Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Healy, Best, Ross, Ryan, McCarthy, POM, SOB, Heaslip;
    Murray, Sexton, Zebo, McSharry, Earls, Gilroy, R Kearney

Bench: Strauss, Kilcoyne, Bent, Tuohy, Henry, Marshall, Jackson, Trimble

If RK is unfit then move Zebo to 15 and put Trimble at 11, with McFadden on the bench.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Jaysus, that's a lovely looking (and young) backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

If RK is unfit then move Zebo to 15 and put Trimble at 11, with McFadden on the bench.

Where's BOD?

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Where's BOD?

Is he back fit?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's a lovely looking (and young) backline.

8423a134_Mr-bean-Rowan-Atkinson.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Is he back fit?

He's back training anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Not really how POM should get picked over Henry and not sure hown McSharry would jump so many places either. Earls just doesn't convince me, especially since he has gone past the developing stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Fooker wrote: »

Not really how POM should get picked over Henry and not sure hown McSharry would jump so many places either. Earls just doesn't convince me, especially since he has gone past the developing stage..

Well McSharry is the form 12 in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

dont see how you could drop Henry at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Healy
    Best
    Ross
    McCarthy
    Ryan
    O'Brien
    Henry
    Heaslip
    Murray
    Sexton
    Zebo
    Darcy
    BOD
    Gilroy
    Kearney

Cronin
    Court
    Bent
    Henderson
    O'Mahoney
    Marshall
    Jackson
    McFadden

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭Banbridgeman2

Kidney gone. Confirmed off the recod to me by someone very high up at one of provinces at a charity gig this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Kidney gone. Confirmed off the recod to me by someone very high up at one of provinces at a charity gig this afternoon

I'm sure if Kidney was being sacked they wouldn't be as unprofessional as to be telling people on the sly at a charity event

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

That's a pretty piss poor midfield for international standard imo... Which is more my opinion of where were at as a team right now rather than a dismissal of McSharry and Earls

Also i really think Henry deserves to start ahead of POM. I'd have SOB at 6 with Henry at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    That's a pretty piss poor midfield for international standard...

Also i really think Henry deserves to start ahead of POM. I'd have SOB at 6 with Henry at 7.

That's very dismissive of McSharry's performances this year. He's been excellent. Also, Earls isn't that bad at 13. He seems to be the only way Munster offer any midfield threat atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Deano7788 wrote: »
    That's very dismissive of McSharry's performances this year. He's been excellent. Also, Earls isn't that bad at 13. He seems to be the only way Munster offer any midfield threat atm.

Edited my post a bit to clarify my views. McSharry has played well but he's not international standard IMO. Also no matter much Earls and Kindey may believe it, Earls is not a natural 13. It annoys me the way Earls was pushed into midfield after he complained about wanting to play there. The fact that he played 12 against NZ is case and point for me. He's doesn't have the passing game or the creativity (with regards to creating for others) to be a top international 13.
    The team has never played as well with him at 13 as with him on the wing (although that does coincide with BOD playing).

I'd personally prefer to see Marshall at 12. I know McSharry has started more games this season but he has been inconsistent and i do believe Marshall would make the players around him better due to his creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Henry's the form back row in Ireland atm. Wouldn't drop him for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'd find it very hard to believe that the conservative IRFU would drop the coach directly before the 6 Nations, the most important rugby tournament in their opinion.

I also find it hard to believe that someone in one of the provinces would be passing that info around so freely.

I'd well believe that Kidney has no future with the Irish side and that the decision has pretty much been made for all intents and purposes. There'll be no actions from any of it until after the 6 Nations at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'd find it very hard to believe that the conservative IRFU would drop the coach directly before the 6 Nations, the most important rugby tournament in their opinion.

I also find it hard to believe that someone in one of the provinces would be passing that info around so freely.

I'd well believe that Kidney has no future with the Irish side and that the decision has pretty much been made for all intents and purposes. There'll be no actions from any of it until after the 6 Nations at best.

I agree but in a perfect world he would go before he 6 nations. Means that if we do well he might be kept on. Catch 22 situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭val_jester

molloyjh wrote: »

I would take that what he is saying is that Kidney's contract won't be renewed after it runs out at the end of the Six Nations, which I think most people already knew.

On the team itself for the Six Nations, everyone knows it will be the same as we have had for the last while depending on injuries. If Bod, Poc, Ferris and Kearney play any time at all before the Six Nations they will come back into the side.

McSharry won't be involved, he is behind Darcy, Marshall and a BOD/Earls combo in the eyes of the coaches.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I agree but in a perfect world he would go before he 6 nations. Means that if we do well he might be kept on. Catch 22 situation.

I'm sorry but Kidney going before the Six Nations would not be a perfect world situation. If we go out and play like we did against Argentina in every match of the Six Nations, I think most people would be happy. If Kidney goes before the Six Nations who do we get to replace him, it is not a good time to be looking for a coach, as can be seen by Scotland announcing an interim coach for the Six Nations, we don't want to be in that position as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

val_jester wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Kidney going before the Six Nations would not be a perfect world situation. If we go out and play like we did against Argentina in every match of the Six Nations, I think most people would be happy. If Kidney goes before the Six Nations who do we get to replace him, it is not a good time to be looking for a coach, as can be seen by Scotland announcing an interim coach for the Six Nations, we don't want to be in that position as well.

I'm talking long term though....I'm all for us having a good 6 nations, but if that means a new contract for Kidney i'm not sure it would be worth it.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I'm talking long term though....I'm all for us having a good 6 nations, but if that means a new contract for Kidney i'm not sure it would be worth it.

I don't think he will get his contract renewed unless we win a Grand Slam playing the type of rugby we showed we can play against, an admittedly tired, Argentina. Even then, I'm not sure whether it would be renewed, I think it is safe to say he will be gone by march.

Fishooks13 wrote: »

I'm sure if Kidney was being sacked they wouldn't be as unprofessional as to be telling people on the sly at a charity event
    Not sacked they're not renewing

Boozy lunch so should have worded it better but no matter what happens 6N he's gone

Boozy lunch so should have worded it better but no matter what happens 6N he's gone

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

After last night's game I think we might be in serious do do up front. If Healy and Bent can't handle Afoa, they'll be destroyed by the French and English front rows. =S

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

dtpc191991 wrote: »
    After last night's game I think we might be in serious do do up front. If Healy and Bent can't handle Afoa, they'll be destroyed by the French and English front rows. =S

I think it was a good reminder that Tom Court is actually a good player on the loosehead side.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think it was a good reminder that Tom Court is actually a good player on the loosehead side.

Indeed. I'm not worried about him starting, if he's in better form than Healy come February. My fear is who is going to start at tighthead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

CatFromHue wrote: »
    yeah, he's always been pretty good on the loosehead side. it's really unfortunate for him that he's remembered most for playing out of position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

dtpc191991 wrote: »
    Indeed. I'm not worried about him starting, if he's in better form than Healy come February. My fear is who is going to start at tighthead?

Considering all the bad press Ross is getting wouldnt out it past bent to start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement