Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Scar001 wrote: »
    Would be happy to get any ticket, but any views on being in the stand versus being on the pitch in Thomond. Go regularily for the rugby, but never been to a concert. Assume better views in the stand but atmosphere might not be as good??

Guess it would come down to whether you prefer to be able to sit back and let the experience wash over you or whether you want to be in with the bustle of the crowd and going with the sway of the crowd.

Personally I will be trying for the standing ticket rather than the Stand ticket as Springsteen, for me, is a be in the crowd type act. Lots of banter with the crowd and lots of singing along.

But if I was going to an act that had an amazing visual show, I think I might prefer the option of being able to watch it all unfold before me as I sat in the Stand.

Another thing that some might need to take into account is the fact that Springsteen normally plays for longer than a lot of other acts, so if being on your feet for two to three hours (possibly more) is an issue, then a ticket for the stand makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nlpete

Hi all

I'm trying to find out if I can buy tickets for cash for the gig Thomond.

Will I be able to get them on thursday morning on o'connell st. is it ticket master or other?

Need two seated..prezzy for Mam, she's a big fan but dont think she'd like standing for three hours at her age.

No credit card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You'll be able to get tickets at any ticketmaster outlet, http://www.ticketmaster.ie/etc/ I wouldn't think you'll be able to get them at Thomond Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Anybody know the limit for tickets you can buy on Thursday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

out of cork, limerick & belfast which would be the best/safest place to go see bruce? lm going on my own :/ (none of my friends are into him)

l wanna que the day before too to get to the front also, so l guess that camping over night :/ can anyone suggest anything??

l only know cork city. Its sounds as if most people are going to limerick. which gig do ye think would be the best? :?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Anybody know the limit for tickets you can buy on Thursday?

usually its 6 per person, l think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

out of cork, limerick & belfast which would be the best/safest place to go see bruce? lm going on my own :/ (none of my friends are into him)

l wanna que the day before too to get to the front also, so l guess that camping over night :/ can anyone suggest anything??

l only know cork city. Its sounds as if most people are going to limerick. which gig do ye think would be the best? :?

The Cork gig will have the far bigger crowd (should be in the region of twice as many as will be at the Limerick gig) and should be a louder gig crowdwise as a result. If you know Cork the best of the three cities, then it would make more sense to go to the gig there, but would have no problem saying Thomond Park is a good venue also.

As for the safety issue, I would have no qualms about going to a major gig on my own in any of the three venues, but as I currently live in Limerick and have spent time living in both Belfast and Cork they are all pretty familar to me so I would not have the issue of being in an unfamilar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mc3

phog wrote: »
    Independent Republic - log on to Ticketmaster.cork :D
    :pLike your style!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Tickets got in pre-sale

Roll on July

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Tickets got! Whoop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Scar001

Got tickets.
    Looked like a free for all.
    Don't see how it was restricted to MRSC members in any way??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Anyone got a link or code for pre sale?Want to try get the dad a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Was thinking the same.
    Seemed there was nothing to stop you buying 4. Then another family member going back in and buying another 4 on a different ticketmaster account.
    Unless the link that was sent was unique to every ticket holder (seems unlikely).

Got 4 anyway so won't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭georgem25

Pre sale tickets sold out!! :(

Sold out already??
    Poor organisation to be honest. For the life of me, I cannot understand why max tickets was not 2. You should have been entitled to buy tickets for your seats.
    Also 900 allocation that was mentioned here is disapointing. Surely 1500/2000 at a minimum would have be a fairer number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Got Mine dismorning at 10.01 Thank God!!! Baby we where born to rrrrrrruuuuuuuuunnnnnnn woohoo haha

• Registered Users Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭phog

I got 4 at around 10. Standing only, there didn't seem to be any stand tickets on sale.

Need two for my sister and cant get them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭phog

Volvic12 wrote: »
    Sold out already??

Just got two now @ 11.18, so keep trying

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800497DA6BF4FE1?did=season

Chanced this link and it took my order for 2 standing at 11.34am so maybe try it guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sold out quick, even staff got the link.
    disappointed :c
    into empire tonight it is then!

• Advertisement

I just got 2 on that link keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Got 4 tickets, wasn't asked for my MRSC credentials at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There is a chance that they will go through who has bought the tickets and any that don't match up with supporters club membership will be cancelled. This has happened before. I was able to chose up to 10 tickets through a link e-mailed to me for a heineken cup semifinal match so bought the 10 for family and friends. I got an e-mail a day or two later to say my allocation should have only been two so the other 8 tickets were cancelled. They were right to cancel the 8 as my allocation should only have been two but I didn't realise when the option for 10 was there.

If you are not a MRSC member or 10 year ticket holder don't be surprised if your tickets get cancelled. It may not happen but the supporters club are aware that the general public have used the link so may go through who ordered.

Jofspring wrote: »
    There is a chance that they will go through who has bought the tickets and any that don't match up with supporters club membership will be cancelled. This has happened before. I was able to chose up to 10 tickets through a link e-mailed to me for a heineken cup semifinal match so bought the 10 for family and friends. I got an e-mail a day or two later to say my allocation should have only been two so the other 8 tickets were cancelled. They were right to cancel the 8 as my allocation should only have been two but I didn't realise when the option for 10 was there.

If you are not a MRSC member or 10 year ticket holder don't be surprised if your tickets get cancelled. It may not happen but the supporters club are aware that the general public have used the link so may go through who ordered.

Would be very surprised to see how they would sort the above out. For example. My dad is a ten year ticket holder. We have two tickets to share in the family. When it comes to ticketmaster, he does not know the first thing about buying online. He asked me to purchase him 4 tickets - sent me on link aswell as MRSC username & password. I paid for it on my credit card and was not asked for MRSC username & password.
    As far as I'm concerned, the tickets have been rightfully purchased as we are members but his name is on the 10 year tickets. THere would be major major hassle if they tried to take tickets off people

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Will be interesting to see what happens, I just got email confirmation of payment / allocation of two tickets using a different link. Seem to have gone through without problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got 4 standing tickets this morning, I could have gotten 4 seated tickets but they seemed to be miles back from the stage so I didn't bother, happy out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would be very surprised to see how they would sort the above out. For example. My dad is a ten year ticket holder. We have two tickets to share in the family. When it comes to ticketmaster, he does not know the first thing about buying online. He asked me to purchase him 4 tickets - sent me on link aswell as MRSC username & password. I paid for it on my credit card and was not asked for MRSC username & password.
    As far as I'm concerned, the tickets have been rightfully purchased as we are members but his name is on the 10 year tickets. THere would be major major hassle if they tried to take tickets off people

This could be very messy to be honest. A lot of supporters club members seem to have missed out on tickets because other people used the link to buy tickets. The ten year and mrsc e-mails both specified the pre-sale was just for them as loyal members.

I got 4 myself but I know I would have been fuming if I missed out on tickets because some random person got the link from a friend in the supporters club.

Jofspring wrote: »
    This could be very messy to be honest. A lot of supporters club members seem to have missed out on tickets because other people used the link to buy tickets. The ten year and mrsc e-mails both specified the pre-sale was just for them as loyal members.

I got 4 myself but I know I would have been fuming if I missed out on tickets because some random person got the link from a friend in the supporters club.

100% agree with you. That's why I was very surprised that your MRSC username or password was not required when purchasing tickets. Didn't make sense. Will get very messy though if they try and decipher who is and who isn't entitled to tickets.
    Not fair on MRSC members who were not able to access tickets and random members of the public could.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

100% agree with you. That's why I was very surprised that your MRSC username or password was not required when purchasing tickets. Didn't make sense. Will get very messy though if they try and decipher who is and who isn't entitled to tickets.
    Not fair on MRSC members who were not able to access tickets and random members of the public could.

Workers in thomond got link too, couldnt ask for password.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Is there anyway to get presale tickets for Cork before they go on sale tomorrow? Really want to surprise my husband with tickets for Christmas, but the sale time coincides with the bloody school run! Damn kids :rolleyes:

Advertisement