Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March for Choice 29th September

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I'll bear that in mind next time I contribute to a discussion, heaven forbid I should upset a Cat. Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Demon-ique wrote: »
    There will be a March for Choice on September 29th at the Spire taking place at 2pm

Is anyone going?

4,000 'aborted' people didn't have the choice to attend last year. I'd expect the same number of 'aborted' people won't get the choice this year to march for their rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Confab wrote: »
    a bunch of people arguing that they should be allowed to have their wombs cleared out with a sharpened rake.

Cute, but I'd sooner a sharpened rake in a clinic than rusty knitting needle on someone's kitchen table. :rolleyes:
    squod wrote: »
    4,000 'aborted' people didn't have the choice to attend last year. I'd expect the same number of 'aborted' people won't get the choice this year to march for their rights.

That's terrible. Who on earth is aborting people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

A march for the big pole thing in dublin? No way! Tis just daftness.

• Advertisement

A lot of men would love to have say over there childs life.

I wonder if they ever did a survey of woman attending abortion clinics exactly how many of them would be there without the knowledge of the father? It would be interesting to find out. I'd hazard a guess it would be quite a low number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Loaded response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Demonique wrote: »
    Yes, it's to do with the abortion issue

scary that the youth defense (nazi pro life christian 'organisation') is gaining a lot of support in ireland at the moment through their big ad campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

scary that the youth defense (nazi pro life christian 'organisation') is gaining a lot of support in ireland at the moment through their big ad campaigns
    proof????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

im very in favour of abortion but it seems like a lot of effort to go up to dublin and protest while thinking this protest wont make any difference.
    Now if it was for legalizing cannabis and they were handing out some joints like i saw at one of those marches before id be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Will the old people be going? You know the ones that marched and succeeded in getting the cut to the old age medical card reversed, they can work wonders that bunch. You should call them and see what they're doing that day. I won't be going, couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

I still don't understand. Why not keep it illegal here while legalising getting it done over the border. Everybody wins, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

I think I'll go, the women there are supporters of abortion and by logic want the freedom of choice of abortion due to the fact that they have multiple brief intimate relationships with lots of different men
    If I go there I will have an increased chance of being chosen for such a brief exchange of bodily fluids which will give me the nice endorphin's.
    The gamble is whether the cost of the bus journey will be a poor investment.
    Ill schedule it in, although I may have to abort this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I still don't understand. Why not keep it illegal here while legalising getting it done over the border. Everybody wins, right?

Nobody wins in that scenario.

Nobody wins in that scenario.

Surely though it's not an insurmountable journey to the North to get it done if one wants to? It's better than not having it all because the other side will never concede to allowing it. I'm anti-abortion myself (Dunno why that is TBH) however I have no problem with people getting it done over the border if they choose to do so. Simply if no mention of the legality is made of getting it done elsewhere then no one need worry. That's a close to a friendly compromise as I can see and if the Holy See has a problem with it, tough.

In short the anti-abortionists get their nice pristine constitution that obeys himself in the sky and the pro-abortionists get what they want.
    But of course I'm ignoring a whole load of other complexities and variables aren't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Surely though it's not an insurmountable journey to the North to get it done if one wants to? It's better than not having it all because the other side will never concede to allowing it. I'm anti-abortion myself (Dunno why that is TBH) however I have no problem with people getting it done over the border if they choose to do so. Simply if no mention of the legality is made of getting it done elsewhere then no one need worry. That's a close to a friendly compromise as I can see and if the Holy See has a problem with it, tough.

In short the anti-abortionists get their nice pristine constitution that obeys himself in the sky and the pro-abortionists get what they want.
    But of course I'm ignoring a whole load of other complexities and variables aren't I?

Actually abortion is illegal in NI. You would have to go to England or Wales or possibly Scotland (not sure about the situation in Scotland tbh).

Actually abortion is illegal in NI. You would have to go to England or Wales or possibly Scotland (not sure about the situation in Scotland tbh).

Ah sorry I just assumed because it's legal in England. Sorry 'bout that. My point still stands though, if someone truly wants to have it done, then a trip across the sea isn't that much of a bother. It'd give them a while to rethink it too, just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Demonique wrote: »
    There will be a March for Choice on September 29th at the Spire taking place at 2pm

Is anyone going?

Why post this in After Hours? Why assume that people who post here are automatically pro-choice-to-abort? :confused:

Rigol wrote: »
    I think I'll go, the women there are supporters of abortion and by logic want the freedom of choice of abortion due to the fact that they have multiple brief intimate relationships with lots of different men
    If I go there I will have an increased chance of being chosen for such a brief exchange of bodily fluids which will give me the nice endorphin's.
    The gamble is whether the cost of the bus journey will be a poor investment.
    Ill schedule it in, although I may have to abort this plan.

Your logic is illogical and your thinking is puerile.
    Ah sorry I just assumed because it's legal in England. Sorry 'bout that. My point still stands though, if someone truly wants to have it done, then a trip across the sea isn't that much of a bother. It'd give them a while to rethink it too, just in case.

Too kind of you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Would like to. But don't. If a woman decides to have an abortion but the potential father doesn't want her to, he cannot stop her. If a woman decides not to have an abortion but the potential father wants her to, he can't force her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

efb wrote: »
    Choice for what? Daddy or chips?

Cake or Death?

Too kind of you. :rolleyes:

Not in a rude way, but has any better compromise been proposed(Genuinely interested)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

The solution to this will definitely come in the next few pages, it most definitely will not be filled with random ****e like this post that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

dhmusic wrote: »
    The solution to this will definitely come in the next few pages, it most definitely will not be filled with random ****e like this post that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Sorry about the annoyance.
    OT: No, I won't be going simply because I'm not bothered.

Not in a rude way, but has any better compromise been proposed(Genuinely interested)?

Better compromises? Why should women be forced to compromise over control of their own bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'll be going. I may even bring a placard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

dhmusic wrote: »

And your post contributed greatly to the debate/question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Piste wrote: »
    I'll be going. I may even bring a placard.

Here.Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g46hlT_2804

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why should I watch a video entitled "Partial Birth Abortion" which shows abortion from 23 weeks until birthing age (past the legal limits in the UK might I add). Do you think it will change my mind? Make me less likely to go? Do you really think any legalisation of abortion will result in abortion laws allowing abortions at such a late term as that?

Or are you just stirring sh!t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Piste wrote: »
    Why should I watch a video entitled "Partial Birth Abortion" which shows abortion from 23 weeks until birthing age (past the legal limits in the UK might I add). Do you think it will change my mind? Make me less likely to go? Do you really think any legalisation of abortion will result in abortion laws allowing abortions at such a late term as that?

Or are you just stirring sh!t?

No, I'm not stirring ****.

No one will give a ****, not here anyway, I was born at 24 weeks.

I'm a person.

Oh, By the way that was 48 years ago.

Advertisement