Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March for Choice 29th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Well like during the pro cannabis marches people smoke spliffs as a sign of defiance against, as they see it, an injust law....just wondering if the equivalent can be expected at this march?

Yes.

PucaMama wrote: »
    in ireland , mothers arent left without money. we see that every day.

the dangerous relationships and health issues have already been discussed.

Not to a proper degree and to anyone but your satisfaction. Did you read that Irish Times article I linked for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Millicent wrote: »
    Not to a proper degree and to anyone but your satisfaction. Did you read that Irish Times article I linked for you?
    anything specific we havnt discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

its not wrong to want to give a child to adoptive parents instead of terminateing it.

What if the woman doesn't want to be pregnant, to go through the whole pregnancy?

anything specific we havnt discussed?

Many, many things. What of women being beaten in relationships or who have been raped who don't want to carry a child for their abuser? What about victims of incest? What about someone who took all the precautions and was still caught out? What about those who can't afford to feed the mouths they already have (and please don't say foster care again like it's an ideal situation)? What about those with medical problems where the child might die or or where they might die? What about those that just plain don't want a child? Can you answer all those questions?

• Advertisement

How about the fact the march is about the legislating for the High Court judgement in the X case?

This is not about a march for no limits abortion, it is about finally legislating for when there is a clear and substantive risk to the life of the woman if the pregnancy continues. It is about making sure that the government knows that there people who want this legislation put in place as soon as possible,
    they have stalled for 20 years, enough is enough.

Many, many things. What of women being beaten in relationships or who have been raped who don't want to carry a child for their abuser? What about victims of incest? What about someone who took all the precautions and was still caught out? What about those who can't afford to feed the mouths they already have (and please don't say foster care again like it's an ideal situation)? What about those with medical problems where the child might die or or where they might die? What about those that just plain don't want a child? Can you answer all those questions?

for those that genuinely need it, its available in the uk a short flight away, or in hospital here as ive heard above about the ectopic pregnancy. for those that dont, use the other options. people do know that if you have sex you may get pregnant. if you dont ever want children go for sterilisation. if you dont and wont get that done, prepare to be a parent some day because it will happen eventually.

for those that genuinely need it, its available in the uk a short flight away, or in hospital here as ive heard above about the ectopic pregnancy. for those that dont, use the other options. people do know that if you have sex you may get pregnant. if you dont ever want children go for sterilisation. if you dont and wont get that done, prepare to be a parent some day because it will happen eventually.

Sterilisation has a fail rate for men and is almost unheard of here for women without children. Also, your answer is to export the issue, even for those women who are carrying stillborn children? There are other issues besides ectopic pregnancy. Have you heard of the "C case"?

for those that genuinely need it, its available in the uk a short flight away,

So you think it is acceptable for a woman to be in a critical medical condition to have to travel to the UK and incur the cost of a life saving procedure here which the High Court said should be available here?
    if you dont ever want children go for sterilisation.

Do you know the guidelines for tubal ligation in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Are you trolling or what?

A lot of men would love to have say over there childs life.

guys, the point is you can not be forced to be involved. the responsibility is forced 100% on to the body (and life) of the woman.

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/shareyour.abortionstory

Another pro choice action aimed at debunking abortion myths.
    shareyourabortionstory@gmail.com started out as a knee jerk reaction to the infamous "abortion tears her life apart" poster campaign that youth defence ran recently. The aim of this project is to normalise and destigmatise abortion within Irish culture. With a registered 4000 women travelling to the UK every year there are a lot of stories out there waiting to be shared.

They have printed stories and are looking for people to help distribute them and stories will be also published online. If you want to get involved or share your story contact shareyourabortionstory@gmail.com .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

for those that genuinely need it, its available in the uk a short flight away, .....

I'm sorry, but you seem to be confused. It's been ruled by the supreme court that in certain circumstances, a woman is legally entitled to have an abortion carried out in this country. What we're waiting for is the legislation to frame that ruling.

Sterilisation has a fail rate for men and is almost unheard of here for women without children. Also, your answer is to export the issue, even for those women who are carrying stillborn children? There are other issues besides ectopic pregnancy. Have you heard of the "C case"?
    i only gave ectopic pregnancy as an example. is the fail rate high enough that its not an option?

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you seem to be confused. It's been ruled by the supreme court that in certain circumstances, a woman is legally entitled to have an abortion carried out in this country. What we're waiting for is the legislation to frame that ruling.

i have already asked about that. so what else needs to be changed about the law? get the legislation fixed and leave it at that. we dont need abortion "on demand".

i only gave ectopic pregnancy as an example. is the fail rate high enough that its not an option?

I linked you to the exact figures in the other thread on the matter so I'm not sure why you're asking me that?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

guys, the point is you can not be forced to be involved. the responsibility is forced 100% on to the body (and life) of the woman.

Yes, I am aware of that.

My post was in direct response to the post below. Many partners would discuss abortion no doubt so the below comment isn't true.

ruthloss wrote: »
    I am always amazed at the amount of men who are against Abortion.

Let's face it, they will never have to make that agonizing dicision.

i have already asked about that. so what else needs to be changed about the law? get the legislation fixed and leave it at that. we dont need abortion "on demand".

That is what legislating for the X case ruling is for.

Once the legislation is in place only then can medical policies and practices be put in place and then medical codes of conduct and insurance and then medical professionals have to be trained in the procedures for when under irish law and the High Court ruling women won't have to travel when there is a critical risk to their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

Lapin wrote: »
    Yes, why not? It would make you post a lot easier to read and its not a difficult thing to do.

I usually ignore bulky posts because if the poster can't be arsed tidying them up, I can't be arsed picking my way through them.

And you're actually serious too. You must find books quite the challenge then, hardly any pictures either.

Sharrow wrote: »
    That is what legislating for the X case ruling is for.

Once the legislation is in place only then can medical policies and practices be put in place and then medical codes of conduct and insurance and then medical professionals have to be trained in the procedures for when under irish law and the High Court ruling women won't have to travel when there is a critical risk to their life.

very few people dont want the legislation in. id welcome it. but id leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

people aren't allowed campaign now?

• Advertisement

very few people dont want the legislation in. id welcome it. but id leave it at that.

So will you be at the March then?
    As it is to get the government to put in place that legislation?

http://choiceireland.org/ Choice Ireland will be having a stall and handing out information leaflets in Dublin City Centre this Satturday 8th Sept, if you want to go and take part contact them choiceireland@gmail.com

If you can't make the fundraiser and want to donate you can always donate to Choice Ireland
    Donate!
    Choice Ireland are a non-funded voluntary activist organisation. All we have, we raise through donations. Now you can donate on-line!
    You will find the PayPal button on their website: http://choiceireland.org

So will you be at the March then?
    As it is to get the government to put in place that legislation?
    no because of the other issues with abortion i dont think i could get myself to do it. but i wouldnt oppose it if its just for the legislation. its just not for me.

The fundraiser for the March is on this evening, The Sugar Club, 8pm tickets 10 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

The fundraiser for the March is on this evening, The Sugar Club, 8pm tickets 10 euro.

That's one sure way of spending an extra couple of years in purgatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Actor wrote: »

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

efb wrote: »
    lol

You seem so arrogant in your beliefs that Final Judgement does not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

who brought in purgatory???

Its a bit like limbo- thats gone now isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

because god hates comedians?

Advertisement