Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Defence must be feeling desperate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/government-opts-for-abortion-legislation-and-regulations-3331201.html
    THE Cabinet has decided to bring in legislation and regulations on abortion.

The meeting just finished at lunchtime and the Government has chosen the option from the expert group on abortion report.

The coalition will now proceed to draft the new laws.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Is there a particular sauce you do to accompany that?
    I'm all about the sauces me.

A red wine Placenta reduction, what else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Morag wrote: »

While it was clearly the only logical conclusion, I'm amazed that our powers that be came to it.

I wouldn't go that far, they will still try and narrow it as much as possible and cases of rape, incest and fatal fetal abnormalities won't be covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can't wait to see what Youth Defence and its flying monkeys do in reaction to that news. I bet it will be vile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sarky wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what Youth Defence and it's flying monkeys do in reaction to that news. I bet it will be vile.
    Did I mention that Popette started discussing "baby-killers" over dinner chez moi some weeks back, with Snowflake sitting beside me, eyebrows rising every second?

Looks like it could be a long Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Paging John Waters, John Waters to the internetz, pls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »
    Did I mention that Popette started discussing "baby-killers" over dinner chez moi some weeks back, with Snowflake sitting beside me, eyebrows rising every second?

Looks like it could be a long Christmas.

*whispers* Betcha ya sometimes wish ya had a semi-automatic...with silencer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

they will still try and narrow it as much as possible and cases of rape, incest and fatal fetal abnormalities won't be covered.

I'll be more than pissed off if that turns out to be true.

• Advertisement

Oh noooo - that would completely overpower the delicate flavour.

I would recommend a sauteed fetus scallopini with lemon sauce.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Morag wrote:
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I would recommend a sauteed fetus scallopini with lemon sauce.

Well now I'm just conflicted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

This is good news obviously, but we are still miles away from the end goal.

Cant wait to see what YD think. Such a shame I cant comment on their page anymore.

Actually they will probably just try and spin it that its not really abortion. Its just saving the life of the mother, by killing ta baaaaaaby

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'll be more than pissed off if that turns out to be true.

The remit of the X case and the EU Court of human rights rulings on the ABC cases is all they will do as that was only the expert groups remit.

It's a start. The thin end of the wedge, as I'm sure the nutters will say, before claiming that it'll lead to bestiality, legalised murder, polygamy and decline of birthrates because everyone chooses to be gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Did Kenny say adoption instead of abortion in that video?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

*whispers* Betcha ya sometimes wish ya had a semi-automatic...with silencer.
    A silencer on its own -- if it would work -- would be just fine.

robindch wrote: »
    A silencer on its own -- if it would work -- would be just fine.

duct-tape.jpg ?

Is there anything duct tape can't do?

Is there anything duct tape can't do?

Help my shortass self reach the top cupboard. :mad:

Need that other indispensable item for that

milk-crate_~INGPCYHE0029.jpg

• Advertisement

duct-tape.jpg ?

In Fairness would you want to get close enough to any of the YD/prolife/Christian solidarity party to use it on them?
    Cos that would mean touching them.

Hey, some people like feeling dirty...

In Fairness would you want to get close enough to any of the YD/prolife/Christian solidarity party to use it on them?
    Cos that would mean touching them.

canstock10373293.jpg

;)

There's not enough wire brushes and dettol in the word......

Always knew you were a worse perv then me Sarky!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bristolian

The process for introducing abortion is the same here as in every other country that has introduced abortion through the back door 1. Find an emotional case 2. Hype it up to the last 3. Introduce limited abortion 4. Open the floodgates.

The following quote is from Norma Mc Corvey the famous "Jane Roe" who brought a case which eventually legalised abortion in the U.S.A.:
    "I had to face up to the awful reality. Abortion wasn't about 'products of conception'. It wasn't about 'missed periods'. It was about children being killed in their mother's wombs. All those years I was wrong. Signing that affidavit, I was wrong. Working in an abortion clinic, I was wrong. No more of this first trimester, second trimester, third trimester stuff. Abortion — at any point — was wrong. It was so clear. Painfully clear"

So it was painfully clear after a while to the woman who opened the floodgates. She regretted her actions and eventually became a Roman Catholic. In 2005 she petitioned the high court to overturn the 1973 ruling in the light of all the evidence that has come to light about the harm the procedure does to women. But of course the petition was denied.

We were a shining light to the world in our care for life. Today we have regressed and stepped back into the dark ages of barbarism and cruelty were killing people is put forward as a solution to our problems.

By the way I don't agree with many Youth Defence tactics such as displaying pictures of mangled babies. That shows a lack of respect for life too.

Well that's not a carbon copy of an Independent comment that I replied to about 20 minutes ago.

Well that's not a carbon copy of an Independent comment that I replied to about 20 minutes ago.

I tried to look - but the tone of many of the comments was making me feel ill and vomiting just after eating chowder is...not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The remit of the X case and the EU Court of human rights rulings on the ABC cases is all they will do as that was only the expert groups remit.

In fairness that's all they can do without repealing the 8th amendment.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »
    In fairness that's all they can do without repealing the 8th amendment.

The sooner there is a move to repeal the 8th the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

New Youth Defence slogan:

Here's an ultrasound of a featus with a Santa hat on its head. Your argument is invalid.

Advertisement