Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Biscuit80 wrote: »
    Yeah, they are standing on the terrace in front of the stand. Have a season ticket to the rugby for the east terrace north and there are similar numbers on it - G1 358 & 359 even though it's a terrace...something to do with the space a person takes up on the terrace

Interesting. Will have to wait and see so. Ill be pretty pissed off if I'm stuck in the terrace. Can anyone else with a standing ticket confirm if the order history on their ticketmaster account says any different than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Ill be pretty pissed off if I'm stuck in the terrace.
    Consider yourself very lucky that you have a ticket, as the concert was sold out after a few hours! (Limerick Leader) :cool:

Right from what I can gather I have pitch tickets. I don't think there will be anyone in the terraces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Biscuit80 wrote: »
    Yeah, they are standing on the terrace in front of the stand. Have a season ticket to the rugby for the east terrace north and there are similar numbers on it - G1 358 & 359 even though it's a terrace...something to do with the space a person takes up on the terrace

From what I can remember they don't use the terraces for concerts, just the stand and the pitch! There would be too many people in the terraces trying to move around it would be dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

I was in ticketmaster in town today..its already sold out! you might change the title to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

alan1990 wrote: »

From what I can remember they don't use the terraces for concerts, just the stand and the pitch! There would be too many people in the terraces trying to move around it would be dangerous!

Certainly for the first two concerts the terraces were out of bounds but as the capacity has been increased to 30k I wonder will they allow restricted access to them this year. Use wrist bands to allow access to certain areas on a first come first basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Can't believe they sold out so quickly at that price - ~a grand+ for every 10/11 punters.

- Not sure I appreciate the appeal myself - I liked him in Die Hard but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

How long did limerick take to sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

zweton wrote: »

one of the first. Sold out before Cork...can't believe it tbh. Thought I had loads of time to buy a ticket,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Trying to find out myself as i was trying up until 9.40ish and it kept telling me they were gone, yet my bf rang at 10.30 and said they came up 4 him, couldn't get details in on time though and when he tried again they were gone.

What do ye reckon of tge chances of picking a couple up closer to the time?

And the talk of him doing an extra night?

Ps zweton as in the chinese? Love that place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

gg2 wrote: »
    Trying to find out myself as i was trying up until 9.40ish and it kept telling me they were gone, yet my bf rang at 10.30 and said they came up 4 him, couldn't get details in on time though and when he tried again they were gone.

What do ye reckon of tge chances of picking a couple up closer to the time?

And the talk of him doing an extra night?

Ps zweton as in the chinese? Love that place!

With the price of almost €100 including booking fee I think tickets will be available closer to the time.

Lots of greedy clowns will have bought 6 trying to make a profit but its a recession and the price ain't cheap so tickets will come on the market.

Not sure what U2 are doing these times but I would guess the next world tour could include an Irish tour including Limerick and Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

With the price of almost €100 including booking fee I think tickets will be available closer to the time.

nLots of greedy clowns will have bought 6 tryig to make a profit but its a recession and the price ain't cheap so tickets will come on the market.

Not sure what U2 are doing these times but I would guess the next world tour could include an Irish tour including Limerick and Cork.

hate when people do that..greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

u2 in thomond park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

vkid wrote: »
    one of the first. Sold out before Cork...can't believe it tbh. Thought I had loads of time to buy a ticket,.

No surprise there really. I'm from Cork and I wanted tickets for Limerick. Much better venue than the absolute dump that is Pairc Ui Caoimh. I had 2 pcs open and ended up taking the Cork tickets though as I kept getting dumped out of the Limerick queue. I know a few people like this in Cork who opted for Limerick instead so probably quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

alan1990 wrote: »

but pitch tickets all have PITCH STANDING and General dmission on them?..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    but pitch tickets all have PITCH STANDING and General dmission on them?..

Nope not these ones. See my previous post for exactly what they say but I checked the site and I paid 90 which is what GA tickets cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

From someone who works in the Stadium, I can tell you that the Standing tickets are all on the pitch. The previous Capacity for a concert was set at 26000. This was at the request of Aiken Promotions. They can get up to 35000 into the stadium for a concert both on the pitch and with the stands full to capacity. Previously they have chosen not to fill it to its max for a concert and have left room on the pitch and never filled the stands to the last due to the positioning of the stages. This time around they plan to fill the stadium to its capacity. The terraces will not however be used from my understanding.

Hope that helps.

From someone who works in the Stadium, I can tell you that the Standing tickets are all on the pitch. The previous Capacity for a concert was set at 26000. This was at the request of Aiken Promotions. They can get up to 35000 into the stadium for a concert both on the pitch and with the stands full to capacity. Previously they have chosen not to fill it to its max for a concert and have left room on the pitch and never filled the stands to the last due to the positioning of the stages. This time around they plan to fill the stadium to its capacity. The terraces will not however be used from my understanding.

Hope that helps.

Exactly what I was thinking would be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThunderRoad94

Does anyone know what the story with the pit for Thomand Park is? :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the story with the pit for Thomand Park is? :rolleyes:

Que and get your pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Que and get your pass.

what time should one queue from?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just make sure you go to Thomond Park and not the evil twin that lurks around the corner Thomand Park

testicle wrote: »
    what time should one queue from?

if its anything like the RDS gigs, you can show up around 2/3 and comfortably get in the pit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

if its anything like the RDS gigs, you can show up around 2/3 and comfortably get in the pit :)

Gates don't open until 5 though...

testicle wrote: »
    Gates don't open until 5 though...

was the exact same in the RDS.. I meant show up in the que at that time, sorry for any confusion

Getting closer now :-) what are the chances of getting into the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Getting closer now :-) what are the chances of getting into the pit.

If you que now I guarantee it.

Lads were queuing in the UK 3 days before hand for the pit from what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'm heading with my mammy so I'll be seated for the first time at a Springsteen gig. Anxious enough that it'll be as awesome as the others!!

Jofspring wrote: »
    If you que now I guarantee it.

Lads were queuing in the UK 3 days before hand for the pit from what I heard.

Ah feck it so:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Guys anyone know if many tickets are cropping up now for sale? I'm in need of one standing, thought i would have got it by now!

Advertisement