Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

zerks wrote: »
    800x480 Screen

Low res screen unfortunately...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

zerks wrote: »

512mb ram....low memory unfortunately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eamonnq wrote: »
    512mb ram....low memory unfortunately too.

Yeah,specs aren't spectacular but if someone wants a larger screen pad for kids use it won't break the bank & it's an Irish seller so hopefully returns etc. wouldn't be a problem if something was wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Hi,

Looking to buy a few Ainol Heros for christmas, any suggestions on any european sellers or will it have to come from Asia? What kind of time frame would you think? am i mad?

Thanks in advance,
    Lash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to buy a few Ainol Heros for christmas, any suggestions on any european sellers or will it have to come from Asia? What kind of time frame would you think? am i mad?

Thanks in advance,
    Lash

I'd guess Futeko will have them

If you order from an Asian site, get info about the seller, check out their feedback, and use a courier for faster delivery. Some couriers can get it here within 10 days.

Nope, not mad at all.. :) I am gonna git me one of them too, but i'm going to hold out a little for the price to drop. ~ Saying that, it's a good price now, i may not wait. I just got a bit of a shock when it jumped up in price from the Preorder price.

There are a few other 10 inch tablets i'm looking at and pondering over..

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I'd guess Futeko will have them

If you order from an Asian site, get info about the seller, check out their feedback, and use a courier for faster delivery. Some couriers can get it here within 10 days.

Nope, not mad at all.. :) I am gonna git me one of them too, but i'm going to hold out a little for the price to drop.

price is fairly low at the min though, even though the new one is coming?

No checked Futeko, they dont have it sadly

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    price is fairly low at the min though, even though the new one is coming?

No checked Futeko, they dont have it sadly

I edited that fairly quick.. Obviously not quick enough :)

I edited it again for the last sentence.

16GB version on HKG for €166 - That seller uses DHL and EMS.. Unfortunately on HKG you can't check feedback for each seller, but their delivery times are between 1 - 2 weeks.

Cheaper here but add shipping and Duty/VAT - Aliexpress. Incidentally, if you use DHL you will almost certainly have to pay Duty/VAT.

They claim delivery time within a week using DHL or FEDEX, and have a good rating.

It works out the same as HKG before you add the VAT. So maybe more expensive on Aliexpress.

EDIT> Also, i meant i guess Futeko will be getting them in.

Allyall wrote: »
    I edited that fairly quick.. Obviously not quick enough :)

I edited it again for the last sentence.

16GB version on HKG for €166 - That seller uses DHL and EMS.. Unfortunately on HKG you can't check feedback for each seller, but their delivery times are between 1 - 2 weeks.

Cheaper here but add shipping and Duty/VAT - Aliexpress. Incidentally, if you use DHL you will almost certainly have to pay Duty/VAT.

They claim delivery time within a week using DHL or FEDEX, and have a good rating.

It works out the same as HKG before you add the VAT. So maybe more expensive on Aliexpress.

Ha yea sorry about that!

Yea just looking at HGK, sounds like an interesting option, especially as they dont get done for custom and if you do they refund you so think I'll be going at that.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thoughts on this one please?
    HANNspree Slim 7” Tablet With Android 4.0 and 4GB Flash Drive for €99

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Midia/12912086

okidoki987 wrote: »

Not too bad. One of the better offers for Tablets available on this side of the Atlantic, or the Western World.

Only gripe would be that it has 512MB of RAM, which isn't the worst disadvantage, but it is one.

Also, who are midia? Are they the company selling it? If there is a problem, and it's as easy as bringing it back to the store, then i'd go for it. But if it's no more convenient than buying from Amazon or other online retailers, then i'd go for a better/cheaper tablet, Namely any of those in Futeko.

Or any of the tablets on HKG/Aliexpress etc.. Only, if it's a present for someone, They're not so easy to return, should there be a problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Hi guys, I was wondering what you all thought of this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flytouch-Superpad-Sandwich-Allwinner-processor/dp/B008U9LIFY

its a 10" tablet with what seems to be good reviews. not the top of the range but a good comprimise between size,power and price.

i think :o

any comment would be great as i need to buy 4 of these for the kids. I contacted the seller and they ship from the UK so no worries about customs which is a big plus.

soups05 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was wondering what you all thought of this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flytouch-Superpad-Sandwich-Allwinner-processor/dp/B008U9LIFY

its a 10" tablet with what seems to be good reviews. not the top of the range but a good comprimise between size,power and price.

i think :o

any comment would be great as i need to buy 4 of these for the kids. I contacted the seller and they ship from the UK so no worries about customs which is a big plus.

No, no and no again. The worst tablet I ever bought was a FLYTOUCH and I would not touch them with a bargepole!!

Maybe I just got a bad one, but I don't think so.

You could probably get one and see if you are happy with it, if you are well and good, and if not see how the seller deals with a request for a refund.

EDIT: A BIG NO NO, just saw this on the spec: Resitive Two point touch display screen

Resistive screen not worth bothering with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

okidoki987 wrote: »

I'd also like peoples views on this if possible! My gf is looking to order it for her old man for xmas.

Found this review, I assume it's the same model? http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/1293247/hannspree-hannspad-sn70t3

If so, the fact that Google Play is not available is a pain, as well as the low-res screen.

What tablet, for €150 max would people recommend over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I'm no expert (and I'll bow to those that are!!) But after going around and around in circles, I plummed for the novo crystal. Seems to have good support for custom ROMs (if thats your thing)

As it was for a xmas present, purchased from the UK to available of a UK warranty. Its coming in for < €150 (with no hiiden customs charges). But if you plan to get a sd card and a cover you wont have much change left over..

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I ordered some Crystals from Pandawill about 10 days ago, still haven't shipped. Worked out about €100 each, plus whatever customs charge, I guess around €30.
    Futeko are now selling it though for about €135, which is a good deal.

Fizman wrote: »
    I'd also like peoples views on this if possible! My gf is looking to order it for her old man for xmas.

Found this review, I assume it's the same model? http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/1293247/hannspree-hannspad-sn70t3

If so, the fact that Google Play is not available is a pain, as well as the low-res screen.

What tablet, for €150 max would people recommend over this?

For b&m shops,Argos have tablets like this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088670/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

Or these: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=CNM&authToken=

A bit more than €150 but comparable prices for similar sized screens & specs that are available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Ordered two Eken W70 tablets from futeko.com (UK) on Monday night (think I got the last two black ones), delivered to my local Parcel Motel (Ashbourne) last night. Worked out at just over €80 each, impressed with them so far. They play Minecraft ok, which was a definite requirement!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi all,

Have been following this thread for a while now and think I'm about to jump in.

But can anyone tell me the discernable differences between the;

Ainol Nova Mars for 86 euro it's only 1ghz processor but 1 G RAM and 8 GB memory.

or the

Ekin w 70 with 1.5 ghz chip and only 0.5 g RAM and 8 G for 77 euro

or

the op tablet which I can get from UK for 70 euro.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I would go for the Ainol for a couple of reasons...

1. More RAM is better than a faster CPU. Android is heavily RAM bound up to 1GB, so you want to be there before worrying about clock cycles.

2. The Ainol is well supported in the custom ROM community. Even if the manufacturer turns their back, CyanogenMod and the likes will deliver the next couple of Android releases at least. The McPad is not supported right now.

3. It is definitely boot-unlocked. The OP one is too, but I know nothing of the other one.
    FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have been following this thread for a while now and think I'm about to jump in.

But can anyone tell me the discernable differences between the;

Ainol Nova Mars for 86 euro it's only 1ghz processor but 1 G RAM and 8 GB memory.

or the

Ekin w 70 with 1.5 ghz chip and only 0.5 g RAM and 8 G for 77 euro

or

the op tablet which I can get from UK for 70 euro.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Good tablet for a 10 year old boy that loves gaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

efb wrote: »
    Good tablet for a 10 year old boy that loves gaming?

I wouldn't mark is as a gaming tablet to be honest.
    It should however, be able to handle most of the game apps that are on offer in the Android market.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

Similar question for me:

Is the Ainol Crystal worth the extra over the Mars or the Eken W70? Will be using it mainly for web and games for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone thinking of buying of aliexpress, then look at Elijah store.

I ordered on Friday , left Hong Kong at 3:40 Wednesday morning , arrived in cork sorting office at 8:30 morning. DHL shipping
    I should have it tomorrow and I have to pay 20.88 VAT , (Cube u30gt mini)

Should be more VAT but I presume they didn't see the SD card :P

Will have a review soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Hi.i would like to throw this onehere into the mix!

PIPO Smart-S1

features

android jellybean thats right JB:)
    Dual core 1.6GHz
    1gig ram
    HDMI

its in the uk

£66.50

fionnsda wrote: »
    Hi.i would like to throw this onehere into the mix!

PIPO Smart-S1

features

android jellybean thats right JB:)
    Dual core 1.6GHz
    1gig ram
    HDMI

its in the uk

£66.50

I was thinking if you are looking for a sub 100euro tablet, this would be the one to go for, but you would have to be prepared to put up with the screen resolution. 800 x 400 meh.

After having a look at this, I think this would be the ideal one for kids, won't break the bank, and should do most of what they want it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

putting my order in later today for the 10.1 cube u30gt

has anybody got one? for daughter from the man in red....mostly for videos, gaming, music etc....
    going to buy it from ingadget.co.uk

http://ingadget.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=54

i know i can get it cheaper direct from china but these guys take all the chinese stuff off it etc, not into tech stuff so wouldnt be into doing it myself.

also does anybody have the mini 7inch version of it as am thinking of getting it for my younger son. can i use parcel motel with ingadget?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

Thanks to OP
    Ordered two of the original 7" from Mcbub last Thursday & shipped via EMS.
    Arrived this morning and no mention of customs so far.
    Total cost €140

aliise wrote: »
    putting my order in later today for the 10.1 cube u30gt

has anybody got one? for daughter from the man in red....mostly for videos, gaming, music etc....
    going to buy it from ingadget.co.uk

http://ingadget.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=54

i know i can get it cheaper direct from china but these guys take all the chinese stuff off it etc, not into tech stuff so wouldnt be into doing it myself.

also does anybody have the mini 7inch version of it as am thinking of getting it for my younger son. can i use parcel motel with ingadget?

From ingadget website spec reads:

Official Android Market :No

No market ? does that not mean that they don't take off all the Chinese stuff and update it for you.

Found this courtesy of a thread on cheap tv's,same crowd make all sorts of electronics.

£119 for the 8gb & £129 for the 16gb,decent specs & cheap for a 10" tablet plus UK based.

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/agora-10-8gb-tablet/
    KUTBL10A08DA
    Camera Front 0.3 MP (VGA)
    Rear 2 MP
    Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth Yes
    USB via microUSB to USB adapter
    Display Resolution 1024 x 768
    Size 10"
    Type IPS, 10-point multi-touch capcitive LCD touchscreen
    General CPU 1GHz ARMv7
    RAM 1024 MB
    Internal storage 8 GB
    OS Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Dimensions 243 x 190 x 12mm
    Weight 545g
    Battery Capacity 8000mAh
    Standby Life 4-5 days
    Type Li-Ion
    Inputs USB 1
    microSD up to 32 GB
    Outputs HDMI 1080p via miniHDMI to HDMI cable (not included)
    Audio out 3.5mm TRS stereo
    Sensors G-Sensor Yes
    What's in the box Kogan Agora 10” Tablet
    Power Cable
    microUSB Cable
    microUSB to USB adapter
    Link to User Manual

Dunno about shipping to Ireland but I assume Parcelmotel will take care of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

How does this stack up? Looks good?

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/agora-10-8gb-tablet/

Advertisement