Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Shadyk wrote: »
    Hi everyone just found forum, due either nov 05th / 08th / 12th nov first baby, in limerick. Hope everyone is feeling well!

Hey ShadyK!Welcome to the forum- I'm in Limerick too!I'm due around the end of November?How are you and your bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shadyk

hi littlemissteach, me n bump doing great thanks! How about you? Went for swim today and baby started wriggling about not sure what was going on, v entertaining. Wish s/he would move more often anyone else obsessed with movements?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Got anomaly scan and baby is healthy :). It's kicking all the time now. I'm getting used to when it kicks and when it doesn't. The doctor said babies sleep so we are not going to feel the kicking all the time!

I have my pram and a few other bits and pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 red27

Glad your scans went well, Mines friday morning cannot wait, Kicking only in the evening, best feeling ever,

as for stuff i went a bit mad as i feel ill never be ready
    Pram ordered, have a moses basket, swing, bouncer, Cot(was a present not allowed into the house till Nov) then i went and got blankets, bibs, socks, baby gros and vests for the hospital. Decided that i would spend a few bob every payday and start stocking up, dunnes had a brill baby sale on, Oh and iv like a LOT of new born nappies (they were on sale)

Sooo i think im a little ahead with myself..... Ah well!!

Wow!!!Ye are all so organised!!We have bought....NOTHING!!!Yikes, I'm feeling the pressure!!

We had our anomaly scan last Wednesday,baby's fine n healthy and we're having a boy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

Hey guys, am due first baba on Nov 4 th. Found out at last scan that its a boy ... Makes it all a bit more real!! Based in lk too. Haven't a thing organized. Had a look at buggies in mothercare one day alright which left me completely puzzled. Better get goin on d research!!! Exciting times ... Everything is so new and unknown!!

red27 wrote: »
    Glad your scans went well, Mines friday morning cannot wait, Kicking only in the evening, best feeling ever,

as for stuff i went a bit mad as i feel ill never be ready
    Pram ordered, have a moses basket, swing, bouncer, Cot(was a present not allowed into the house till Nov) then i went and got blankets, bibs, socks, baby gros and vests for the hospital. Decided that i would spend a few bob every payday and start stocking up, dunnes had a brill baby sale on, Oh and iv like a LOT of new born nappies (they were on sale)

Sooo i think im a little ahead with myself..... Ah well!!

You are really organized :) Were did you get the new born nappies? I can't see them anywhere! I can't believe how cheap Penneys is for baby clothes. It's great. Hope your scan goes well, are you going to find out what it is?
    Wow!!!Ye are all so organised!!We have bought....NOTHING!!!Yikes, I'm feeling the pressure!!

We had our anomaly scan last Wednesday,baby's fine n healthy and we're having a boy!!

Congratulations! You still have loads of time! I haven't got that much in. I bought the Pram because it was on sale in Mama and Papas. The cot is next on the list!
    Excited wrote: »
    Hey guys, am due first baba on Nov 4 th. Found out at last scan that its a boy ... Makes it all a bit more real!! Based in lk too. Haven't a thing organized. Had a look at buggies in mothercare one day alright which left me completely puzzled. Better get goin on d research!!! Exciting times ... Everything is so new and unknown!!

Congratulations! I got my buggie in Mamas and Papas after hours of shopping around and being confused and stressed. Found the perfect buggy reduced. It's a travel system. So easy to use. I found mothercare way too expensive!

I got new born in boots i got their brand 42 nappies for 4euro my friend told me to get there brand as the first day of nappies are not good!! I then got huggies in the dunnes baby sale an got a pack of pampers in boots. They were 3 euro, decided while there on sale why not!! Think iv like 200. Woman in boots said there would be another baby sale prob aug as september has the highest births, so keep an eye
    Im not gona find out i want the suprise ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shadyk

Wow a wealth of info here ladies!! I have been asking random women how they find their travel systems like a crazy lady in a bid to figure out which is best, people are so helpful. One lady told me to check out World of Wonder beside Aldi / Travel lodge on the Dublin Rd, Limerick they have a good selection and good prices too. Haven't stockpiled any nappies yet, how do you guess how long they'll be in each size yikes??

Shadyk wrote: »
    Wow a wealth of info here ladies!! I have been asking random women how they find their travel systems like a crazy lady in a bid to figure out which is best, people are so helpful. One lady told me to check out World of Wonder beside Aldi / Travel lodge on the Dublin Rd, Limerick they have a good selection and good prices too. Haven't stockpiled any nappies yet, how do you guess how long they'll be in each size yikes??
    I'm exactly the same quizzing people like a mad lady!! You get conflicting advice at times so u have to try t filter through what people say. Hadnt realised that world of wonder wud stock buggies. Mamas & papas on ballysimon rd supposed to have gd range (as sleepy trees said). Also friend recently got maxi cosi travel system in sale in Smyths and is delighted with it. Another friend picked her buggy fm shop, then ordered it on line for way cheaper. On hols at the min so don't have the website but will post it when home. Re nappies, people seem t say to only buy a couple of packets of new born ones. I don't know anythin bout sizes either. Hopefully someone can advise us!!

• Advertisement

Also ... Just wondering if others going to bathrm loads during d night already??Made about 6 trips last night!!! Grand when on hols. Not sure how it'll be when have to function at work!!!

I'm exactly the same quizzing people like a mad lady!! You get conflicting advice at times so u have to try t filter through what people say. Hadnt realised that world of wonder wud stock buggies. Mamas & papas on ballysimon rd supposed to have gd range (as sleepy trees said). Also friend recently got maxi cosi travel system in sale in Smyths and is delighted with it. Another friend picked her buggy fm shop, then ordered it on line for way cheaper. On hols at the min so don't have the website but will post it when home. Re nappies, people seem t say to only buy a couple of packets of new born ones. I don't know anythin bout sizes either. Hopefully someone can advise us!!

There's a Mama's and Papa's on the Ballysimon Road????Where??Or are you talking about the new nursery store, they don't stock Mama's n Papa's though- I would be very interested in a Mamas n Papas store in Limerick, cos the travel system I saw in world of wonder that I liked best is Mamas and Papas- deffo go to World Of wonder, there's a girl there in the nursery dept and she went through travel systems, cots/cribs etc with us for about 40 mins, she was no way pushy, so helpful.Symths have a sale at the mo, good offer on the Graco Symbio if you're interested.I didn't like the Nursery Store on Ballysimon-they were really pushy there as regards the Uppababy Vista buggy/carrycot....really bad choice in Limerick :-( Anyone know anywhere else in Limerick that stocks Mamas and papas- Must head to the Tralee Nursery Supplies, have heard they have a good range of stuff-anyone been?

Also ... Just wondering if others going to bathrm loads during d night already??Made about 6 trips last night!!! Grand when on hols. Not sure how it'll be when have to function at work!!!

Iv stopped the one million midnight trips but some days in work im up and down like a yoyo, My boss is cool he doesnt mind, I was so tired from being up in the middle of the night in work tho, Thank god its passed,

as for nappies went for 7lbs upwards, wont be buying any more till baba arrives,

Ok this is prob a really stupid question, but like how many nappies should I be getting??Like how many does a baby go through in a day?

I asked the same question thinking one thing of 24 nappies would do me while in the hospital till my mam said a LOT more than 24!! so i have like over 100 in different weights,

boots brand for the hospital as you know all the "tar" stuff my mate said not to waste money on pampers or huggies till that phase has passed(couple of days). boots ones give you the best for your money anyways you can get 48 nappies for under a fiver, Then whatever suits your baby ie wetness ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭ariana`

Ok this is prob a really stupid question, but like how many nappies should I be getting??Like how many does a baby go through in a day?

The first few days are a bit unpredictable so i'd allow 8-10/day, that allows for a change after every feed and a couple of extras.

Remember the shops will still be open after baby's arrival! After a few days you'll want to get out and about again (at least i did) and if not your partner/family can always pick some up for you.

I bought 2 packets of Pampers NB Size 1 in advance of my 1st baby's arrival and i don't remember any panic over shortage of nappies, from then on i just threw them in with the weekly grocery shop and gradually worked my way up through the sizes as i saw fit.

And get used to using a calculator to work out cost/nappy - it's an obsession at this stage :D You wouldn't believe how they can vary.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

99 days to go. So happy to be in double digits!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi Ladies,

Im 26 weeks tommorow and judging by all the scans due 1st of November as I thought! :D

Finding it tough running around after a hyperactive 3 year old and working full time!

But only 45 days left till I'm on maternity leave! (not that I'm counting) :rolleyes:

With regards having stuff bought for the baby I'm ashamed to say all I have bought is a packet of nappies! Organised or what!

How are you all feeling?

Kaylami wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Im 26 weeks tommorow and judging by all the scans due 1st of November as I thought! :D

Finding it tough running around after a hyperactive 3 year old and working full time!

But only 45 days left till I'm on maternity leave! (not that I'm counting) :rolleyes:

With regards having stuff bought for the baby I'm ashamed to say all I have bought is a packet of nappies! Organised or what!

How are you all feeling?

Hey there Kaylami, I'm 26 wks on Sun so just behind you.Think the pregnancy is finally sinking in. Had been feeling jnr since 18 wks but movement is really getting strong this wk. I think this along with the fact that we're nearly in 3rd trim is finally making it sink in.

I take my hat off to you already having a little person to look after!!This is my first. However I can empathise big time. Am a primary teacher,and for the months of May & June, I felt I was having a permanent out of body experience. Had Jnr Infants so 30 x 4-5yr olds. My days usually consist off singing, dancing and entertaining. However, with trips to the loo every 2 hrs during the night, I wasn't quite up to it all and just felt like I was in a haze. Still constantly going to the loo but at least am off at the minute!

Haven't a thing bought yet either. I actually thought people left all that until quite late on in the preg, but got a huge surprise to read here how super organised people are. Going to try to compile a list over coming wk and start a bit of shopping. A few people pointed out that we mightn't be up to shopping trips twds the end .... good point!!! Do you have much reusable gear from number 1?? Enjoy weekend :)

iguana wrote: »
    99 days to go. So happy to be in double digits!:D
    Congrats Iguana ... getting there!!

• Advertisement

Hi All,

hope everyone is doing well on their pregnancys!

Just thought I'd let you know about Smyths in City Centre, It's just at the end of Henry street. At the Nursery and Baby section they have a sale on the bottles and sterilizers, breast pumps etc! The breast pumps are Manual though.
    They have the microwave sterilizers and bottle warmer at such good prizes!:)
    All reduced! Also Boots are doing buy one get the second 1/2 price on nappies!
    AND Penneys are clearing out all there baby vests and baby grows for 2&3euro on Henry street also. They were going quick though! I was super busy shopping today :)

Hi ladies

So tonight I find myself in the hospital!
    Have been having pressure all day "down there" and was advised to come into the labour ward.

I have been told that I'm not in labour but they are giving me steroid injections for babies lungs and being kept in.

I'm feeling very upset and confused!

Please help take my mind off this :)

Hi ladies

Have been having pressure all day "down there" and was advised to come into the labour ward.

I have been told that I'm not in labour but they are giving me steroid injections for babies lungs and being kept in.

I'm really sorry to read that you are in hospital. You are in the best place though. Its great that they gave you injection for the babies lungs, just in case you are in labour. Fingers crossed it's a false alarm. Hopfully you will be let out soon!

Hi ladies

Hey Kaylami, Hadn't been on boards for a few days, so only seeing your post now. Hope everything is working out ok for you? Thinking of you x

Hi everyone,

So they let me come home on strict bedrest - delighted was really missing my little girl.

Hopefully now little baby decides to stay in there untill November :)

They gave me steroid injections just in case and antibiotics to take for rest of pregnancy.

Thanks for all your kind wishes!

How r u all feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

Hi Everyone,

Have been trying to sign up for this ages...only got the chance now. I am due on Nov the 9th. Belly is growing steadily. Put on 18kgs already which makes me feel enormous. Had my big scan at home in Germany two weeks ago. It was amazing...and touch wood all is well with our baby:) Its mad how fast time flies...only really 3 months to go...anyone trying re-usable nappies???

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

Hi all,havent been on boards in ages, well 26 weeks tomorrow,this is number 5 and its been pretty tough going.I've had a blood clot in my leg since week 13 so have been having daily injections into my tummy which is getting harder to give myself now that tummy is moving of its own accord!I also hate the compression stockings,I feel hot all the time! Anyways not long now til into third trimester and then its into the home stretch lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

kvicka wrote: »
    .only really 3 months to go...anyone trying re-usable nappies???

Hi Kvicka... we're going with re-useable! the bumgenius brand aalthough I am tempted to get a few of the others just to compare and contrast the feel etc! We're going to use newborn disposable for about the first 6 weeks, as recommended to us by a friend, who says the baby's legs aren't "meaty enough" and leaks might be inevitable (but that could really depend on the size of our boy!) I am looking forward to the idea of it :) will see how it pans out as soon as he's born :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm planning to use reusables as well. I have a double set of prefolds for the first 6-7 weeks, as they are easier to adjust for newborns. And a birth to potty set of Little Lambs nappies that I'll use as he gets a bit bigger. I'm going to buy a few terry squares as well so I have them as an option for newborn nights. And even if I never use them as nappies they are the very, very best all round baby puke catcher, infinitely better than muslins.

• Advertisement

How are all the November bumps doing?

Baby giving really strong kicks now! It's like he is trying to kick his way out!

1st of September and i'm in the third trimester! It's going by really fast!!

I'm feeling huge and sluggish!! I can't wait to give birth and still got a long way to go..

Anyone having trouble sleeping? Tossing and turning all night.

Advertisement