Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

I dont think ill make the 5am start as there is a possibility to be waiting around for the 3 hours! 8am ill be ready and waiting though :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

pH wrote: »
    Yea mate and if you played the game in the state it was last night then you'd see that holding down either the right or left button and moving the mouse *just* move the camera and don't turn the char (it will turn once you're moving)

If you're standing still the only way to turn the char is with the keys.

Is this a problem though? I'm not really sure there's many reasons to be standing still and turning on the spot. If you're not moving in combat, you're doing it wrong :)

I requested a forum this morning, as with the launch just 2 days away, i'd say there's going to be a lot of chat about it, and being f2p (bar the initial purchase) it should last longer then most other mmo's.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80387937#post80387937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Am I right in thinking the Engineer (in a particular set up) is the closest this game comes to a Main Healer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

best place to buy this online?

• Advertisement

Not really sure there is a main healer as such. Certain professions are better for healing, but they are all useful. From what i know, Engineer, Ele and Guardian all have good healing skills. But the others might as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Cool - its just they can swap out their weapon skills for healing so I wondered. Guardian is gonna be my Alt so I think I'm covered on the healing front :D

I love the way they've muddled the classes - gonna make for an interesting group dynamic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I love the way they've muddled the classes - gonna make for an interesting group dynamic.

Its interesting for sure but nobody really knows in terms of pve how well it will work out.

Gamespy pose some interesting thoughts about GW2 here
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/1225830p1.html

I think Guardian could come out as the most supportive role by looking at the classes, still hard to tell though. There is definately a healthy mix between all classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Kiith wrote: »
    I requested a forum this morning, as with the launch just 2 days away, i'd say there's going to be a lot of chat about it, and being f2p (bar the initial purchase) it should last longer then most other mmo's.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80387937#post80387937

Was thinking of doing that myself, but have the feeling admin won't be willing to make one until we can show how full the main forum is going to get with different threads about GW2. +1'd anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

caspa307 wrote: »
    best place to buy this online?

I too would like to know this,was just gonna buy it off the website tbh

I too would like to know this,was just gonna buy it off the website tbh

I bought the digital copy off their Website, it lets you pre-download the game as well so i should be ready to go on Saturday :) Had no problems with it!

I bought from http://www.greenmangaming.com.
    They had an offer at the time and i got it for €43, best price ive seen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    I bought from http://www.greenmangaming.com.
    They had an offer at the time and i got it for €43, best price ive seen.

do those lads give you the 3 day head start ?

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    I bought the digital copy off their Website, it lets you pre-download the game as well so i should be ready to go on Saturday :) Had no problems with it!

how long did it take to download?

It's a pretty big download took me about 6 hours i think! my internet was averaging about 500 KBps throughout the download as well.

do those lads give you the 3 day head start ?

Yes im in the 3 day headstart, well i hope so, ive had access to the stress tests so i assume so.
    It said i would when i was buying.

I think its a 14GB dload.

Edit: just checked there for you and it now says

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 17TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

KEYS ARE REGISTERED AT: https://register.guildwars2.com/

I bought mine on the 10th August

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Yes im in the 3 day headstart, well i hope so, ive had access to the stress tests so i assume so.

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 17TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

Had not heard that you had to have it bought before the 17th to get access on Satuarday morning. I bought it on the 20th and had access to the stress test. Pretty sure it said I have access to the headstart when buying as well.Do ya have a link?

ah crap,no headstart for me then,thanks for digging that up for me

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Had not heard that you had to have it bought before the 17th to get access on Satuarday morning. I bought it on the 20th and had access to the stress test. Pretty sure it said I have access to the headstart when buying as well.Do ya have a link?

I also bought it on the 20th and i was sent on an email with my serial code and it said that i will be able to access the game on the 25th? I also cant find anywhere that is says you have to buy before the 17???

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Just been looking around and nothing i can find confirms this. Most ArenaNet stuff is still pushing the pre-purchase copies to get the three day head start so i'm assuming it's still okay (but that could be wishful thinking as i only bought it earlier today...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I read from one of the GW2 tweets that if you got into the stress test your OK for the head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

If you have been in the betas and stress tests then your pretty much sorted for Headstart.

Also the game is about 16GBs, so a couple-several hours download depending what your BB is obv.

_Puma_ wrote: »

This is from greenmangaming.
    Just to be clear folks and for those who havent read the last page or so :) , i was talking about if you bought from greenmangaming not direct from arenanet, it was in reference to greenmangaming where i bought it from at a discount price.

This is from greenmangaming.
    Just to be clear folks and for those who havent read the last page or so :) , i was talking about if you bought from greenmangaming not direct from arenanet, it was in reference to greenmangaming where i bought it from at a discount price.

AH I'm good to go then If I buy the digital off the website :-)?

Phew :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Looks like a short stress test tonight tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ArthurG wrote: »
    Looks like a short stress test tonight tonight at 9pm

Yeah looks like it https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

Started the launcher there and its saying theres a 4 gig update?

Hmmmm, I got a small update, wasn't 4 gig though, maybe a few 100 Mb, but now I'm just watching the log in wheel spin, nothing happening.......

• Advertisement

Stress test delayed 20 mins... grrrr

Advertisement