Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Zardoz wrote: »
    Customs have gone crazy in the last 6 months ,they are opening almost everything now,desperate to recoup money for the exchequer.

They aren't too careful either, the last package I got from China (value under €22 :) ) had been opened with a Stanley knife down the middle of the package, damaging the box inside. Luckily it was for myself, but would have spoiled it as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Zardoz

galldar wrote: »
    They aren't too careful either, the last package I got from China (value under €22 :) ) had been opened with a Stanley knife down the middle of the package, damaging the box inside. Luckily it was for myself, but would have spoiled it as a present.
    Yeah they are fairly rough,they are also trying to slap charges on almost anything even if they know it is well under the allowed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Zardoz wrote: »
    Customs have gone crazy in the last 6 months ,they are opening almost everything now,desperate to recoup money for the exchequer.

Yep, probably best to 'expect' to pay and build that into your pricing before you order.

Am usually happy enough to pay customs as it is just another cost to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yep, probably best to 'expect' to pay and build that into your pricing before you order.

Am usually happy enough to pay customs as it is just another cost to be paid.

And usually even with VAT and/or Duty the price is usually still cheaper !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

What's the average custom price or does it depend on the package (size etc)?
    I thought I remembered a few pages back some saying it's around €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

customs charged me 11euro + 6euro for an post .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

What's the average custom price or does it depend on the package (size etc)?
    I thought I remembered a few pages back some saying it's around €30

Depends on the total cost of the shipment, including postage charges. So long as its under €22 (including shipping), you're ok. Once it goes over €22, you are charged 23% of the total cost (including shipping), plus €6 for An Post who collect the amount owed (and they won't have change).
    I've had items stopped before, which holds up delivery, and you need to send a copy of the invoice to revenue before they will release the item. They send a letter to you with the email address and reference number you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

FYI: Also seems available via amazon

PS: Are these actually coming from the UK or direct from china (and thus duty?)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

FYI: Also seems available via amazon

PS: Are these actually coming from the UK or direct from china (and thus duty?)

Some of them are UK based and some from China, just look at the seller information page.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloyne man

Folks, After reading the posts in here. I am looking for a 9-10" tablet, UK / ireland based. Need to get one in the 2 weeks. Cannot wait for china postman. Any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

www.ingadget.co.uk are UK sellers of some of the most popular tablets around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

HardwareHeroes are another UK seller of 9.7"-10.1" Tabs.

I've never dealt with them so can't make any recommendation, do your own research.

invest4deepvalue.com

Cloyne man wrote: »
    Folks, After reading the posts in here. I am looking for a 9-10" tablet, UK / ireland based. Need to get one in the 2 weeks. Cannot wait for china postman. Any ideas

I'm also on the look out for similar but for xmas. Dont under all the specs but do keep us posted on what you might be getting..

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Need to get one in the 2 weeks. Cannot wait for china postman. Any ideas

Buy it from someone who sends via UPS or some other courier company, will only take a few days, and not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Made an order for the Cube u30gt mini during the week. Got it on aliexpress.com.
    Cost me €124 including a 16gb TF Card and Dhl shipping. will let ye know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Got one of these, ordered Sunday, received Friday http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

Have been playing with it all night, great value entry level tablet from UK supplier.

Parcel motel may be a cheaper option for postage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got one of these, ordered Sunday, received Friday http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

Have been playing with it all night, great value entry level tablet from UK supplier.

Parcel motel may be a cheaper option for postage

Same here ordered wednesday collected from parcelmotel(free delivery) Friday,
    quick delivery,used paypal to pay for it ,no problem with change of address.
    have not tried tablet yet, sister in law as it in Dublin.

FYI:

In the end I went with the Nova Crystal...A bit more than I was expecting to spend but seems to have good android/commuty support...

W.

FYI:

In the end I went with the Nova Crystal...A bit more than I was expecting to spend but seems to have good android/commuty support...

W.

Who did you get the crystal from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

To re-ask the question:
    Anyone bought form hongkongeek.com and received their Vat/Duty costs back?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who did you get the crystal from?

http://www.futeko.com

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

www.memorycards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

snubbleste wrote: »
    To re-ask the question:
    Anyone bought form hongkongeek.com and received their Vat/Duty costs back?

Did you get charged VAT/Duty after buying from them?

I have bought from them a few times, You shouldn't have got/get charged, as it's paid for (Included in the Price and shipping) when you order it. The courier company declares it.

If you do get charged, it should be no problem to rectify.

Allyall wrote: »
    Did you get charged VAT/Duty after buying from them?
    I have bought from them a few times, You shouldn't have got/get charged, as it's paid for (Included in the Price and shipping) when you order it. The courier company declares it.
    If you do get charged, it should be no problem to rectify.
    No I did not order yet. The offer sounds a bit too good to be true that's all.

FYI:

W.

So you pre-ordered? :confused:

I tried to get one off them last week and they were out of stock.

Says on their website they'll have more stock on Thursday 15th Nov

snubbleste wrote: »
    No I did not order yet. The offer sounds a bit too good to be true that's all.

No, it's not that great, they make it sound better. They include the VAT before you buy it. Everything works out slightly more expensive than other places, and the shipping too. They just hide it well.
    Sometimes they have special offers that are good.

DHL have two full time Duty/VAT inspectors in their offices/warehouse (Not working for DHL, but for customs), So if you do go elsewhere, try and avoid using them.

I was going to buy the Ainol Novo Hero 10 off them tomorrow. Price just jumped by nearly €50 more than the preorder price.. :eek: Feck that.

The Eken w70 from Futeko works out at ~€90, from Hongkongeek at ~€65 including taxes

I don't find Futeko all that cheap. They are deinitely more convenient though if anything was to go wrong.

I think (Guessing) Futeko may have bought the Eken when it was slightly more expensive, and still have some in stock at that price. Where as companies in China, don't really need to have any in stock, they can get them quickly enough to match the orders. Probably the reason they can have them at a lower price. When i wanted the Eken W70 pro, it was €135, I eventually got it for €85.

HongKongeek have the SmartQ U7H for €399, but i've seen other versions of the same tablet with only 8GB, with the same spec built in projector for less than €250. I'd guess similar tablets with a lower quality projector will be out soon for less than €200 possibly €150.

I think you just have to look around a lot. But the Eken is a good tablet, and you'll find it hard to beat that price at €63 with free shipping and no VAT/Duty.

The Eken price would've settled by now..

yeah, probably not the cheapest, but with xmas approaching... Also as these are xmas presents needed the comfort of the warranty. Wouldnt like returning stuff back to china. I guess this "level" of comfort costs :(

W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Advertisement