Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

giftgrub wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday....does the job just fine for the money. Might get another soon.

also for future reference... how do you avoid customs?

Try parcelmotel, or get it sent to an NI/UK address then forwarded on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

ronano wrote: »
    I couldn't find the previous recommendation for this tablet in the thread

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/202430587.html

Just wanted to say it in total came to 44 euro including 3.50 parcelmotel, i got two of them. One took 2 weeks to arrive and the other took 8 days, avoided customs/no hassle. It works grand for what i want it for (pdf,email,few vids)
    Did you use aliexpress site to get this Tablet, just after reading this, not sure now?

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=138767

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

nig1 wrote: »
    Did you use aliexpress site to get this Tablet, just after reading this, not sure now?

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=138767

Aliexpress is a marketplace just like eBay and you need to treat it with the same care as would eBay. So look at the sellers feedback score and go on others recommendations of specific sellers.

If you take a little basic care in who you buy off you will be OK.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Just looking around alliexpress and found the tablet below with HDMI. Looks to be very similar to the original OP but with the added benefit of HDMI for a few dollars more

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-Allwinner-A13-Q88-tablet-pc-5-point-capacitive-Screen-android-4-0-1-2GHz-512MB/629596324.html - $57.23 with 3000mh battery

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

My fire (not flame) just arrived. Looks great but don't want to mess around too much till I get the fw updated. €31 customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My fire (not flame) just arrived. Looks great but don't want to mess around too much till I get the fw updated. €31 customs

Gis the low down Heathers.

Where did you buy it?

Is it 2nd gen do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I got the tablet in the original post, the Allwinner a13. I just figured out that it is rooted right out of the box. I imaging they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I got the tablet in the original post, the Allwinner a13. I just figured out that it is rooted right out of the box. I imaging they all are.

How long did yours take to arrive? Customs issues?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Gis the low down Heathers.

Where did you buy it?

Is it 2nd gen do you know?

Time for me to confess that I havent a clue what I'm doing!! I've figured out its a QM version, not sure if thats good or bad, but am downloading Pat Mosses Rom v15 for it at the moment. Now to figure out how to format the memory card, unzip the ROM and apply it. Long night ahead me thinks!!

I bought from Mcbub and had ordered during the preorder stage, so feels like an age ago. Realistically it took 2 weeks from the time they got stock. Fingers crossed all goes well with the update and I'll be posting from it later. The screen is a beaut, bit heavier than I thought.

Watch this space (probably for me looking for advice on unbricking it in around an hour!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Two weeks. No custums.

• Advertisement

All done much easier than expected. Its my first tablet but so far loving it. Camera is very good although I probably won't use it that often. Still finding my way around a bit but no regrets here

Two weeks. No custums.
    Jammy git!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I ordered from Geekbuying and got stung for nearly €17 from customs and it has taken about 3 weeks to get to Ireland. Should be delivered today so looking forward to receiving it and will post my impressions here once I have used it for a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

reni10 wrote: »
    I ordered from Geekbuying and got stung for nearly €17 from customs and it has taken about 3 weeks to get to Ireland. Should be delivered today so looking forward to receiving it and will post my impressions here once I have used it for a bit...

Same as u I hope , customs letter this morning . bah ., it should be here with me in exactly 15days form order which isn't bad.

So it arrived

Well packaged , lots of bubble wrap , turns on fine , connects to wifi fine ,
    surfing is ok , not used it much only had 15min on break to mess with it .

I did install netflix app from market ,but for some reason its not loading. this could be me or something I missed .

This will be going to my niece to use and its Netflix and Facebook that will mainly be used...........so if anyone has got netflix to run let me know.

it is responsive enough when using the tablet , and display isn't bad quality. Viewing angle is fairly narrow but that could be the same with all tablets. Web cam is low quality but still , it works and image is clear enough. so far its not bad for an all in off 66euro .Only time will tell if its junk or value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Cheers for the mini review. Was that delivery time in 15 working days? Much delay with customs?

Mine was shipped on the third so trying estimate delivery. Tracker still says in eastern China!

i ordered on the 20/9 and arrived 11/10, customs got it Friday 5/10 and I got the letter from them Monday , it arrived today (€17.25 to customs)

I ordered from geekbuying , i think that works out at 15 working days so its not far off what geekbuying had stated when I ordered.

can someone also recommend which reader I should be putting on this.

forgot to add one thing to my mini review

the DC jack :its not pretty , it doesn't sit flush with the side of the tablet when plugged in. It does look like this could be snapped off quiet easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone know of someone here or in the uk that has imported these tablets

Is www.geekbuying.com the same crowd as www.buyincoins.com - they have a very similar website?

no idea , just used geekbuying cause there was paypal.
    so I have had a few hours with this .
    battery life is about 4 hours , watched 2 tv shows (avi) off a usb stick , this took battery down to close to 50%, and the rest went as i was surfing and other stuff. still have not got netflix to work . I know there are other options but i will spend a little bit more time to see if i can sort it out.Image quailty for the shows was perfect. the Speaker is not good at all. max volume is hard to hear. headphones work fine.
    I also have had issues using the facebook app to log in.
    Most of youtube streamed fine. I did run into problems when I went to watch H+ which i subscribed to on youtube. I am sure there are solutions to these .

also usb adapter does not insert in full either , same as the DC jack . don't like that as it does not look secure
    so far 6/10

Got everything I needed working last nite.

Facebook : uninstall app on tablet and download latest version (they are the same but different fixes the login issues )
    Youtube app : same as above . not sure what the deal i might be a region thing but fixes this as well

Netflix : uninstall /or do not take the app from google play store , down load netflix 1.6.0 apk .go to www.iapktop.com/netflix-1-6-0.html and download here (do not select the link for android market take it from iapktop). It asks when it launches do you want to update ,i said no. bit slow scrolling through the shows but plays perfect.

also add Charge time on this is very slow as well, it takes hours . still leaving it 6/10 but a much happier 6/10.
    Perfect of kids and casual users and those obsessed with angry birds .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Henry81

Hey i have one for a couple of weeks now ,for the price it does the job.

Just one thing that is making me nuts is when i plug it in to charge it up

I can't work on it to type , play games etc .... does anyone have this worry about it ,

It works fine overall , but when i plug it in ,i can't type it just jumps

Cannot say I have that problem .

only problems with charging I have are time it takes and how short the power lead actually is.

So its my plug ?? i wish i could work it while its being recharged ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Try to do a factory reset.
    BACKUP ANYTHING IMPORTANT BEFORE CONTINUING.

Go to Settings -> Scroll Down to Privacy -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Device -> Tick/Untick Optional -> Erase Everything

Tablet will restart, and you'll have to sign in again.

Ok i will try that later , i must say your better help ,than the company where i got this tablet ,

Eire IT Gadgets your customer service skills suck

• Registered Users Posts: 45 patrickowens1

All done much easier than expected. Its my first tablet but so far loving it. Camera is very good although I probably won't use it that often. Still finding my way around a bit but no regrets here

Hi heathers- how's the tablet now- all still good? How's pat moss's rom? I chickened out and bought a different model, the crystal, after hearing so many reports of the flame having buzzing mosquito sounds, popping sounds and dead screens not to mention the odd expensive brick!!

If they start to get the probs ironed out I think I'll stick the crystal up on adverts and get a flame...

Hi heathers- how's the tablet now- all still good? How's pat moss's rom? I chickened out and bought a different model, the crystal, after hearing so many reports of the flame having buzzing mosquito sounds, popping sounds and dead screens not to mention the odd expensive brick!!

If they start to get the probs ironed out I think I'll stick the crystal up on adverts and get a flame...

That's exactly the one im after, crystal, for the same reason as problems with flame. Can I ask where you bought it and a review of it? cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Joeface wrote: »
    This will be going to my niece to use and its Netflix and Facebook that will mainly be used...........so if anyone has got netflix to run let me know.
    money

Joeface, The last update I did for netflix on my Tablet (Android 4.0.1) would continually crash on load. I uninstalled it and found another netflix apk file for an older version and it worked a treat. I'm not gonna update netflix again until I'm sure it works. Note: Dont allow autoupdating on the Netflix APP until a working update is released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Had mine for about 2 weeks now so heres the 2cents...

I have found it a little sluggish at times, especially when you go to type in the address bar in the browser..I installed Chrome instead of the native browser.

The virtual keyboard does the job...again with a little delay, but i'm not going to be the great novel on it.

The Facebook and Twitter apps are fine.

I used the micro USB adapter they included to watch some stuff off a memory stick. decent enough quality, onboard speakers are s**t though.

Camera is passable, havent it with tried skype yet (i tend to use a phone app anyway)

Havent tried netflix, but youtube is grand.

I've been using it as a Kindle reader as well, which is good, the screen is nice and sharp for text in my opinion.

Touch and scrolling is responsive enough to do the job.

For what you're paying...its good.

Advertisement