Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2012

Options
  • 11-04-2012 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I appear to be the first to arrive here who is due in November 2012.

We are over the moon as I am just over 8 weeks gone on my second pregnancy. My first is a little girl who is 18 months old. First pregnancy was a breeze - no sickness, no pains, no headaches - this pregnancy is a little different though. I have been feeling sick every day for the last 4 weeks and have some cramping and headaches. The tiredness is pretty bad at the moment too but that could be down to the 18 month old :p

Please join me and share your stories. I might feel a bit better knowing there are others out there going through the same :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

My fiancee is expecting in november, am delighted.
    I'm excited, it's our first child.

We're due to be married next May, but it's not as a result of the pregnancy she's just 8 weeks gone, anyway I don't feel any different nor am I anxious about what's to come, I'm good with Kids always have been just means more responsibility in 7 months.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and can't wait...

It was pretty special seeing that heartbeat flicker tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tjmer

Hi Sreg utek

Congratulations. It's very exciting. It will totally change your life for the better. I can't remember life without my daughter and she is only 18 months old :)

I appear to be due around the same date as your fiancé. We can compare notes over the next 7 months!

I'm sure we will find more friends along the way too before our little ones arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 likedaddy

i was here last week but thought it might be too early to start a nov one. i'm due end of nov or start of dec. still have to find out for sure.
    my first and i'm hoping everything goes well.
    killer cramps i feel like i've been run over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi All!

Congratulations everone! Im also due in late November. can i ask for your experiences and compare them to mine? My normal weight in bout 9 1/2 stone. Pre-pregnancy i used to walk for an hour everyday without fail and eat very healthily... dinner consisting of a bit of meat, spuds and a tonne of veges! Now im 8 1/2 weeks preggers and cant stand the sight of nearly anything healthy! I havent really been getting sick but feel nauseaous in the the morning. The smell, texture, taste and even thought of any kind of vegetables makes me feel sick. However, the thought of carbs and bread and junk is just fine so thats what I seem to be able to eat! Im up for work at 7am 5 mornings a week and by the time I get home at about 4pm Im too tired for anything other than bed. I rest for a couple hours when I get home with all the intentions of walking in the evening but I am still just too tired! So basically... the carb and junk and the lack of exercise are basically making me feeling completely bloated! I hear you dont really put on too much weight in the first 12 weeks but i have put on a bit! not an excesive amount... but enough to make me realise that if this keeps up I will be huuuge by 9 months!!!! Has anyone any experiences like this????

Hi Sligo1, I am finding it really hard to eat proper food too. Like you i'm up early 5 days for work, up for 6 and in work til usually half 4. normally i'd have lots of fruit but i cant face it so i'm on the crisps and anything salty.
    Trying to decide what to eat for dinners is a nightmare too. i've a freezer full of fish and i cant look at the stuff nevermind try to eat it. could be a long few months and i'll be the size of a house. i'm hoping it'll settle down at 12 weeks and i can move again. i started running late last year and love walking but now i have to force myself to even go for a slow walk and i'd love to spend the day in bed - if only i could sleep when i was there. Please tell me this wont last!

Still i'm loving that theres a little person on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Hi

Thought I'd join this thread as I'm due at the end of November:) Just back from spending a couple of days in the hospital due to the fact that I'm a diabetic, they had to change my insulin etc etc.
    Got to do a scan while I was there, which was pretty cool:)

And cograts to everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

likedaddy wrote: »
    Hi Sligo1, I am finding it really hard to eat proper food too. Like you i'm up early 5 days for work, up for 6 and in work til usually half 4. normally i'd have lots of fruit but i cant face it so i'm on the crisps and anything salty.
    Trying to decide what to eat for dinners is a nightmare too. i've a freezer full of fish and i cant look at the stuff nevermind try to eat it. could be a long few months and i'll be the size of a house. i'm hoping it'll settle down at 12 weeks and i can move again. i started running late last year and love walking but now i have to force myself to even go for a slow walk and i'd love to spend the day in bed - if only i could sleep when i was there. Please tell me this wont last!

Still i'm loving that theres a little person on the way.

Tell me about it!!! I actually feel bad for complaining seeing there is such a good thing to come! But just worried about the weight gain is all and lack of exercise!

I totally agree!! I cant even face dinners!! But having said that.... I have a really big appetite at lunchtime... not for the obvious salad and vege tho. Today I had a big plate of chips and a wrap aswell! haha... well i spose at least im keeping it down. Just feel bad bout not wanting the healthy stuff. I just hope by week 12 things will start to relax a bit and i'll be able to get out and have the motivation to walk again and not sleep all day! Feel asleep at my desk at work today..... o how glorious would it be to have a month off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi All,

Can I jump onboard? I'm due mid November.

Congrats everyone.

I've just finished a 2 hour nap - which should keep me going till bedtime in another hour! I'm glad everyone is the same re: tiredness. I'm also working long days and am fit for nothing when I get home. I have all these great plans to put on washing etc, and all I end up doing is falling asleep on the sofa.

I'm glad everyone else is the same regarding eating also. What I feel like eating appears to change from day to day - but its always unhealthy. My oh has been making all the dinners as I physically can't face it.

Is anyone else really teary? My OH had to go home to his parents this weekend, and although he has dinner and everything ready for me, I can't stop crying. Just finished crying at Glee - and if anyone says a wrong word to me I well up as well. Can win :rolleyes: I'm only put on about 1lb so happy with that for now. At least I've no morning sickness :D

Have scan on next Tue. Will be 9 +6 so looking forward to that. when is everyone elses scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Hi all, we are expecting our 1st on 11 nov.

Can't wait, seems so long away!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mimsie

Hi
    I thought i'd join too! I'm due November 26th with baby no.4. Looking forward to it but a little apprehensive aswell. Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm due in early November, the 4th according to my last period and the 5th according to my dating scan at 7 weeks. Though at my scan today it measured 5 days ahead which would put me at Halloween but the doctor said the 7 week scan is more accurate for dates and I probably just have a big baby. (And a terrified vagina.)

11bk8wl.png
    11 weeks (plus 5 days growth).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

iguana wrote: »
    I'm due in early November, the 4th according to my last period and the 5th according to my dating scan at 7 weeks. Though at my scan today it measured 5 days ahead which would put me at Halloween but the doctor said the 7 week scan is more accurate for dates and I probably just have a big baby. (And a terrified vagina.)

11bk8wl.png

wow - that is such a cool scan.... congrats. I've mine tomorrow. Hopefully it goes as well as yours!

Dinkie wrote: »
    wow - that is such a cool scan.... congrats. I've mine tomorrow. Hopefully it goes as well as yours!

It was very cool, I wish I had a video of it. At first the baby was asleep but the doc prodded until it woke up and then it started waving it's arms and legs about and wiggling it's body. It was brilliant. The best bit was the split second where it put it's hand to it's face and you could see a great image of all it's fingers.

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well and also that you get a good night's sleep tonight.;)

so how did the scan go. mine is ages away not till the tue after the bank hol. i'll be 11w 2d then. feels ages away.
    i seem to be living on crisps thats not good right. oh well hopefully i'll snap out of that soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lemoncake

Hey im new and due 1st November with my first! Just wondering how some of ye guys are getting scans already, shouldn't it be around 20weeks? I don't have a clue how this works... I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel much better, not tired and sick all day, just the odd spell of neusea :D loads more energy too its great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

I'm due November 17. This is my first pregnancy. I had two bleeds already but got early scans and baby was fine. Got my 13 weeks scan in May. I don't have any morning sickness but I'm super tired!

Anyone else finding it a nightmare on trying to avoid foods that are bad for baby, esp when eating out in cafes etc.?

lemoncake wrote: »
    Hey im new and due 1st November with my first! Just wondering how some of ye guys are getting scans already, shouldn't it be around 20weeks? I don't have a clue how this works... I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel much better, not tired and sick all day, just the odd spell of neusea :D loads more energy too its great!

I got three early scans in Rotunda because of bleeds. Baby was fine though. I have my 13wk scan in May. I thought everyone got a 12/13 week scan?
    I would hate if i had to wait until 20wks! I'm so impatient. What hospital you going too??

I had major abdominal surgery in January so had a couple of early scans to make sure everything was going correctly.

We made our general facebook announcement today.
    529072_437652339583894_100000173950733_1922249_190869953_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mimsie

iguana wrote: »
    I had major abdominal surgery in January so had a couple of early scans to make sure everything was going correctly.

We made our general facebook announcement today.
    529072_437652339583894_100000173950733_1922249_190869953_n.jpg

I love the facebook announcement!!

I got three early scans in Rotunda because of bleeds. Baby was fine though. I have my 13wk scan in May. I thought everyone got a 12/13 week scan?
    I would hate if i had to wait until 20wks! I'm so impatient. What hospital you going too??
    I be going to UCHGalway. I went to doctor at 5weeks and basically she just said come back in another 5weeks. I did and got bloods etc done then, felt the apt was very rushed and not very informative. She did fill out forms and said she would send them of but I didn't get the chance to ask what comes next or any other questions...

• Advertisement

I had a scan early because I had to go in to hospital for 2 days because I'm a diabetic, so they did a scan before they let me go home.
    But normally it seem to be that the first scan is around 20 weeks as you said :)

Lucky you to have loads of energy, unfortunately I'm still wrecked :P

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Was just feeling abit neglected :D after reading lots online i see most get the first scan between 12-14 weeks. I think now that's if there's complications or if its a private scan. As i havent told anybody about my pregnancy yet its hard to find out the information i want. Expect for my partner of course but he knows less then me :D i still gag abit in the morning and evening but usually smells start that. Hope your feeling better too soon, its great being able to cook dinners again and just gettin back to your general routine.

I'm feeling very freaking fat atm:p Not liking my bloated tummy at all... I really look pregnant and I'm only 8 weeks now, can't even imagine the size I'll be in a couple of months time even.

i'm not allowed keep my dr as she's too old and apparently they're not allowed do maternity work so i had to go to a new dr. My normal one said to ring the hospital and ask for a neonatal appointment so i did. they asked my dates and then sent me out an appointment for an 11w scan. i'm not complaining glad i'm getting one think i'd go mad if i had to wait till 20w.
    Still have to go meet my new dr think i'm doing that next week. dont want to change stupid rules.

I did another scan today, I'm 11 weeks + now. Everything looked good, always nice and reassuring to hear:)

How are the rest of you getting on?

had scan yesterday, got a little wave so happy all is looking good so far. just over 10wks so skirting in as a late nov baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Congratulations everone! Im also due in late November. can i ask for your experiences and compare them to mine? My normal weight in bout 9 1/2 stone. Pre-pregnancy i used to walk for an hour everyday without fail and eat very healthily... dinner consisting of a bit of meat, spuds and a tonne of veges! Now im 8 1/2 weeks preggers and cant stand the sight of nearly anything healthy! I havent really been getting sick but feel nauseaous in the the morning. The smell, texture, taste and even thought of any kind of vegetables makes me feel sick. However, the thought of carbs and bread and junk is just fine so thats what I seem to be able to eat! Im up for work at 7am 5 mornings a week and by the time I get home at about 4pm Im too tired for anything other than bed. I rest for a couple hours when I get home with all the intentions of walking in the evening but I am still just too tired! So basically... the carb and junk and the lack of exercise are basically making me feeling completely bloated! I hear you dont really put on too much weight in the first 12 weeks but i have put on a bit! not an excesive amount... but enough to make me realise that if this keeps up I will be huuuge by 9 months!!!! Has anyone any experiences like this????

Hi Sligo1 just thought I'd nose my way in here :D congrats everyone. Sligo I was very healthy before I became pregnant, but like you couldn't stand the sight or smell of food. Just eat what you can. It tends to pass from about 12 weeks, sometimes later for others. I found I was exhausted for the first 14 weeks. Then it passed and I got a huge surge of energy for weeks on end! Good luck and hope it all goes well for you :D Don't worry about the weight thing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 safarigirl

Hi I am also due in November, the 16th which is my hubbys birthday he is not keen to share ha ha!!
    I have a 9 month old girl so being 3 months pregnant is a bit over welming at times. I am sick and tiered most of the time have no energy for anything, except eating lots of food...:)
    Anyone going to the cumh????? congrate s to all due in November!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi everyone can I join you?

Firstly Congrats to all :)

Im due November 1st with my second.
    Had my first scan on Tuesday and measuring exactly 16weeks. :D

Being taken back for another scan @ 22 weeks.

• Advertisement

Hi all, I got my 13 wk scan on Friday, turns out that the baby was 5 days older than I thought! I'm 14wks today!!

I never had bad morning sickness. My main symptoms were Hormones out of control and tiredness! I still feel really tired but my hormones have calmed down a bit.

The baby was moving like mad on the scan. It was amazing to watch.
    It's crazy the instant love and protectiveness you feel.

I am planning on breast feeding but you never know what might happen. I'm keeping my mind open. Really looking forward o me 22wk scan and finding out if it's a boy or a girl :)

Good luck everyone!

Advertisement