Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Jarren wrote: »
    Spend a bit more

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

and be happy with your new toy

Yay... They got it back in... :D I was looking for these a few days ago, and they had none in stock on Futeko.. Worth the wait.. :D

EDIT>

Ah.. Crud.. :( It's the 512MB 4GB version...

Not for €74.. + Postage..

Dag Nabbit. So close..

Also, not despatched until 17th September..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Looking at this one on Amazon at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006T099XE/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

Double ram, with 8 gigs and reasonable reviews. £75 sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

signostic wrote: »
    Looking at this one on Amazon at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006T099XE/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

Double ram, with 8 gigs and reasonable reviews. £75 sterling

Free delivery ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

vicwatson wrote: »
    Free delivery ??

12£ sterling I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

I just ordered one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MJP7V8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

It was £53 with free shipping as the order is "fulfilled by Amazon". Looks like all stock is sold now but more might arrive.

Its a first tablet for my 11 year old so the basic specs do not worry me. It has HDMI out, which is a plus on a basic tab.

IMHO, its a big bonus that the order is fulfilled by Amazon. This means that Amazon take care of customer support so I can return the tablet (for free, I think) if its crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is there any of these tablets that offer internal 3G and Internal IR blaster?
    I'm really liking both the 7'' Fire and 10'' u30gt but internal 3G/IR would be a huge selling point for me.
    Any ideas?

Anyword if the 2nd generation of Ainol Fire/Flame has been shipped yet anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I'm looking for a tablet myself, ideally a 10" and have narrowed it down to this one. Any one got one of these and have bought it through mcbub could comment on it for me. Thanks

http://www.mcbub.com/item/8GB-HD-A9-Tablet-PC-10-2-inch-Zenithink-C91-Upgrade-ZT-280-Android-4-0-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-1GHz-1080P-HDMI-Camera-3G-CN145371--138058/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

gears wrote: »
    I'm looking for a tablet myself, ideally a 10" and have narrowed it down to this one. Any one got one of these and have bought it through mcbub could comment on it for me. Thanks

http://www.mcbub.com/item/8GB-HD-A9-Tablet-PC-10-2-inch-Zenithink-C91-Upgrade-ZT-280-Android-4-0-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-1GHz-1080P-HDMI-Camera-3G-CN145371--138058/

Lots of people on this thread have bought the Zenithink C91 probably a good read for you.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Anyword if the 2nd generation of Ainol Fire/Flame has been shipped yet anywhere?

Mine shipped on Monday, it's the Fire not the Flame. Flame only came out yesterday evening i think. Not sure if it's 2nd generation as I don't think there are hardware changes but new firmware came out on Monday to fix a number of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Do-more wrote: »
    Lots of people on this thread have bought the Zenithink C91 probably a good read for you.[/QUO

Thanks for that.

Do-more wrote: »
    Lots of people on this thread have bought the Zenithink C91 probably a good read for you.

With some problems when you read along through it. They were bought via aliexpress so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Getting back to the original Allwinner....

some of this thread seems to have diverged...:)

Is the original tablet any good?, we have a house laptop thats just died and I'm looking for a cheap replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

giftgrub wrote: »
    Getting back to the original Allwinner....

some of this thread seems to have diverged...:)

Is the original tablet any good?, we have a house laptop thats just died and I'm looking for a cheap replacement

If you want something for general web browsing,email etc. it does the job.

stevire wrote: »
    Mine shipped on Monday, it's the Fire not the Flame. Flame only came out yesterday evening i think. Not sure if it's 2nd generation as I don't think there are hardware changes but new firmware came out on Monday to fix a number of issues.

Looks like I'm going to get stung with customs. Anybody else get stung? Also, any idea how they calculate the charges?
    hollands wrote: »
    Just a useful hint to those still waiting for their tablet. When you see, through tracking on the An Post website, that the item is in the mailcentre "sent to customs", if you email a copy of proof of purchase from Paypal or whatever, to dmc@revenue.ie, quoting tracking number, it will speed up the process.

I did the above, so hopefully it speeds up the process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Like many others, after painful research I like the look of this one. Anybody own one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ployer-Momo11-Bird-Tablet-Capacitive/dp/B007WCNCLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348746007&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 45 patrickowens1

Anyone got a Pipo U1 that could comment??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Anyone got a Pipo U1 that could comment??

Not yet I don't!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Anybody know anything about this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-M009S-Capacitive-Android-tablet/dp/B006T099XE/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_1 I am just after reading the reviews and to me all seems good, would this be suitable for playing games, youtube etc, thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Ordered the original Allwinner there the other day, worried now about the taxman taking his cut when it lands in....

Where d'ya buy it after? and price? did yu get it yet? stopped by customs for def? what was the VAT/clearance cost?

Cheers in advance

Where d'ya buy it after? and price? did yu get it yet? stopped by customs for def? what was the duty/clearance cost?

Cheers in advance

Bought it from dealsprime.com, took a while to get it in stock but that was due to them waiting on the second batch of the tablets. At least I know I have a more up to date unit.

Price was 145e including shipping, deffo stopped by customs. It had it in the tracker status "item sent to customs", "item held by customs", I sent them the paypal receipt for the unit and got back to me the same day. Otherwise you could be waiting a couple of weeks for them to send you a letter asking for a receipt. 39.46e extra on top and will be delivered on Monday.

The Flambe ROM is getting great reviews so can't wait to flash it to that and give it a lash! ROM is currently being updated with the latest official firmware.

Bought it from dealsprime.com, took a while to get it in stock but that was due to them waiting on the second batch of the tablets. At least I know I have a more up to date unit.

Price was 145e including shipping, deffo stopped by customs. It had it in the tracker status "item sent to customs", "item held by customs", I sent them the paypal receipt for the unit and got back to me the same day. Otherwise you could be waiting a couple of weeks for them to send you a letter asking for a receipt. 39.46e extra on top and will be delivered on Monday.

The Flambe ROM is getting great reviews so can't wait to flash it to that and give it a lash! ROM is currently being updated with the latest official firmware.

Any way they could have marked it as gift or reduced the value...?

Seen it on Dealsprime for $177 and on McBub for $160.00 - what's the difference (apart form $17.00)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Only after seeing this thread now but I like the look/price of the original tablet. I have a N7 so know the size is fine but this was going to be used just for browsing net, facebook etc

I've went to around page 20 and skimmed through some of the comments and bar the screen protector/custom charges is the general consenus that it's worth it?

Or are there better alternatives/sites around as I noticed the last few pages are talking about other tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Seen it on Dealsprime for $177 and on McBub for $160.00 - what's the difference (apart form $17.00)

As stated previously, I would steer clear of Chinagrabber(dealsprime,gadgetgreats).

It is usually worth taking a look on Aliexpress but McBub seem to be ok to buy from.

They had marked it as a gift and $25 value, I guess they got suspicious at the size of the box and sent it to Customs.

Dealsprime for $177 is the "deluxe package", you get a protector, cover, OTG cable and a few other bits along with the tablet.

They had marked it as a gift and $25 value

So are you just paying VAT & Clearance based on the $25.00 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

So are you just paying VAT & Clearance based on the $25.00 ?

Just about every packet coming from China is marked as a gift and with a low value on it. Customs are well wise to it and they generally ignore them. That's why they ask for the paypal receipt or whatever as more plausible proof of what was paid.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement