Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March for Choice 29th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well that's all great and lovely and nothing to do with abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Better compromises? Why should women be forced to compromise over control of their own bodies?

I think the issue is more about the body that's inside them...I could be wrong though...I don't really care much about it because men don't have much of a say. The population of the planet is apparently spiraling out of control so there's a sliver lining. Morally though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Surely though it's not an insurmountable journey to the North to get it done if one wants to? It's better than not having it all because the other side will never concede to allowing it. I'm anti-abortion myself (Dunno why that is TBH) however I have no problem with people getting it done over the border if they choose to do so. Simply if no mention of the legality is made of getting it done elsewhere then no one need worry. That's a close to a friendly compromise as I can see and if the Holy See has a problem with it, tough.

In short the anti-abortionists get their nice pristine constitution that obeys himself in the sky and the pro-abortionists get what they want.
    But of course I'm ignoring a whole load of other complexities and variables aren't I?

I really don't get this. Either you're ant-abortion or your not. If you have no problem with them getting it done over the border if they choose to do so why do you have a problem with them getting it done here if they choose to do so?
    Chucken wrote: »

Just so people know that's just a demonstration using a doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Piste wrote: »
    Well that's all great and lovely and nothing to do with abortion.

Ya think??

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

No, I'm not stirring ****.

No one will give a ****, not here anyway, I was born at 24 weeks.

I'm a person.

Oh, By the way that was 48 years ago.

Happy birthday?

I'll probably go. The pro-choice side doesn't properly represent my views, but that's just nitpicking, it's best to be pragmatic about it and support a common cause. I don't think it will change anything but it's about making the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

No, but I'll be attending the march for Happiness. Then later in October, I'll be at the march for Inspiration.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I think the issue is more about the body that's inside them...I could be wrong though...I don't really care much about it because men don't have much of a say. The population of the planet is apparently spiraling out of control so there's a sliver lining. Morally though...

Just to nitpick more for a moment, if you look at the population growth statistics, you'll see that the population explosion of the 20th century was mostly confined to Asia and that forecast growth is due in Africa, with the developed world flat or declining for the same period. Nothing to do with abortion, but it's always what comes to mind for me when someone suggests something like 'think global, act local' with regard to population growth. Unless you're a peasant farmer who's going to have 9 kids as an insurance policy for old age, you're not part of the problem.

Just to nitpick more for a moment, if you look at the population growth statistics, you'll see that the population explosion of the 20th century was mostly confined to Asia and that forecast growth is due in Africa, with the developed world flat or declining for the same period. Nothing to do with abortion, but it's always what comes to mind for me when someone suggests something like 'think global, act local' with regard to population growth. Unless you're a peasant farmer who's going to have 9 kids as an insurance policy for old age, you're not part of the problem.

I did say apparently.

I did say apparently.

True that wompa, true that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You cant do Paragraphs?

• Advertisement

You cant do Paragraphs?

That is a paragraph.

It's three sentences long.

Do you need it broken down into individual sentences?

Like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

For me, this is the biggest "Where do you draw the line?" issue on the planet.

I understand every single perspective and viewpoint on it but for me....I believe if you are pregnant.....have the child. Regardless of situation. But I understand if they do not want to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

Presumably Ivana Bacik be megaphoner in-chief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Actor wrote: »
    Presumably Ivana Bacik be megaphoner in-chief?

You're a tad obsessed with that woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Morally speaking from your point of view.

Morally speaking from your point of view.

Morally in a general sense. Even if you don't think it's a big deal that's your sense of morality...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

Rigol wrote: »
    I think I'll go, the women there are supporters of abortion and by logic want the freedom of choice of abortion due to the fact that they have multiple brief intimate relationships with lots of different men
    If I go there I will have an increased chance of being chosen for such a brief exchange of bodily fluids which will give me the nice endorphin's.
    The gamble is whether the cost of the bus journey will be a poor investment.
    Ill schedule it in, although I may have to abort this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,572 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

@Demonique: What side will this event be standing on? the side to allow Irish Women have Irish Legislation allowing them to have abortions in the Republic free of O/P's personal opinions making the decision for them, or the side that feel's abortions should not be allowed for any reason in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

philologos wrote: »
    Why post this in After Hours? Why assume that people who post here are automatically pro-choice-to-abort? :confused:

He asked a question. I see no such assumption built into that question that you appear to see.

Why do YOU assume that people may only ask questions here if the people who post here are some how in line with the person asking it? He has as much right to ask such a question as you have to ask if anyone here is going to an anti abortion rally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Should be called the march for death..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

If its the choice to do cocaine I'm there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Hey - i've got a crazy idea - why don't you legalise abortion, but....... and pay attention now...... if you don't want an abortion, don't have one!

Or did i miss something?

Hey - i've got a crazy idea - why don't you legalise abortion, but....... and pay attention now...... if you don't want an abortion, don't have one!

Or did i miss something?
    Lets do that with cocaine as well

kingtubby wrote: »
    Lets do that with cocaine as well

And popcorn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Demonique wrote: »
    There will be a March for Choice on September 29th at the Spire taking place at 2pm

Is anyone going?

What is the choice? Life or death?

And popcorn?
    NO!!

Popcorn must remain mandatory

now, now - don't go forcing your popcorn-centric beliefs on me!

I may chose popcorn, i may chose nachos - but it's MY tummy, MY choice, in fact maybe we should have a poll - popcorn? nachos? atari ham sammiches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

ruthloss wrote: »
    I am always amazed at the amount of men who are against Abortion.

Let's face it, they will never have to make that agonizing dicision.

But men should have the right to partake in the decision making. Just because the woman is carrying the baby, doesn't mean that she should have sole right to determine its future.

If someone decided to abort my child without consulting me, I'd be afraid of what I'd do.

The baby would be my flesh and blood too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

kraggy wrote: »
    But men should have the right to partake in the decision making. Just because the woman is carrying the baby, doesn't mean that she should have sole right to determine its future.

If someone decided to abort my child without consulting me, I'd be afraid of what I'd do.

The baby would be my flesh and blood too.

but doesnt that leave women open to being pushed into having an abortion? the reality is that it IS her body and a man cant control it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You cant do Paragraphs?
    That is a paragraph.

It's three sentences long.

Do you need it broken down into individual sentences?

Like this?

Yes, why not? It would make you post a lot easier to read and its not a difficult thing to do.

I usually ignore bulky posts because if the poster can't be arsed tidying them up, I can't be arsed picking my way through them .

See -

Just to nitpick more for a moment, if you look at the population growth statistics, you'll see that the population explosion of the 20th century was mostly confined to Asia and that forecast growth is due in Africa, with the developed world flat or declining for the same period.

Nothing to do with abortion, but it's always what comes to mind for me when someone suggests something like 'think global, act local' with regard to population growth.

Unless you're a peasant farmer who's going to have 9 kids as an insurance policy for old age, you're not part of the problem.

- Much easier on the eye.

Back on topic, can someone explain why the abortion debate has resurfaced again recently ?

Advertisement