washup liquid!
    Santa shopped in Smyths toys, its a Siku model comes with Ifor williams box and 2 norweigan reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

ABlur wrote: »

Thats what my son says! Expect to see it the sink with washup liquid!
    Santa shopped in Smyths toys, its a Siku model comes with Ifor williams box and 2 norweigan reds.
    Siku make nice tractors but their cows leave a bit to be desired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Like the henley stove insert ? How do like it

red bull wrote: »
    Like the henley stove insert ? How do like it

Its a Mulberry Stoker model. Great yoke probably a bit small for average sized logs. Saving bigtime with gas heati.g bills. Cleaning of chimney is a bit of a pain as its not flue lined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Grecco wrote: »
    2012+-+1

Busy Christmas Day, but I aint complaining :D

Looks a nice one Grecco ;) .
    A Blue or Charlaois ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

windows went in today, just waiting on roofers to get ridge tiles on and replace slates which are stained with lead which they didn't paint. Pity i'm not going to be in for lambing..

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

windows went in today, just waiting on roofers to get ridge tiles on and replace slates which are stained with lead which they didn't paint. Pity i'm not going to be in for lambing..

Nice house,looks like you'll have great views from there. What plaster finish are you putting on I just notice your chimney arnt done yet. Hard to get weather for plastering this time of year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Fine house , you will have a bit of covering to do when the chimneys are getting plastered if you want to keep them slates clean though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I know that house. been up that way a few times. get the chimneys plastered before you change the slates. The efflourescents on the slates can be removed on some of the brands with a cloth dampened in petrol. dont smoke when your doing it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭dealerman

:D new creep gates for calves patent pending

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

dealerman wrote: »
    :D new creep gates for calves patent pending

BIC razor job that .... use it a few times and throw it away.... !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

1chippy wrote: »
    I know that house. been up that way a few times.

Hi 1chippy, what brings you up this way can i ask?? We don't get many monaghan men here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭The Real Elmer Fudd

Two 29 month old heifers out wintered on silage only. Both in calf to dovea Mbp, the ch heifer is due mid feb but the sim isn't due until end of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

aaahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

aaahhhhh

No it goes like this. Awwwwwww!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Conor556 wrote: »
    No it goes like this. Awwwwwww!!

In my head it goes aaahhhhhh, how will I home all the hoors.

In my head it goes aaahhhhhh, how will I home all the hoors.

I think he is right because it would be -
    aaahhh for F... S...,
    whereas it would be -
    aaawww thats lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

aaahhhhh

How come I cant see this Pic? Is it just me or what? If I guess right do I get a prize?

(A bitch with a litter of pups?)

us poor posters down here in the boglands of the south are going to give you guys up the country with your fancy pictures of lush grass and lovely grazing conditions last year a run for your money this year:D:D

there is currently good growth:eek:, as the cattle came of this field only 2 weeks ago and there are still a couple of lame guys in it. If we were still allowed to spread N as we choose, I would have given it a bag on xmas week! we had poorer growth during the summer. will get N if we can travel in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Shorthorn calf by LYJ out of a LM heifer by OMA. 1hr old.

20130102083249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

just do it wrote: »

Nice. Bull or heifer? They make lovely quiet cows. Going to give one or two to ours this year in the hope of getting a replacement. I think I mentioned this before but we have one that has kept first time, every time, to the AI and she is on her 8th calf. First to calf every year, quiet as a mouse, nice bag of milk and ad R3/U3 calf every year.

just do it wrote: »
    Seaba wrote: »
    Nice. Bull or heifer? They make lovely quiet cows. Going to give one or two to ours this year in the hope of getting a replacement. I think I mentioned this before but we have one that has kept first time, every time, to the AI and she is on her 8th calf. First to calf every year, quiet as a mouse, nice bag of milk and ad R3/U3 calf every year.

That's good to hear. She's a heifer calf which is what I wanted. The mother has 83% LM in her breeding according to ICBF so that is why I bred a few of my springers to SH last spring. They make great cows and I hope this one is as good as your one above :).

The springer is 25months old and as quiet as a lamb. I've saved her eurostar report so it will interesting to see how it changes over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

Two 29 month old heifers out wintered on silage only. Both in calf to dovea Mbp, the ch heifer is due mid feb but the sim isn't due until end of march.

have you used mbp on heifers before? i'd have thought him a bit strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭The Real Elmer Fudd

"have you used mbp on heifers before? i'd have thought him a bit strong?"

Ye i had heifers calve down at 24 months to him in spring 2012. When I AI'd them in 2011 MBP's easy of calving figures where lower than they are now. I only had one tight pull with them and was happy with the claves so used him again. i put up a couple of pic's of the calves on page 192 of this thread.

I had intended calving these to dolls in 2012 but it was very late in 2011 when they started to look the bull which would have left them calving very late in 2012 so i decided to let them run on and calve in spring 2013. I ran them with their comrades who had calves on them in 2012 and it is interesting to note that the heifers who reared calves in 2012 while they obviously have slightly less condition on them have grown to the same size as the heifers which will now be calving at 30 months instead of 24 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Posted way back in may a door I was making, decided to galvanise it which meant fabricating it 100% right before fitting. Got it finished over christmas.....

hayloft37.jpg
    hayloft38.jpg
    hayloft39.jpg

JohnBoy wrote: »
    Posted way back in may a door I was making, decided to galvanise it which meant fabricating it 100% right before fitting. Got it finished over christmas.....

Nice job johnboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

will get N if we can travel in 2 weeks

Me too, Bob. If it stays dry, I'll spread mid-Jan, out mid-Feb:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement