Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Why does food on a stick always taste so good?

Meat on stick...
    Chicken on stick...
    Cheese on stick...

Ice-cream on a stick...

Food that's eaten with (chop)sticks...

You're onto something there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Meat on stick...
    Chicken on stick...
    Cheese on stick...
    Anyone else think of "rag on a stick"? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Meat on stick...
    Chicken on stick...
    Cheese on stick...

Sweets on a stick
    Icecream on a stick
    Grapes on a stick
    Cabbage on... no.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Honey-ec wrote: »
    The referencing saga continues. Tutor claims we were told to use author-date last year too. I said that was funny considering I never used it in any of my assignments and was never told I was doing it wrong or marked down for it.

This is not going to end well for me, but damn the woman, she's got my stubborn showing...
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Jaysus!

Slankets, ha? Great invention.
    what's a slanket dk?
    BEHOLD!
    slanket-3.jpeg

That's literally what I look like right now.

http://www.theslanket.com/ -- goofier images on there
    Got my first one in Dunnes a couple of weeks ago, I must have accidentally gotten a kids one, because it doesn't even come close to wrapping around me. :( I don't think I'm that much of a whale! :o

I feckin hate slankets.

Being a cheap arse, I bought one emblazoned with sex and the city on it, it's not big enough, and I'm a size 8-10, I expect a slanket to resemble a burka minus the head bit, and to be all encompassing.

This thing feels like one of those awful hospital gowns that flap around your backside and expose you for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh I blunted a brand new razor on my defuzz.

The only thing I am dreading about living with my boyfriend in a month, the time and effort it takes to be a smooth lady. I love being lazy, fuzzy and warm :pac:

I wouldn't be able for that, I'd just go get waxed. Waaay too much effort for any man to be shaving everyday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Oh I blunted a brand new razor on my defuzz.

The only thing I am dreading about living with my boyfriend in a month, the time and effort it takes to be a smooth lady. I love being lazy, fuzzy and warm :pac:

It's so lovely that ye're finally going to get to live together. :) I'm delighted for you!

Hope I don't sound like an interwebz stalker :o , but ye really do seem like the loveliest couple. After being so far away for so long, it's great that you're finally going to get to be together all the time. Ye both deserve all the bestest of happinesses! :D x

I second Chat's post PP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Strawberries on a stick dipped in chocolate!

:eek: Where did all those posts come from?? Now I look like I said "strawberries on a stick...." for no reason, like tourettes. Tasty tourettes.

I'm fecking starving. I had a big bowl of pasta, pepper quorn stuff for dinner 2 hours ago, a freddo bar and some popcorn and I could eat another dinner easily. WTF is wrong with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Stheno wrote: »
    I feckin hate slankets.

Being a cheap arse, I bought one emblazoned with sex and the city on it, it's not big enough, and I'm a size 8-10, I expect a slanket to resemble a burka minus the head bit, and to be all encompassing.

This thing feels like one of those awful hospital gowns that flap around your backside and expose you for all to see.

Ooooh that is exactly what my one is like! Except it's my, eh, 'front bum' that gets exposed. :o

My neighbours in the opposite apartment have very recently gotten new blinds. And they seem to be down all the time. I wonder why ... :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

My housemate and I have spent many a winter's evening sitting across from each other watching different tv shows on our laptops in our snuggies. In our new house we have two couches so now we have a couch each. We be sociable really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pembily wrote: »
    They have leopard print ones, they are scary!

Onesies are...I saw a lad in what looks like one in an off-licence a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it was a costume... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

There's two PP's here, I get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ilyana wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able for that, I'd just go get waxed. Waaay too much effort for any man to be shaving everyday :pac:

Yeah when I had a job and was rich I always got waxed. Pray the job market loves me or I'll be looking like a baby penguin :pac:
    It's so lovely that ye're finally going to get to live together. :) I'm delighted for you!

Hope I don't sound like an interwebz stalker :o , but ye really do seem like the loveliest couple. After being so far away for so long, it's great that you're finally going to get to be together all the time. Ye both deserve all the bestest of happinesses! :D x

Aw thanks, that's so sweet :D

I think it will be fun. Since we both have the mentality of young children!! Cakes and games all night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Cabbage on... no.

Christmas markets/fairs in Germany do battered sprouts on a stick :D They no look so tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If it helps with the confusion people can call me Purple instead of PP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

If it helps with the confusion people can call me Purple instead of PP..

OR! We can call you PPP :D

Yeah when I had a job and was rich I always got waxed. Pray the job market loves me or I'll be looking like a baby penguin :pac:

I hope you get luck then :pac:

I miss bikini waxes. I might treat myself after the exams if I don't spend my emergency cash fund :)

It's up to you guys, I don't mine. Purple or PPP is fine by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Christmas markets/fairs in Germany do battered sprouts on a stick :D They no look so tasty

We had battered courgette in Italy, it was delicious! Battered sprouts though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's up to you guys, I don't mine. Purple or PPP is fine by me.

what about miss paws :D?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Knackered, have so much work to do by next week! No motivation!! Going to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 tomorrow though. Can't wait :D

That works for me Sephiroth_dude :D

@akamossy - Breaking Dawn 2 is awesome. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ooooh that is exactly what my one is like! Except it's my, eh, 'front bum' that gets exposed. :o

My neighbours in the opposite apartment have very recently gotten new blinds. And they seem to be down all the time. I wonder why ... :o:o:o

Jaypers that must be worse!

Maybe they are exhibitionist

That said we never close the downstairs curtains

: honey

referencing is there to wreck your head, no other real reason for it :D

OH went grocery shopping with me this evening, as due to my crutches I cannot do it on my own.

Now as it's international men's day he got a new car stereo (from Lidl) so we did the grocery shopping in Lidl.

He's never shopped in Lidl before, the sales girl nearly died trying not to laugh at him when I was explaining that he should just put the stuff in the trolley and not try to pack it, he was getting fierce annoyed at me pelting the stuff in.

Then as I couldn't find the stereo, she went off to get me one.
    Cue the following conversation:

Me: "Ah thanks very much for being so helpful"
    Her: "No problem"
    OH: "Oh does it have bluetooth?"
    Me/Her: "Yes"
    Him: "Will it work with my mobile?"
    Me: "Yes"
    Him: "oooooh", glazed eyes like a child at Christmas, but temporarily struck dumb.

At this point the poor sales person gave in, looked at me and started laughing, OH was still in a state of wonder and didn't notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

@akamossy - Breaking Dawn 2 is awesome. :D

Have watched all of them in preparation for tomorrow except for Breaking Dawn Part 1 which shall be watched tonight :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ilyana wrote: »
    I have microwave popcorn now.

I bet you're all jealous of my super nutritious evening snacks.
    I have giant toblerone. :cool:

Note to self: stay away from those when in berlin.

Just in dublin now. German homework can totally wait til lunchtime tomorrow. Or just before class starts.
    :p

Enrolling for the mystery trx-kettlebell-bootcamp yokey. I shall not be deterred from weekly exercise! Yes, I said weekly. Well, the walk to german is a brisk half hour. And yoga on saturday. I guess I'm not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Working again on Friday night, yay! Looks like I'm eating next week :pac:

If anyone has nutella left over, I'd be happy to take it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FFFFrrrrriinnnngggeee!

akamossy wrote: »
    Have watched all of them in preparation for tomorrow except for Breaking Dawn Part 1 which shall be watched tonight :)

I saw them all one after the other in the cinema last Thursday, it was awesome! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

FFFFrrrrriinnnngggeee!

IT'S AWESOME

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement