Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March for Choice 29th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Actor wrote: »
    You seem so arrogant in your beliefs that Final Judgement does not exist.

Y'see, this is what confuses me, mostly about fundamentalist Christians. If Jesus died for our sins, and God is all-forgiving, what's with this Final Judgement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

krudler wrote: »
    because god hates comedians?

No, God hates abortion.

Y'see, this is what confuses me, mostly about fundamentalist Christians. If Jesus died for our sins, and God is all-forgiving, what's with this Final Judgement?

Oh God forgives alright. But you must repent. If you die with a tarnished soul, chances are you're going to hell. If you repent, you spend time in purgatory in proportion to the severity of your repented sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

No, God hates abortion.

They won't be performing any abortions at the gig so I think the attendees will be safe from purgatory for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Oh God forgives alright. But you must repent. If you die with a tarnished soul, chances are you're going to hell. If you repent, you spend time in purgatory in proportion to the severity of your repented sins.

Why is this kind of religious crap allowed on AH?

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Why is this kind of religious crap allowed on AH?

Last time I checked, religious belief (or disbelief) was not barred from the public square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ah, the all forgiving, but punishing god.
    Got a wooden spoon has he......... feed you water and stale bread in purgatory does he?
    What a load of bollox.

mikom wrote: »
    Ah, the all forgiving, but punishing god.
    Got a wooden spoon has he......... feed you water and stale bread in purgatory does he?
    What a load of bollox.

Evidently you've never thought in any great depth about what happens to you when you die. But if you want to stick on your debonair nihilist path, don't let the Truth stop you.

Last time I checked, religious belief (or disbelief) was not barred from the public square.

Talking about religion is one thing but your brand of "Repent Repent are you're all damned" is taking the mick

Talking about religion is one thing but your brand of "Repent Repent are you're all damned" is taking the mick

I'm merely warning attendees that by going to this gig, their souls are in danger. If you died tomorrow, and the day before you went to a pro-abortion do, I don't think God would be very happy.

• Advertisement

Evidently you've never thought in any great depth about what happens to you when you die.

Neither have you obviously, as you clearly gobbled up the line of shite that was fed to by the ancient scribes.

Walt Disney will be an ancient scribe in a couple of thousand years.
    I'm merely warning attendees that by going to this gig, their souls are in danger. If you died tomorrow, and the day before you went to a pro-abortion do, I don't think God would be very happy.

It works kinda like a save point in "Grand theft auto"...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ruthloss wrote: »
    I am always amazed at the amount of men who are against Abortion.

It's ridiculous to think that the sole choice for abortion should lay in the hands of the woman. A man should have every right to voice his opinion on the matter.

Let's face it, they will never have to make that agonizing dicision.

This makes no sense at all...

Evidently you've never thought in any great depth about what happens to you when you die. But if you want to stick on your debonair nihilist path, don't let the Truth stop you.

"Debonair", eh? Sounds stylish, like the Bond of non-believers. More 00666 than 007? Sounds cool. Where do I sign up?

I don't believe in God so its a moot point

So God does hate comedians then?

I don't believe in God so its a moot point

Just because you don't believe, doesn't change the objective reality of the universe that all of us find ourselves in. Final impenitence is one sure way of going to hell though.

Just because you don't believe, doesn't change the objective reality of the universe that all of us find ourselves in. Final impenitence is one sure way of going to hell though.

So you don't go and everything is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Millicent wrote: »
    They won't be performing any abortions at the gig so I think the attendees will be safe from purgatory for now...

F*ck that. I'm not going so. :mad:

No, God hates abortion.

He told me he's ok with it.

Which God did you talk to?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lol, you're funny, you can stay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What is this rubbish? Who are you to "warn" people of anything?

Our souls are in danger? Lol...

You rot when you die. There's nothing too complex about it really. What "truth" are you talking about?

How do you know any of this? You speak as though your words are fact but actually it's only speculative mumbo jumbo.
    No, God hates abortion.

How do you know this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I really hope that the pro-choicers on the 29th are going to add something to the debate rather than "get your rosaries off my ovaries" or it's a woman's right to do whatever they like with their bodies and try present some meaningful response to the crux of the issue. That abortion is the destruction of a human life, and the human rights of that individual should be considered.

philologos wrote: »
    I really hope that the pro-choicers on the 29th are going to add something to the debate rather than "get your rosaries off my ovaries"

Get your crucifix off my cervix?

mikom wrote: »
    Get your crucifix off my cervix?

Acknowledging that the main objection that pro-lifers have to abortion is to do with the fundamental right to human life rather than about "rosaries on ovaries" or just about a "woman's body" it would be useful if the pro-choice side could acknowledge that and provide something constructive to the debate on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

present some meaningful response to the crux of the issue. That abortion is the destruction of a human life, and the human rights of that individual should be considered.

its only the crux if you believe that. maybe you should present some meaningful evidence that that is the case. Then they could respond...

its only the crux if you believe that. maybe you should present some meaningful evidence that that is the case. Then they could respond...

Believe what? That the embryo is alive and a human life?

What's the evidence against the biological fact that the fusion between a sperm and an ova forms a human zygote and from that point on there is growth and development towards birth, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and death?

Do dead biological organisms grow? Or is that a property of life?

It's up to the pro-choicers to explain on the basis of evidence as to why people should ignore what is biologically true in this case. It's evident from conception that the human life is formed.

Anyone else wondering if Actor's not replying because they're outside the Sugar Club protesting the comedy night?

Believe what? That the embryo is alive and a human life?

Yeah. The human life part. For someone who likes a good crux, that is a big one to miss.

Yeah. The human life part. For someone who likes a good crux, that is a big one to miss.

What do you call a life which is formed of human biological prerequisites (sperm, and ova) if not human?

I find the pro-choice argument thoroughly unconvincing, because it is based on untruth about the nature of human life. I'd like to see some real dialogue from the pro-choice side other than rhetoric along the lines of "it's my body" (all well and good, but in all reality there is another human within you from the point of conception), or "get your rosaries off my ovaries" (there are non-believers who are pro-life, and also the argument from bodily integrity ends when you're going to violate another's bodily integrity).

The crux of the issue is that it is biologically true that from conception there is a biologically distinct, and biologically unique organism formed of human biological prerequisites (sperm and ova) that grows and develops from conception to birth, to childhood, adolescence, adulthood and ultimately death. That's life 101.

I'd need a lot of convincing from the pro-choice lobby that their perspective on embryology and life itself holds up to scrutiny, and it's been forthcoming. I'm pro-life because I believe in the value of human life, and I believe that should be vigorously defended.

I'm incredibly thankful to have the privilege of life, and I don't believe that I have the right to advocate stealing that right from others.

• Advertisement

What do you call a life which is formed of human biological prerequisites (sperm, and ova) if not human?

a prerequisite.

any proof otherwise will be regarded with great interest by me.

"because the sky man said", "obviously", "evident", "imo", and argument by assertion won't do. Scientific evidence would be ideal.

Advertisement