Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tjmer

Hi all I hope you are all well. I have been so busy with work the last few months I
    Haven't had a chance to come on here. I am nearly 33 weeks now but am finding it tougher by the day.

My last pregnancy was a breeze compared to this. I have had everything from sickness, sore boobs, headaches, thrush, piles, tiredness, heartburn and I have been signed off with high blood pressure for the last two weeks on this pregnancy. I go back to work tomorrow but I am not sleeping at night at all so I am tired all day. I want to sleep when it is time to get up! It is exhausting.

Is anybody else having trouble sleeping? Do you have any tips to help me get to sleep at night?

I still have 5 weeks left in work and I have no idea how I will last at this stage.

I hate moaning as I know I am lucky to be having a baby and for it to be healthy but I really am finding it very tough at the moment and just want it to be time to have my baby. I need to start getting some sleep soon or I will lose my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Tjmer wrote: »
    Hi all I hope you are all well. I have been so busy with work the last few months I
    Haven't had a chance to come on here. I am nearly 33 weeks now but am finding it tougher by the day.

My last pregnancy was a breeze compared to this. I have had everything from sickness, sore boobs, headaches, thrush, piles, tiredness, heartburn and I have been signed off with high blood pressure for the last two weeks on this pregnancy. I go back to work tomorrow but I am not sleeping at night at all so I am tired all day. I want to sleep when it is time to get up! It is exhausting.

Is anybody else having trouble sleeping? Do you have any tips to help me get to sleep at night?

I still have 5 weeks left in work and I have no idea how I will last at this stage.

I hate moaning as I know I am lucky to be having a baby and for it to be healthy but I really am finding it very tough at the moment and just want it to be time to have my baby. I need to start getting some sleep soon or I will lose my mind

With my 1st I had real trouble sleeping from 30 weeks on. Here is some tips that helped me:
    • eat slowly and chew thouroughly so that heartburn doesn't keep awake. try not to eat dinner too close to bedtime it very hard to sleep when your digestive system is going full throttle and it can leave you uncomfortable if your too full.
    • avoid anything with caffeine (including chocolate :() from the late afternoon on. seems really obvious but easier sadi than done.
    • warm milk at bedtime not only helps put you to sleep but can also ease heartburn!
    • try and get some excercise (a nice walk even) but not to close to bedtime and those pesky excercise released hormones can keep you awake too.
    • try not to worry about how little sleep you will be getting i.e its now 2am im still awake and have to get up in 4 hours and 37 mins its all good practice for when baby comes :eek:
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I had hosp apt today, baby weighing 4lbs and I'm 34wks. So excited!

I got my labour bag and Hospital bag packed today. Feel such relief having it done! I know I have another six weeks to go!

Labour bag just has- Cellular blanket with the babies outfit wrapped in it, one nappy, one baby gro, one vest, hat, mittens and socks.
    One nightdress, One pair of PJs, 2 pairs of knickers (super large) a pack of disposable for extra. Pack of maternity pads. Slippers. Breast feeding bra and socks. Dressing gown. I'll include my charger, my camera and snacks later.

Hospital bag has in it, 4 sets of PJs bottoms with tops that are good for breast feeding. Breast pads. Maternity Pads. Small pack of nappies (24)
    Water wipes (2 packets) Vaseline, Nappy rash cream. Nipple Cream. Shoes, Flip flops. Two breast feeding bras. Knickers and disposable knickers. Socks. Travel toothbrush and toothpaste set. Travel size shampoo, body wash and wipes. One dark coloured towel. A pack of nappy bags.
    A baby towel with baby towel, 6 vests newborn size, 6 vests 0-3 months, 6 baby gro's newborn size, 6 baby gros 0-3. Hats, socks and scratch mittens. A baby cardigan.

In the car seat I'll have a going home outfit for the baby and a going home outfit for me. So the OH can just bring it up, when I know I'm getting discharged. I'll also have a large pack of newborn nappies left in the car.

Anyone think of anything I'm leaving out?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

In the car seat I'll have a going home outfit for the baby and a going home outfit for me.

This hadn't even occurred to me when I was planning what to pack. Good thing you posted it or I'd have been going home in the clothes I'd arrived in or PJs. :pac:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    This hadn't even occurred to me when I was planning what to pack. Good thing you posted it or I'd have been going home in the clothes I'd arrived in or PJs. :pac:
    o
    Glad to help :). Once i'm home, I'm not going wear anything but PJs for six weeks :D

Is everyone fed up yet? I'm so uncomfortable. Can't even put my own socks on because bump so big! I feel like i've been pregnant forever! Feel like november will never get hear! Ok !oan over! How is everyone else coping?

So who's nearly ready? I'm full term now and the head is engaged so this is suddenly getting very real. I actually still have to pack the bags but we do have everything we need in the house and all the necessary laundry is done. So if I go into labour before the weekend I'll either have time to throw everything together or if he comes very quickly I'll just give birth in the house and won't need bags. ;)

Other than that we're planning on getting the dogs groomed and trimmed so we don't have dog hair everywhere for the first month or so of the baby's life, because I can guarantee I will not be vacuuming regularly for quite a while. And we want to buy them a bunch of toys at the weekend, that they'll get when the baby comes home, so they have something to distract them for the first few days at least.

I have period type pains today. Looking forward to the 5wks to go by. Feeling uncomfortable. I have mostly everything ready.

So we are 37wks and 1 day today! Had appointment on wed with consultant she wanted me back today for scan and ctg monitoring. Baby was head down and today is breech have to decide by next wed do I want them to do a Ecv (turn the baby) or c section...

On the plus side I feel great and I'm finished work on Sunday :)

Hope your all feeling well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

Hey Everyone...Gosh this threat is so quite. I hope this means we are all too busy preparing for THE DAY:) I am almost 37 weeks now...last couple of days at work...Thank God...and reality is starting to sink in...3 weeks left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think my baby is still not head down either. Lat time the midwive checked head was down but not enganged. I can feel a lot of movement though. Iron levels are low too, so touch wood all will be good. How are you all feeling?????

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

Time is flying by!!! Had a scan few days ago and they say baby too small at around 3lb 5oz. Now have to go into hospital twice a week for scans and heart rate monitoring for baby. They also suggested finishing at work.I am feeling fine. Hope all the bumps are well. Not long now.

Cb7 - I think the hospital always err on side of caution regarding babys size! If you feel ok try not to worry. Our 1st was 6lb 4 and they induced me because baby was far too small?!

Was up in the labour ward on Thursday night having pains and reduced movement - pregnancy does not agree with me at all! They sent me home with a prescription for bronchitis... :(

Have another appointment Wednesday to check if baby has decided to turn yet. Still breech at the moment. Please god it will have turned as I really don't fancy the recovery from a section.

Aside from all the complaining I don't feel too bad and at least I know baby will be here soon!
    Hope everyone else is keeping well!

Cb7- how weeks pregnant are you? The hospital cant tell for sure with the weight. Hope all goes well for you! Kaylami- hope baby turns for you! Heard this cab happeb at last minute! Hope you feelung better soon! I've 30 days to go! Si fed up now. I've had period paun the last few days!

How do they know about the size? I only got two scans overall...the good news is: our baby is officially engaged...2 weeks and 4 days to go...and Monday is my first official day of freedom Yippeah:)

Very jealous that your baby is engaged kvicka !

Only 1 week & 4 days for me being sectioned on my due date.

Any of you any tips for heartburn?

Kaylami....you must be so so excited!!!! one week and a bit is nothing:) dont worry about c section at the end of the day it will be fine and at least you know exactly when the baby will be here:) I think drinking warm milk is meant to help try and take it first thing in the morning also try and avoid bitter fruit and veg and coffee...The very best of luck with everything and keep us updated:)

Thanks kvicka!

I know it's no time at all got a bit of a shock its Thursday week! Baby was dancing all night my ribs are in bits altogether but maybe he/she decided to turn so fingers crossed!

My 3 year old informed me this morning that she couldn't sleep because her baby brother was making too much noise last night .... She is going to get a shock when baby does arrive :)

As far as I know you Usually only get one scan, but beacuse my placenta was in the wrong position at 14 weeks they booked me in for another scan at 35 weeks. Think I just have small babies my first was 5lb 8oz at full term but they did not realise unitil baby was born. There seems to be a lot of other people having the same done as me - scans and heart rate monitoring. Bit of pain it being twice a week. They are just being cautious. Officially on maternity leave!!! Yipee.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Kaylami wrote: »
    Very jealous that your baby is engaged kvicka !

Only 1 week & 4 days for me being sectioned on my due date.

Any of you any tips for heartburn?

Ginger helps.
    Pukka have a gorgeous 3 ginger tea which is worth a try,or ginger ale.

• Advertisement

I'm finding the acid reflux a nightmare. Living off Gaviscon and yogurt. Nothing really helps, it just soothes it a little!

27 days and counting. Excited and nervous about labour. Wish I could fast forward to a week after delivery. I think it's the unknown that's scaring me the most.

Feel like i'm never going to have the baby! I'll probably be 2wks over due just because i'm so impatient :)

Got hospital appointment at the end of the month. I dying to know if babys head is engaged. He has been head down since week 26ish. I am wondering will I know myself if his head is engaged?

Everyone else feeling impatient? How are you all feeling?

anyone have period styled cramps with their braxton hicks?

anyone have period styled cramps with their braxton hicks?

Feels very much like my period. Sometimes when I go to the bathroom I'm almost surprised not to see blood as my brain just associates the feeling with my period. My midwife said it's the feeling of the baby's head burrowing down.

I'm not impatient at all. It's so weird, I was a mass of impatience from my positive test until about halfway through week 36, and time draggggggggeeeedddd. For the last few weeks I've decided I'm just not ready and time is flying. I'm just used to being pregnant*, it's like that's my permanent state now. The idea that I'll soon not be (due in 8 days) and will instead have a baby to look after seems unlikely.

*That said it's pretty awful being pregnant. At some point yesterday something weird happened to my pelvis and I can't really move my left leg properly and I feel a lot of pain if I move my right leg too much. Getting on and off the bed is a mammoth task.

Had my appointment today. Mixed feelings they ARE going to try and turn baby after all booked in for Tuesday if that doesn't work a section Thursday .... I dunno anymore.

Some people say when babys head us engaged you experience a "lightening" and you can breathe mire easily but I never experienced it myself!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Almost there for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

A friend of mine was due her baby 7th November and had her baby today!!!2 weeks early!7lbs 3oz too!-a great weight for an early baby-ya?

Let me know how you get on with the ECV Kaylami. I am in the smae situation almost 36 weeks so hopefully baby will turn. Good luck

Hi Girls,

Getting really exciting now! I can't wait until Thursday and we can say we are in November! woohoo. I'm super uncomfortable. I am doing the penguin walk and feeling really uncomfortable but I'm also excited about giving birth and meeting my little boy :)

I'm not looking forward to staying in hospital at all but It has to be done and I am hoping it will go fast as the few days after birth are probably just a blur.

I got loads of baby clothes from a Friend who had twins a couple of months ago. I'm delighted. The stuff is gorgeous and really new looking. I'll be stocked up on clothes for awhile now!

Hope is everyone sleeping? Anyone felt the baby engaged yet?
    I think my bump is still pretty high.

Hope you are all feeling well!

Had my ECV today was uncomfortable feel like I got kicked in the stomach and baby would not budge :(

Looks like he/ she will be here Thursday by section!

Had my ECV today was uncomfortable feel like I got kicked in the stomach and baby would not budge :(

Looks like he/ she will be here Thursday by section!

Wow Kaylami - this Thursday!!!!!
    I am busy doing exercises and burning moxa (acupuncture technique) to try and get baby to turn.
    Still not turned.

• Advertisement

Cb7 I'm glad I gave the ECV a go it was sore but not unbearable. The doctor gave up in the end because baby just wasn't budging.

I don't think it's really hit me yet that baby will be here tomorrow eek!!!!

Advertisement