Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen Thomond Park 2013 (Confirmed!)

Options

Comments

Gallee wrote: »
    I doubt it Mike. The previous poster is a veteran at sensationalism and using the thesaraus as he types. There wasn't any of that kind of trouble or noise at any concert in Thomond Park. Springsteen will be a great occasion for both TP and the City. A bit of good news for a change.

There was a fight at that concert and Pink had them thrown out. As for the noise, I could hear it clear enough to make out what songs she was singing in Ballinacurra Gardens. Same for the Elton John concert the year previous (without the fighting). Sound travels dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The price of the tickets along with the fact Bruce doesnt have support acts should ensure no scobes are present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Miike wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic don't slay me but...

Could you seriously hear Pink in Dooradoyle? I'm living beside TP as in, it's not 10 feet from my door hence the curiosity?!

I could hear Elton John from Tesco in Roxboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I could hear Elton John from Tesco in Roxboro.

Elton John works in Tesco Roxboro now?

& Gallee yer wrong about everything - including the thesaurus!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Are tickets really €96? wow steep but sure it will be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

96 euro for standing???

Really - oh janey - my hubby is disabled there is no way he could stand. Is there an area in Thomond for people with walking disabilities?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

You can get wheelchair passes from the promoters after you get your tickets and apply in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Thanks for the replies to my comment :)

Since Pink, they've had to have an external, independent sound technician on site monitoring sound levels during all events due to the health risks for people in the Thomondgate / Ballynanty area. I thought it was blown a bit out of proportion until now!

bigpink wrote: »
    You can get wheelchair passes from the promoters after you get your tickets and apply in advance

oh wow thanks for that bigpink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Miike wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies to my comment :)

Since Pink, they've had to have an external, independent sound technician on site monitoring sound levels during all events due to the health risks for people in the Thomondgate / Ballynanty area. I thought it was blown a bit out of proportion until now!

Well I can tell you for sure you will hear Springsteen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's very steep but I'm going to go as it's a once off. How many times will we get to see Bruce Springsteen in our own city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

€96 ouch, that's a hell of a lot, I know he's a legend but seriously a bit much no, still I think I might go, might not happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I paid €86 for the RDS last July and its definitely worth the money. He played for almost 3 and a half hours and was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

I can't believe it. I have wanted to see him for years so long, but every time he comes he manages to coincide with me & my wife having a new baby.

It'll be seperate beds from now to June...!!!!

I will just cry if I don't manage to get tickets for this. (Probably the same as about 200k other people)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Does TP have a curfew or is it going to be an afternoon gig? Can't see him being allowed to play from 8/9pm to 11.30/12.30

Long time since I headed to Slane on the bus with a ten gallon drum of home brew :D

Ticket price is harsh but it will sell out pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Does TP have a curfew or is it going to be an afternoon gig? Can't see him being allowed to play from 8/9pm to 11.30/12.30

Long time since I headed to Slane on the bus with a ten gallon drum of home brew :D

Ticket price is harsh but it will sell out pretty quick

gates are 6, so looks similar to RDS last june. Came on stage at 7:45, was supposed to be on at 7, and didn't stop til 11.. half ten was curfew,..

Bruce don't follow no curfew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Jofspring wrote: »
    It's very steep but I'm going to go as it's a once off. How many times will we get to see Bruce Springsteen in our own city.

now that is a very good question. Bruce is here in ireland every year and I think he would return to Thomond Park as it's bound to be a great gig.

By the way I could hear the Pink concert in Dooradoyle too!
    Not so much the other concerts since though, they seem to have toned it down big time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Clareman wrote: »
    Delighted about this, hopefully Munster Supporters Club members will be able to get tickets in advance :)
    Looks like there will be a presale on Wednesday :D

Maybe bit early for this post but anywho, for thursday are many people thinkin of quein for ticks, for thomond specifically or cork even? If so.any idea what time to be in que to be almost sure? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Maybe bit early for this post but anywho, for thursday are many people thinkin of quein for ticks, for thomond specifically or cork even? If so.any idea what time to be in que to be almost sure? Thanks

Just buy them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just buy them online?

Ya I would think most people will be going online. The days of queuing outside empire music are kind of gone. There will still be a crowd in there most likely but I'd say the bulk of sales will be online.

Ya I would think most people will be going online. The days of queuing outside empire music are kind of gone. There will still be a crowd in there most likely but I'd say the bulk of sales will be online.

Online is risky judging by que for rds in june. Wait times & stuff. Always massive outside empire, always ticks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats pretty cool, not a big Springsteen fan but it'll be good for the city, beats JLS or some boyband sh1te anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Does anybody know how this munster pre-sale is going to work? Is it for members of the supporters club? Do you get them on ticketmaster website or what's the craic with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Munster fans have no access... This has nothing got to do with Munster??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Wilbert13 wrote: »

What is a munster pre-sale then? It's in thomond park, so it kinda makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Yeah it does, its in Thomond Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

tell that to the parents who queued for tickets to "one direction" last year and the concert aint even been on yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

alan1990 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how this munster pre-sale is going to work? Is it for members of the supporters club? Do you get them on ticketmaster website or what's the craic with it?

Last time members of Munster rugby supporters club and supporters that are 5 or 10 year ticket holders for Thomond Park got an option to purchase tickets the day prior to tickets going on public sale. As far as I remember, you can only purchase once per address or credit card regardless the number of MRSC members per household.

Forgot to add - purchase on Ticketmaster

Advertisement