Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Really sorry, but have summed up the pros and cons of this trip, and between the travelling on my own, and finances I've decided not to go, its just too far and too expensive.

Am looking forward to receiving the book. Hopefully I'll have a place sorted in time for next years event:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi all,
    It's just over a week away. I'm getting excited & have a few questions...
    1. What time is the book launch at & what's the name/address of the location?
    2. How many people are expected to turn up for the launch? (is it just us & friends, has the media been invited etc.)
    3. what's the format for the launch? (who is speaking etc.)
    4. does anyone have a specific/recommended blurb for me/us to use if publicising the launch/book over social media?
    5. @SinisterDexter- do you have a route for the photowalk roughly planned?
    Can you PM me your mobile please in case I’m late/lost etc.?
    6. Do we have any rough numbers for amount of people who'll go on the photowalk?
    7. what's the latest news on the auction?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'll answer what I can and leave the others to the rest of the team
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi all,
    1. What time is the book launch at & what's the name/address of the location? 8pm Dublin Camera Club, 10 Lower Camden Street
    2. How many people are expected to turn up for the launch? (is it just us & friends, has the media been invited etc.)
    3. what's the format for the launch? (who is speaking etc.) Probably just the 2 speakers on the night, then the book will be revealed :eek:
    4. does anyone have a specific/recommended blurb for me/us to use if publicising the launch/book over social media?
    6. Do we have any rough numbers for amount of people who'll go on the photowalk?
    7. what's the latest news on the auction?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

DarrenG wrote: »
    I'll answer what I can and leave the others to the rest of the team
    Originally Posted by dinneenp
    Hi all,
    1. What time is the book launch at & what's the name/address of the location? 8pm Dublin Camera Club, 10 Lower Camden Street2. How many people are expected to turn up for the launch? (is it just us & friends, has the media been invited etc.) Bring a friend, more the merrier. Invite media if you like :)
    3. what's the format for the launch? (who is speaking etc.) Probably just the 2 speakers on the night, then the book will be revealed
    4. does anyone have a specific/recommended blurb for me/us to use if publicising the launch/book over social media? It is all on our wordpress blog - check the About me section.
    6. Do we have any rough numbers for amount of people who'll go on the photowalk? It all depends on who turns up on the day :)
    7. what's the latest news on the auction? It will be launched AFTER the book is launched, with prints being auctioned by comment and email, bids updated and then people can choose to purchase the print at the maximum bid price if they wish after that.
    Cheers.
    Dude relax, so many questions!!! :D

mumof2 wrote: »
    Really sorry, but have summed up the pros and cons of this trip, and between the travelling on my own, and finances I've decided not to go, its just too far and too expensive.

Am looking forward to receiving the book. Hopefully I'll have a place sorted in time for next years event:D

Awh that's a real pity, we will be requesting addresses etc. after the launch to send your book :)

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »

Dude relax, so many questions!!! :D
    I'm totally relaxed, dudette.

Im just asking as Ive never been to any kind of book launch before so curious to the workings of it.

I'm totally relaxed, dudette.

Im just asking as Ive never been to any kind of book launch before so curious to the workings of it.

I know that's ok :) It is a very relaxed affair - everyone pitches in to make it a success.

So.. for all of you who offered buns and cake.. get your baking groove on!

Press Release 2012 is now online - please distribute to any contacts you may have to gain some media interest in the book!
    http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/press-release-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Hi all,

I had the route roughly planned, then a good idea got thrown in. Polishing it up now.
    How many? That can never be confirmed until the day and see who turns up - slightest bit of rain scares away the wuss'
    Also because it is a long day/walk people are free to join in along the way.

I will create a thread in this forum and see what the numbers are, and will supply my phone number.

Here is last years for those that are interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75371404

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Still looking for prizes guys, anything at all will do!

Thanks to SinisterDexter for organising a super photowalk for us - all details here!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81895084#post81895084

Still looking for prizes guys, anything at all will do!

I might have something, PM sent.

Where are we thinking we will end up after the Launch?

It's up to Darren :D

A decision will be made tomorrow ;)

As the launch is this Saturday, people generally know at this stage if they will be attending or not (hope you can make it!) but if you can't, please send us an EMAIL with your address for us to post the book to. (boardsbook {at} gmail.com)

Books will be posted out next week (not before the launch).

Hi,
    Does anyone have any photos of Photobooks or previous photobook launches that you'd let me use on my website blog post promoting the launch?
    Currently it's all text and looks a bit plain- link

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Hi,
    Does anyone have any photos of Photobooks or previous photobook launches that you'd let me use on my website blog post promoting the launch?
    Currently it's all text and looks a bit plain- link

there are plenty to be found on pix.ie tagged #photobook #booklaunch. just ask the people who took those, i'm (almost) sure they'll allow you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Would someone be able to pick up my copy of the book? I'm based in Galway, can collect from you!

• Advertisement

Your book cost included postage :) Just email us your address and we will pop in the post for you!

Books have arrived and they look great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cork_girl wrote: »
    please send us an EMAIL with your address for us to post the book to. (boardsbook {at} gmail.com)

Damn, can we not meet up again at our secret rendezvous point in the.............................petrol station :pac:

Only kiddin, e-mail sent.

Damn, can we not meet up again at our secret rendezvous point in the.............................petrol station :pac:

Only kiddin, e-mail sent.

I'm sure if I was being checked out for all the dodgy meetups over the few months last year I looked very suspicious!!

Not long now to the launch :) So who's coming?! :D

Hi,
    I'm living in Galway (just past Claregalway) and working in Parkmore business Park East.
    If anyone's from Gawlay and not going-
    I can pick up your book if you want. The €5 that would have gone on postage will go to the charity instead.
    Just PM me and cork_girl if you want to do this instead.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Keys to DCC in my hands now. All on go:-)

I take it we'll meet again around 6pm to prepare the room.

Oh: And just so that noone gets lost: You're now looking for the big sign for Dublin Camera Club / No. 10. Both on the new sign. (So forget the Dublin Photographic Center sign that used to be there for decades)

If anybody wants to join us for drinks after the launch, we are heading to Against the Grain. We can't reserve tables so get what you can. Upstairs might be the best place.

Well considering I will only be sitting down at 6 in Against the Grain you will be seeing me at 7 in the Camera Club to help set-up... you know, open the bottles of wine... sample them.. :P

Oh and I have a Sharpie or 2.... don't forget yours if you want people to sign your book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

:)
    Would someone be able to pick up my copy of the book? I'm based in Galway, can collect from you!

if you follow thread a bit further... there's this
    Hi,
    I'm living in Galway (just past Claregalway) and working in Parkmore business Park East.
    If anyone's from Gawlay and not going-
    I can pick up your book if you want. The €5 that would have gone on postage will go to the charity instead.
    Just PM me and cork_girl if you want to do this instead.
    Cheers,
    Pa.
    :)

Advertisement