Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

We have a green light! Dec. 1st it is, in Dublin Camera Club :) Thank you to Xia for organising!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Probably a question that's already been answered but what sort of size photos should be submitted please?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

magnumlady wrote: »
    Probably a question that's already been answered but what sort of size photos should be submitted please?

I'm not sure if there actually was any minimum or maximum size/resolution set, but my guess would be that ideal resolution is 300dpi or higher, where 240dpi would be minimum for printing.

The chart on the link below would then determine the dimensions of the image, depending on whether you want to participate in the print auction or not.

http://sickfish.deviantart.com/art/ISO-paper-size-pixel-reference-76419621

Please feel free to correct me, somebody, if I'm wrong...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

do we have to choose an image that's the same orientation as the book format?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

do we have to choose an image that's the same orientation as the book format?

No, I wouldn't think so. If you would prefer to submit a photo in portrait, please feel free to do so... I'm sure there were 'non-landscape format' pix included in the book before. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

It can be landscape or portrait. The book will be landscape.

I received a PayPal payment today from Sean Smyth. Could please PM me so I know your username on boards. Please also include your email address you used for the payment so I can confirm it's you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'm Sean Smyth #lifeofbrian ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

DarrenG wrote: »
    I received a PayPal payment today from Sean Smyth. Could please PM me so I know your username on boards. Please also include your email address you used for the payment so I can confirm it's you.
    That would be my brother.
    His user name is im...LOST on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Payment sent.

Darren, thanks for facilitating the Paypal payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Payment sent
    and photo now submitted

Thanks very much to all the people working on this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hey Darren, thanks for letting us use your account. Question - do we need a paypal account to pay into yours?

Teferi wrote: »
    Hey Darren, thanks for letting us use your account. Question - do we need a paypal account to pay into yours?

I've no idea but if you want to pay by bank transfer I'll send you my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Teferi wrote: »

If you have a credit card you can pay into the account. Darren can send an invoice if needed.

DarrenG wrote: »
    I've no idea but if you want to pay by bank transfer I'll send you my details.

Yeah, would that be possible? I don't have a credit card so can't pay with that.

Let me know how much your bank charges will be and I'll add that to the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks Darren for looking after this. Money sent.

Money sent. Thanks for doing this Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Payment sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

All systems go! I've sent an email to a few people (that were in previous books) to remind about the payment deadline, in case they hadn't seen PM's. Deadline for payment is tonight.. so please get the monies in if you have been putting it on the long finger! (I better go do that now then, ahem!)

The book colour has been chosen and will remain a SURPRISE!

As soon as you know what image you want to submit, send it in. The earlier the better! Gives Darren a chance to build the book and not be left with a huge bulk of work at the end.

Anyone want to commit to organising a Photowalk for the 1st December - the day of the launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Payment just sent there, now..................the fun begins, what photo to select :eek::o:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

..................the fun begins, what photo to select :eek::o:confused:

Still struggling with picking a photo, thought I had one picked but then wasn't sure if it would be any good for print auction. Decisions, decisions all part of the fun of BPB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I asked family today about a few shots, both picked the one I wanted, but both had different opinions on how to crop it!!!!

Thank God for friends :)

They're my next port of call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Photo sent a minute ago - payment a couple of days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

Payment sent by a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Payment Sent on:25 October 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Payment sent yesterday. I left a paypal comment to say it was myself. Ill have the image sent over by the end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Could we have the size of the page please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Im in the middle of uploading the image, only to discover I havn't a clue how to get a copy of the Paypal receipt:confused:
    I received an email with a transaction number but im not sure where to find the link within the paypal account to be able to save this for emailing onwards.

Please advise if there is a simplified way of doing this:D
    Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

MissusP&B's pic sent so you should have both of ours now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Paymemt sent, same email as username Darren.
    Square format image submitted. I hope it came through Cork Girl.

Looking foward to seeing the book soon.

Advertisement