Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is there a list of confirmed those of us who sent out photos? Just in case you didn't get any that were sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Here is a list of those we are waiting on images from:
    ***YES I know the project team are on there :) We're busy bees!
    CabanSail
    Cork_girl
    Jonnykitedude
    DarrenG
    City-Exile
    faceman
    PopeBuckfastXVI
    5unflower
    nonsequitir
    Nebezpeci_mys
    Morrisseeee
    Buzz_Lightyear
    toe_knee
    feylya
    jjdubya
    Teferi
    ShaneM
    DutchGuy
    thelastdj
    okmqaz42
    Kenny_logins
    The_Snipe
    Audubon
    Kintaro Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I did actually send the image in, just think I forgot to mention my boards.ie username. I just replied to your mail there at lunch time so you should have that there now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Uh oh. I sent my image last night. :(

I'll drop Darren a message

faceman wrote: »
    Uh oh. I sent my image last night. :(

I'll drop Darren a message

Where did you send it to? It should have been sent to boardsbook@gmail.com and not to Darren :)

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »

Where did you send it to? It should have been sent to boardsbook@gmail.com and not to Darren :)

Yeah I sent it to that address. It was a 6mb file, could that be why it didn't go through?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mine is on it's way now.

Yeah I sent it to that address. It was a 6mb file, could that be why it didn't go through?

No sign of it, I checked spam etc. but don't see it anywhere. Can you try again? Is it possible to reduce the file size a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Mine's on the way, either tonight or first thing tomorrow, if that's OK ?! :o

No sign of it, I checked spam etc. but don't see it anywhere. Can you try again? Is it possible to reduce the file size a little?

Yeah no probs. Won't be able to do it though till later on after 8 but will get it across ASAP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Sent mine last night (again), after problems with it not being there as attachment? Let me know if there were still any problems with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Picture sent. Thanks for doing this :)

Teferi wrote: »
    Picture sent. Thanks for doing this :)

Didn't get any email!

Mine's on the way, either tonight or first thing tomorrow, if that's OK ?! :o

As soon as possible please - we are very tight for time!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Anything up to 10Mb should be fine by email though it will depend on your provider. If you send and don't get a bounce back with transmission problems or errors then your email must have gone somewhere so worth checking your email transaction logs.
    Maybe for those having problems with emailing large sized image files you could set up an ftp account, upload only, with username and password sent in two seperate pm's with the account closing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

mikka631 wrote: »
    Anything up to 10Mb should be fine by email though it will depend on your provider. If you send and don't get a bounce back with transmission problems or errors then your email must have gone somewhere so worth checking your email transaction logs.
    Maybe for those having problems with emailing large sized image files you could set up an ftp account, upload only, with username and password sent in two seperate pm's with the account closing on Sunday.

Gmail allows emails of over 20mb AFAIK. So if your provider doesn't allow large emails just open a gmail account and send it!

Yeah no probs. Won't be able to do it though till later on after 8 but will get it across ASAP!

Got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Just sent, let me know you got it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Got caught in Cork last night till the wee hours. I'm just finishing off a shot and I'll pop it across shortly

Buzzzzz

Just sent, let me know you got it ok?

got it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Didn't get any email!

Okay sorry about that! Must have been a problem with my provider. Have sent again from an old hotmail account.

Ok a new list of images we have not received.. some (4) have also not made payments. Ahem :eek: If you think you have made payment/submitted an image - please send us a mail to find out what is wrong.
    CabanSail
    City-Exile
    nonsequitir
    Buzz_Lightyear
    toe_knee
    thelastdj
    Kenny_logins
    The_Snipe

Got caught in Cork last night till the wee hours. I'm just finishing off a shot and I'll pop it across shortly

Buzzzzz

Ah sure there's worse places you could be stuck ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Really sorry folks, classic mail sitting in the outbox moment. You should have my shot now.
    Sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Sent mine there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bernarddunne

Ok a new list of images we have not received.. some (4) have also not made payments. Ahem :eek: If you think you have made payment/submitted an image - please send us a mail to find out what is wrong.

I've paid, I just couldn't get to my photo archive last night. Sending shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have a quesition and an idea...
    questions- should there be a seperate thread for talk & ideas (like my ides below) for the Photobook or is this the thread to use?
    My idea- The evening could be a good opportunity to give away/swap any photography related magazines, books etc. that you have at home and you've read.
    I know I have a fair few magazines & the odd book or two (Bryan Peterson) that I've read and could pass on....

dinneenp wrote: »
    I have a quesition and an idea...
    questions- should there be a seperate thread for talk & ideas (like my ides below) for the Photobook or is this the thread to use?
    My idea- The evening could be a good opportunity to give away/swap any photography related magazines, books etc. that you have at home and you've read.
    I know I have a fair few magazines & the odd book or two (Bryan Peterson) that I've read and could pass on....

This thread is fine for any and all discussion of the launch night - no need for extra threads :)

Sounds like a good idea, see what people come up with perhaps? The only thing I would say is that many people will be on what I hope will be a photowalk that day, so won't want to be carrying anything with them.. plus we will be going to a pub for drinks later and I for one am bad at minding things once I have had a few! The book will be my main focus of things not to lose ;)

Ok, at the moment we are still missing photos from the following:
    CabanSail
    City-Exile
    Buzz_Lightyear
    toe_knee
    thelastdj
    The_Snipe

If you have sent it and are in this list - please try to resend. Otherwise we need to find another alternative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Ok, at the moment we are still missing photos from the following:

If you have sent it and are in this list - please try to resend. Otherwise we need to find another alternative!

They had a deadline with plenty of notice. The book needs to be uploaded to the publisher asap so please get them in this weekend :)

Advertisement