Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mc3

Does anyone know why Cork's not showing on the Ticketmaster site? Others are there - inc Munster pre-sale for Thomond Park! - but not Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

mc3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Cork's not showing on the Ticketmaster site? Others are there - inc Munster pre-sale for Thomond Park! - but not Cork.

Independent Republic - log on to Ticketmaster.cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Munster fans have no access... This has nothing got to do with Munster??

Munster rugby supporters club full members with season tickets or ten year tickets are entitled to early sale/first choice on any other events run in Thomond park be that a concert, soccer match or done other event.

Who's money do you think is paying for the money owed on the stadium. The ten year ticket holders paid €5,500 up front for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rf29

Yee haw :)

Dear Member,

As a valued member of Munster Rugby Supporters Club, we would like to offer you, through our association with Thomond Park Stadium and Aiken Promotions, the opportunity to avail of a pre-general sale option to purchase tickets for the Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band concert taking place in Thomond Park Stadium on July 16th 2013.

Seated tickets are ?100 and general admission (standing) tickets are ?90.

You will receive an email from us by 4pm tomorrow Tuesday December 4th with a website link. The pre-sale will start on Wednesday, December 5th at 10am and will close at 8am on Thursday, December 6th.

This is a limited offer, members can buy up to four per membership but these will be on a first come first serve basis and will be subject to availability, therefore, early login is advised (ticket purchase is not guaranteed). Please note that this is a specific offer for you as a valued MRSC member and details will be checked and verified at point of purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

So what's that shite you were saying?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Got the email this morning about the tickets, woohoo, I'll be going to see the Boss in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Perhaps a Mod can amend the thread title to remove the word "hopefully" :)

(Not sure if I'm able to do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

rf29 wrote: »
    Yee haw :)

Dear Member,

As a valued member of Munster Rugby Supporters Club, we would like to offer you, through our association with Thomond Park Stadium and Aiken Promotions, the opportunity to avail of a pre-general sale option to purchase tickets for the Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band concert taking place in Thomond Park Stadium on July 16th 2013.

Seated tickets are ?100 and general admission (standing) tickets are ?90.

You will receive an email from us by 4pm tomorrow Tuesday December 4th with a website link. The pre-sale will start on Wednesday, December 5th at 10am and will close at 8am on Thursday, December 6th.

This is a limited offer, members can buy up to four per membership but these will be on a first come first serve basis and will be subject to availability, therefore, early login is advised (ticket purchase is not guaranteed). Please note that this is a specific offer for you as a valued MRSC member and details will be checked and verified at point of purchase.

Excuse my ignorance but does the above apply to ordinary members of the MRSC???

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

testicle wrote: »
    So what's that shite you were saying?

I assumed that once Aiken Promotions were running it Munster fans wouldn't have early access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Members of the MRSC have access to tickets (up to 4 each) before the general sale.

• Advertisement

MrLaurel wrote: »

I would think associate members have the same right as full members in regards to purchasing the tickets

phog wrote: »

I would think associate members have the same right as full members in regards to purchasing the tickets

I wouldn't think so. Isn't there like 10,000 associate members. Add to that the full members and 10 years ticket holders and you are talking about a lot of people having early access. There is no indication of the cut off point though, just limited availability.

I'd say if you got an e-mail to say you are entitled to the tickets then you will receive the link to buy early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

MrLaurel wrote: »
    Yeah, because I'm an ordinary member and I got the email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Presale will only have in it 900 tickets.. if hoping get on damn early guys :)

source: work in thomond

bennyl10 wrote: »

Wow 900 tickets between potentially 17,000ish fans (MRSC members and Ten Year Ticket Holders). Can't believe they are allowing 4 per person at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jofspring wrote: »
    Wow 900 tickets between potentially 17,000ish fans (MRSC members and Ten Year Ticket Holders). Can't believe they are allowing 4 per person at that rate.

17,000 would be more than half the capacity so it was never gonna be that amount. 900 is quite small but they want to give fair chance to everyone, it was the same amount for the other thomond gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Couldn't justify paying those extortionate prices myself.

Mentioned this earlier but from past experience you can only make one purchase per address/credit card.

Mentioned this earlier but from past experience you can only make one purchase per address/credit card.

As in on Wednesday when you search for tickets you will only get results if you search for 1 cause it says you can look for up to 4 per person/per credit card/per address?

As in on Wednesday when you search for tickets you will only get results if you search for 1 cause it says you can look for up to 4 per person/per credit card/per address?

No, say 3 members have the same address or use the same credit card then only one member can make a purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I am the lead purchaser for myself and a friend, I can buy tickets on his account without any problem, once they get their money they don't seem to care.

No, say 3 members have the same address or use the same credit card then only one member can make a purchase.

I get you. I have two seats in Thomond Park with the ten year ticket but because its one address/credit card i am still limited to 4.

I get you. I have two seats in Thomond Park with the ten year ticket but because its one address/credit card i am still limited to 4.

That's what happened to me for one of the earlier concerts. I'm a MRSC member but probably the same principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Gallee wrote: »

I doubt it Mike. The previous poster is a veteran at sensationalism and using the thesaraus as he types. There wasn't any of that kind of trouble or noise at any concert in Thomond Park. Springsteen will be a great occasion for both TP and the City. A bit of good news for a change.

Just to point out there were a few fights at that gig and I can tell you that for a fact as I'm a bar supervisor in the stadium. Nothing as bad as the stoner scones at Bob Dylan or the infestation of 15 year old wannabees knackers riding like rabbits at JLS. As for the noise it did travel that far yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Bob Dylan

Worst concert I was ever at. Left early too which I never do.

Was at Pink too. Don't like her but got free tickets. She put on a very good show in fairness. Didnt see any fights, but she did attract an young slightly iffy kind of crowd. Lots of young ones hammered in there. For that kind of gig, would have preferred to be in the stands tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just to point out there were a few fights at that gig and I can tell you that for a fact as I'm a bar supervisor in the stadium. Nothing as bad as the stoner scones at Bob Dylan or the infestation of 15 year old wannabees knackers riding like rabbits at JLS. As for the noise it did travel that far yes

There was footage of some of the fights up on youtube as well as footage of Pink telling people to calm down/not to fight, so it is rich to see one poster slagging off another over something that did happen (and further confirmed by you) and that there was video footage off.

Pretty sure the footage was put up in here as well.

Fights at gigs, especially those with a younger crowd, are pretty common regardless of what city they are in.

Agree with you on the sound travelling as well. Could hear both the Pink and Elton John gigs in Dooradoyle/Ballyclough. Nowt unusual in sound travelling such a short distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Does anyone know what time the ticketmaster tickets are going on sale at?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

bennyl10 wrote: »

That number is NOT correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Does anyone know what time the ticketmaster tickets are going on sale at?

The ones that will be on general release? Think the usual time is 9 am. I know the tickets for when Springsteen played in Dublin went on sale at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Scar001

Would be happy to get any ticket, but any views on being in the stand versus being on the pitch in Thomond. Go regularily for the rugby, but never been to a concert. Assume better views in the stand but atmosphere might not be as good??

Advertisement