Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

moy83 wrote: »
    Jeez thats a great price , whats the longest they make them and where did you get them ? If you had the time to build stone pillars to hang them from they would look even better I think .

Thats what I was going to do originally but I am a bit stuck for time because the work has to be all done by the 4th of January and thats getting dangerously close now. A fellow in Boston made them, it wouldnt be too far from Gort and he will make them to whatever spec you want. If you want to know any more I can send you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Thats what I was going to do originally but I am a bit stuck for time because the work has to be all done by the 4th of January and thats getting dangerously close now. A fellow in Boston made them, it wouldnt be too far from Gort and he will make them to whatever spec you want. If you want to know any more I can send you a pm.

you might pm me his details red, lovely gate, i have an old rusty version, didnt think you could get them anymore without alot of hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Do PM his number I might get two in the new year , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

all sorts of ways to sort the trough using some decent sized timber as a crowbar.

Lovin the gate, only thing is it looks narrow. would you still get the grant on a double gate?

I've gone to the extreme on a new entrance, 28 feet wide, it's probably madness, but it's a narrow road, only 22 feet between the ditches, about 16 foot of tarmac and gear just keeps getting bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

PM me too please very impressed with gates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Redzer,
    Are the gates galvanised? You might PM me too. Fine job. Yer man wont know where all the extra business is coming from. I love the double gate version with cut stone on the sides.
    8771086.jpg?766

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

They are nice alright, there's a few lads still making them around here. Some weight in them compared to a normal gate.

I dont really need to move it vander, I had the gravel levelled and all but I didnt think your man would have as much trouble trying to put it in. I will have a go with the tractor tomorrow, If it would lift it an inch one side at a time it would be enough.
    A track machine? A good lad on one would tell you quick time the best way to move it. If you've a bit of gravel to level as well it could make it worth your while getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mantua

Did ya buy the trailer privately or off a dealer redser??? very clean looking trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

One of the tractors used to shunt the finished Cultivators and Air seeders around after they are built.
    More pics to come

20121217_113657.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Picture of a couple of calves we have on the farm, they are calves from the first few sucklers that we ever kept on the farm.

The two RHF calves are heifers and are about 6 weeks olds out of CHx heifers, both calved unassisted. The BZB calf on the left is a bull the other calf is a heifer, they are both about a month about of LMx heifers.

The calves are sucking the cows twice a day, I welded up a barrier which ties over to the gate in the calf shed. The cows are lieing in matted cubicles and I let them out to the yard in the morning and evening, the calves run out under the barrier and after about 20 minutes, when they are full, they go back into the bedded shed and lie down and then I shut the cows back into the cubicle shed...working well enough so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Picture of a couple of calves we have on the farm, they are calves from the first few sucklers that we ever kept on the farm.

The two RHF calves are heifers and are about 6 weeks olds out of CHx heifers, both calved unassisted. The BZB calf on the left is a bull the other calf is a heifer, they are both about a month about of LMx heifers.

The calves are sucking the cows twice a day, I welded up a barrier which ties over to the gate in the calf shed. The cows are lieing in matted cubicles and I let them out to the yard in the morning and evening, the calves run out under the barrier and after about 20 minutes, when they are full, they go back into the bedded shed and lie down and then I shut the cows back into the cubicle shed...working well enough so far.
    Nice calves there. Any chance of a pic of the set up you've described for the calves

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Buncha Fives

Ye; no problem although it will be later in the week because I am working away from home for a few days and it is too dark when I get home to take a photo.

Its a very simple set-up I actually wouldn't have believed it would work so well only I seen a similar set-up in another farmers yard. Although its not my best bit of work, I got my measurements a bit wrong originally and I had to make an alteration to it which made it look a bit clotty!!
    just do it wrote: »
    Nice calves there. Any chance of a pic of the set up you've described for the calves

you might pm me his details red, lovely gate, i have an old rusty version, didnt think you could get them anymore without alot of hassle
    red bull wrote: »
    PM me too please very impressed with gates
    Pm's sent to you all.
    JohnBoy wrote: »
    all sorts of ways to sort the trough using some decent sized timber as a crowbar.

Lovin the gate, only thing is it looks narrow. would you still get the grant on a double gate?

I've gone to the extreme on a new entrance, 28 feet wide, it's probably madness, but it's a narrow road, only 22 feet between the ditches, about 16 foot of tarmac and gear just keeps getting bigger.
    Its a ten foot, Its not a place I would need to be bringing machinery in and out of so its alright for the job, I could have got bigger ones but didnt really see the need for them to be honest.
    pakalasa wrote: »
    Redzer,
    Are the gates galvanised? You might PM me too. Fine job. Yer man wont know where all the extra business is coming from. I love the double gate version with cut stone on the sides.
    8771086.jpg?766
    Ya they are galvanised alright Pak...tell him who sent ye.....He might give me a good cut next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Pm's sent to you all.

Its a ten foot, Its not a place I would need to be bringing machinery in and out of so its alright for the job, I could have got bigger ones but didnt really see the need for them to be honest.

Ya they are galvanised alright Pak...tell him who sent ye.....He might give me a good cut next year :D
    Are they welded or rivetted together i have a place for 2 of them

td5man wrote: »
    Are they welded or rivetted together i have a place for 2 of them

Welded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Dad bought this calf back in sepember to stick on a cow that had enough milk for two calves. the little so and so is currently drinking SEVEN cows. She looks it too. she is as wide as a bus :D. Its going to be some craic trying to wean her!

IMG_0615.JPGIMG_0616.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

My girlfriend sent me a Xmas list this year.. i just emailed her back this picture as all i want.. love this heifer.. powerful genetics in cavan bred and sold her and have embryos for sale.. some calf!

DA50AC91.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Bodacious wrote: »
    My girlfriend sent me a Xmas list this year.. i just emailed her back this picture as all i want.. love this heifer.. powerful genetics in cavan bred and sold her and have embryos for sale.. some calf!

Super super looking heifer. I'd love to be looking out at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Bizzum wrote: »
    Super super looking heifer. I'd love to be looking out at her.

me too I'll buy a PB heifer yet just in no rush until i get one that i want and not crazy money, could only be lim or ch as id shift calves out of them alot easier in my area, less of a market for a PBNR or a PBR say blonde or sim

this lady is your neck of the woods, no? sold to co. clare now

this lady is your neck of the woods, no? sold to co. clare now

Are you suggesting I'm a Cavan man??????????????

How very dare you:D

Signed: BIFFO:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

DA50AC91.jpg

if she gets it for you id marry her on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

naughto wrote: »

if she gets it for you id marry her on the spot
    If she has a herd of them and land to carry them id marry her

Here's the flagship model we build here and a pic of me to add some scale
    The 7950 Airseeder this bad boy will hold 7363 gallons of seed and fertilizer.
    This is generally coupled to a cultivator that can be anything up to 86 feet wide.
    I'll grab a pic next time one is in the quality assurance bay

20121220_084902.jpg

20121220_084731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

The 7950 Airseeder this bad boy will hold 7363 gallons of seed and fertilizer.
    This is generally coupled to a cultivator that can be anything up to 86 feet wide.
    I'll grab a pic next time one is in the quality assurance bay

Thanks for those, any chance of a demo? how things in the new job?

Thanks for those, any chance of a demo? how things in the new job?

I'll be out in the spring seeing them in action will get some pictures and videos then hopefully.
    I'll ask if thjey can get a demo unit over to you!
    So far so good, lots to learn and learning my way around thing here it's a huge factory. Bit of s steep learning curve so far but very enjoyable!

They are looking for welders and industrial painters at present if anyone fancies a change of country!

20121220_084731.jpg

Are you a Hobbit or is it really THAT big?:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Are you a Hobbit or is it really THAT big?:D

I'm five foot ten in me socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I'm five foot ten in me socks
    That's some machine alright. How do you find Canada? Starting to get Cold now?

Its been cold since the start of November really.
    We got down to -32 for a bit but are back between -16 and -22 or so now.
    Have had a fair bit of snow so far but it snow even when it is not snowing due to windy and flat nature of Saskatchewan, but I don't really notice the cold any more not really an issue once you dress properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Makes you think about 2 years ago... pissin and moaning when we got a few weeks of -15!! :D:D:D That's a cool autumn day over there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement