Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options
1697071727375»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

taelor wrote: »
    I think it was said somewhere on reddit from the after party that a dev (maybe Colin) mentioned they will be getting rid of the requirements on traits that they have at the moment. Thank god!

I don't know about that.

They did say on guildwars2 forums that they are "simplifying the way traits work to match the upcomming xpac".
    let me get the quote actually.
    "With the introduction of the new account based mastery system for end-game progression and growth in PvE, we’ll also be re-evaluating our other systems of character progression to ensure they match our over-all pillars and goals for Gw2.
    In doing so: we’re going to be removing the current trait unlocking system currently on live and replacing it with a more simplified system that supports where skills-traits-specializations are going in the future. We’ll go into more details between now and the release of HOT on how skills, traits, and specializations will work in the new Gw2 world."

So I'm really curious about those more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So, new update out today, Lunar New Year! Seems very like Canthan New Year from GW1. This one certainly flew under the radar, had no idea it was coming till I updated the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

lunar new year event ....right up the chinese markets street :D can foreseee them having a few more events aimed at the chinese market, not that i mind as its something extra in the game. is it just me though the new costume for this event kind of reminds me of something from the flash gordon film when its on a female character.
    http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gw2-imperial-outfit-dye-slots.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Really enjoying this again, never got past level 20 before but am powering along now. Nice to not have to shell out a subscription too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The gem price for things is a bit expensive. You can buy them with gold but I dont even have 5g yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The gem price for things is a bit expensive. You can buy them with gold but I dont even have 5g yet.

Are the servers still full, haven't played in about 4-5 months?

Are the servers still full, haven't played in about 4-5 months?

Nah, all high or very high for Europe. Havent come across any issues yet due to server problems.

if you have a lvl 80 head to dry top and the silverwastes and do some chest farming and events, on a bad day few hours selling drops/mats is usually around 20g, good day depends how lucky you get and if the rng gods smile on you.
    800 gems floats around 100-120g region.
    silverwastes farming has got me 2 extra bank slots 3 extra character slots, count costume, flying carpet and a few other things..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Might reroll a character here, never really gave it a good go first time around. Any suggestions for fun classes????

Glebee wrote: »
    Might reroll a character here, never really gave it a good go first time around. Any suggestions for fun classes????
    im having a lot of fun with a engie running hgh nades in wvw, im also quite enjoying a necro condi build for zerging. my main is guardian but i recently got my last character to lvl 80 which is now my 9th lvl 80, i have 2 guardians and one of each other class across all races.
    im not a fan of rangers or mesmers but they have their uses.
    i hate theives and feel dirty when i play on mine.
    engineer is enjoyable but can be a pain getting your head around it.
    ele is another class that can be quite good but lack of weapon swapping means manually changing them when you need to.
    warrior is ok but i got bored of mine after completing map completiong and only really use it for crafting now.
    necro can be slow to get going but picks up as it goes higher lvls.
    guardian is my choice for leveling quickly staff and gs lots of loot tags and nice handy extra heals and might at the pop of a button.

• Advertisement

Edgey75 wrote: »
    if you have a lvl 80 head to dry top and the silverwastes and do some chest farming and events, on a bad day few hours selling drops/mats is usually around 20g, good day depends how lucky you get and if the rng gods smile on you.
    800 gems floats around 100-120g region.
    silverwastes farming has got me 2 extra bank slots 3 extra character slots, count costume, flying carpet and a few other things..

Highest is only lvl 40 but will keep that in mine when I eventually get to 80 thanks.

Finding it a bit easier to get gold now Im getting rare armour which sells for closer to 1g.

Nah, all high or very high for Europe. Havent come across any issues yet due to server problems.

Might give it another go so, was playing a human tech player, was enjoying it. Just found wandering very lonely, rarely bumped into others.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭_Puma_

The Megaservers have consolidated all maps so they are a lot more populated now. The Looking for Group tool is also pretty handy for finding people who are doing the same sort of content.

Right,

Ive started downloading all the updates ;) think I shall avoid the pub with the lads this evening and give this a go :)

When did they reset all the skills???

Gah, can't remember my previous choices!!

Any ideas for a lvl 62 human engineer??

When did they reset all the skills???

Gah, can't remember my previous choices!!

Any ideas for a lvl 62 human engineer??

think that was a while back now.

i usually dont do the "meta" builds but i can say this one is fun and effective for wvw and somewhat pve http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_HGH_Hybrid
    its lvl 80 though, but they have some pretty good builds on their.

which server are you based on? if your server is active on wvw i would say go find the commander zerg and follow him around capping keeps and castles, you will rake in the xp and level up pretty fast.
    if you encounter a enemy zerg try and hang back and use nades as they have a decent range and hit multiple targets, if your server has a teamspeak (usually advertised in team chat in wvw) then get yourself onto it, sometimes they ask for you to ask in teamchat in game to verify your not a spy etc, being on teamspeak will help you keep up with the zerg and know whats going on and where your heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fungi_forest

Any Irish GW2 clans/guilds with teamspeak or vent?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Play on Gunnar's Hold too, I think - not on very often though (it's all still a bit confusing for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

MagTuired wrote: »
    Play on Gunnar's Hold too, I think - not on very often though (it's all still a bit confusing for me).

Dave The Sheep.8530

Feel free to add me as a friend for any questions you have. I'm not always in game, but I usually log on each day at some point.

They went to a megaserver system a while back so the server you're on only really matters when it comes to WvWvW.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Dave The Sheep.8530

Feel free to add me as a friend for any questions you have. I'm not always in game, but I usually log on each day at some point.

They went to a megaserver system a while back so the server you're on only really matters when it comes to WvWvW.

Cool! Will let you know when I'm on next.

• Advertisement

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

Summary of the main updates; The Mastery System, a new Profession (Revenant) and Elite specializations, along with Guild Halls and WvW changes. New area as well - the heart of the Maguuma Jungle.

Anyone still playing? Could be a nice way to get back into it if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I have started playing it again, one thing I love about it is i can jump in at anytime.

Any idea on a release date HOT.

So they released the pricing structure for the bundles on Heart of Thorns.

People are not happy.

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

This guy sums a lot of it up, but reading the subreddit /r/GuildWars2 contains a lot of (legitimate) anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Expansion is coming across as a DLC pack more than anything from what i've seen. It is not an expansion in the vein of GW1 Factions etc.. €45 is overpriced in my opinion, couldn't care that new players are getting the base game but there is now way in hell im going to pay €45 to get back into GW2. Add to that they are not giving a Character slot meaning id have to buy one from the Gem store. I'll be passing on this and that is coming from someone that has it installed since released. GW2 could be getting an uninstall pretty soon on my hardrive as id been holding out for the expansion. Have they even made a release date announcement?

_Puma_ wrote: »
    GW2 could be getting an uninstall pretty soon on my hardrive as id been holding out for the expansion. Have they even made a release date announcement?

No release date as of yet.

A lot of my guild were in the same boat. We'd be looking forward to getting HoT and using it to get back into the game (we've stopped now except for on and off play for about a year). Most of us are doubting we'll actually get it.

Only one person has pre-ordered (though he's like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andru183

Is there any active Irish guild or interest in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I've tried GW2 with a friends account and now i decided to get the game. The problem is that since i don't own a credit card, i tried to buy it using their online banking whose service is not available for Ireland so what i want to ask is if any of you ever used the PaySafeCard? Any feedback regarding that service?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Hesthea wrote: »
    I've tried GW2 with a friends account and now i decided to get the game. The problem is that since i don't own a credit card, i tried to buy it using their online banking whose service is not available for Ireland so what i want to ask is if any of you ever used the PaySafeCard? Any feedback regarding that service?

Would Paypal be an option for you instead? I'm reasonably certain you can link a bank account to a Paypal account and pay that way.

Personally I've never used PaySafe, so I can't comment on that, I have used Swirl Card, the prepay Master Card before, and it was useful, albeit pricey, so that may be an option as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

delta36 wrote: »
    Would Paypal be an option for you instead? I'm reasonably certain you can link a bank account to a Paypal account and pay that way.

Personally I've never used PaySafe, so I can't comment on that, I have used Swirl Card, the prepay Master Card before, and it was useful, albeit pricey, so that may be an option as well.

Guess i will have to create a paypal account then.
    Thanks, delta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

Heart of Thorns is e19.99 over on Amazon .fr - cheapest I've seen it so far.

Advertisement