Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

giftgrub wrote: »
    Had mine for about 2 weeks now so heres the 2cents.
    For what you're paying...its good.

Was that the OP tablet? Getting confused now as this thread has other random tablets popping up every second post.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Ordered an Android on a stick from McBub last week, it still says processing, anyone got any ideas how long until it ships? I've emailed them but haven't had a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It said that for me the whole time, i never checked on any other deliveries. They take anywhere between one week and three.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Ordered an Android on a stick from McBub last week, it still says processing, anyone got any ideas how long until it ships? I've emailed them but haven't had a reply

I order one of those as well as the OP tablet and mine said processing for around a week so I emailed the customer service [shippingatmcbub.com]. Next day I got an email that mine as shipped with tracking number :D They also replied a couple of days later to my email confirming same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks guys, that's good to know. Are you as liable to get hit for customs with the stick as you are with a tablet?

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Thanks guys, that's good to know. Are you as liable to get hit for customs with the stick as you are with a tablet?

I'd say you may get away with it as your package should be small but ya never know with customs. I'm expecting to pay as tablet plus stick (and accessories!) will be bound to set off a few questions :(

A questions regarding tracking. I'm using the tracking number that I was provided and that website they recommend (track17.net) but all that is showing for mine is: Oct 9, 2012 9:47:00 AM Status: Posting, Location:FUJIAN. It's been like that for a while now.

Was this the same for other people who ordered from them or will this get updated? In the email I got back from them they said they shipped it on the 3 Oct so 2 weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

Ordered one of these over the weekend, just recieved an email saying that the china postal system is very busy at the minute and they cant send it, they have asked if i want it sent DHL at 30USD or to cancel my order, anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

wickan wrote: »
    Ordered one of these over the weekend, just recieved an email saying that the china postal system is very busy at the minute and they cant send it, they have asked if i want it sent DHL at 30USD or to cancel my order, anyone else get this?

Sounds strange, where did you order it from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

McBub.com it does seem a bit strange to me as well thought i would check if anyone else had a similar experience

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

No, never got that before. It might be to do with Christmas.. The Chinese sites are marketing for Christmas now to ensure it arrives here in time. As some deliveries can take 3-4 weeks.

It could also be, they are trying out new postal methods, and chancing their arm. Either way, i'd cancel and order from elsewhere.

Aliexpress, HongKongGeek amongst others all have similar tablets and offer free postage. (HongKongGeek also will reimburse you if you get caught for Duty)
    If ordering from Aliexpress, check the seller rating first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^^

www.hongkongeek.com not hong kong geek for those looking for it !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

wickan wrote: »
    McBub.com it does seem a bit strange to me as well thought i would check if anyone else had a similar experience

Yup got the same today, they said to wait ten days
    and if not there they wuld send by fast post

naughtb4 wrote: »

Yup got the same today, they said to wait ten days
    and if not there they wuld send by fast post

When did you originally order?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I don't see anything wrong with that video?
    fl4pj4ck wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't see anything wrong with that video?
    One of them females is displaying a crucifix..in China :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Allyall wrote: »
    No, never got that before. It might be to do with Christmas.. The Chinese sites are marketing for Christmas now to ensure it arrives here in time. As some deliveries can take 3-4 weeks.

It could also be, they are trying out new postal methods, and chancing their arm. Either way, i'd cancel and order from elsewhere.

Aliexpress, HongKongGeek amongst others all have similar tablets and offer free postage. (HongKongGeek also will reimburse you if you get caught for Duty)
    If ordering from Aliexpress, check the seller rating first.

Has anyone here ordered from hongkongeek?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can I watch livestreams with this tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Well mine was doing great....

Until the three year old stood on it.

Cracked screen in 2 places, cant even unlock it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

snubbleste wrote: »
    One of them females is displaying a crucifix..in China :eek:

Jesus Christ...... FINTAAAAAN!

Ordered (OP tablet and mini android) over a month ago now and heard nothing about it for weeks (tracking website always said same thing, stuck in Fujan I think)
    Ended up actually had forgoting I had ordered something.

Decided to check it again tonight and tracker has been updated to
    Nov 3, 2012 8:19:00 AM Status:Departure from outward office of exchange, Location:BEIJING

Happy days, as from my understanding of that message the Parcel has finally left China and is on its way at least. Took around a month to get from Mcbub to leaving the country! Might get here in time for it use a christmas present :D

Lesson learn for next time... don't try to save on shipping and pay the extra for courier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi all,

well I have read through the thread. Seeing that it was started back in june, just checking if the OP tablet is still the most suitable one for a kids xmas present? Not looking for something that rocks, just movies, surfing, games etc. Also need to see how best to introduce parental control.

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Is that the same unit or just a similar spec? Does one have to enable the OCing of the CPU to 1.5?

Also looked in my local dealz store but couldnt find any of those kindle cases? anywhere else local where I can find them?

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Antrim_Man wrote: »

Just to note that this seller doesn't ship
    outside of the UK according to the listing.

Parcel Motel may help get around that if you are near one of their locations

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mine got resent last night, hopefully this one actually arrives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

theShire wrote: »

Ok never noticed as I have an address in the North also :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

theShire wrote: »

Could use ParcelMotel if need be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd say you may get away with it as your package should be small but ya never know with customs. I'm expecting to pay as tablet plus stick (and accessories!) will be bound to set off a few questions :(
    Customs have gone crazy in the last 6 months ,they are opening almost everything now,desperate to recoup money for the exchequer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Zardoz wrote: »
    Customs have gone crazy in the last 6 months ,they are opening almost everything now,desperate to recoup money for the exchequer.

I saw that last week myself, first time ever been checked goin through shannon airport and have went through probably 50 times before

Advertisement