Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Curses!

I hoped Christmas might come early and by some magical means I'd be able to get on tonight. My dreams are crushed..... until tomorrow morning!

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ArthurG wrote: »
    Curses!

I hoped Christmas might come early and by some magical means I'd be able to get on tonight. My dreams are crushed..... until tomorrow morning!

Capture.png

Your OK, this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

1 sleep haha :D
    anyone getting up at 5 to try the servers? ill be making an 8am appearance anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Big Knox wrote: »
    You want to play it with a controller??? :eek:

Is this your first MMO? If you do attempt to play it with a controller you will be at a MASSIVE disadvantage to everyone else and I can't see you getting anywhere in PvP and dying alot in normal pve.

Just FFIV, which was configured for a controller so it's not really the same. I wouldn't play just with the controller, i'd be using the keyboard and mouse at the same time, which ever is the most appropriate for the job. But if i'm just wandering around, killing off ordinary mobs, with a controller, i can sit back a bit or i can be typing at the same time. I'm happy either way, but an extra option is always nice to have.

Won't have a controller ready to go for the morning anyway. I'm logging on between 8 and 9 so hopefully might see some of ye there! I'll be killing centaurs for the first bit anyway. Feckin centaurs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Preorderd it. Waking up at 8am. First time playing an MMO in a while now, so not sure what to expect!

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Preorderd it. Waking up at 8am. First time playing an MMO in a while now, so not sure what to expect!

Do you mean pre-Purchased? If you pre-ordered, i think you start two days later, as in Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yes, pre-purchase. Client has downloaded and ready to go.

Nice, enjoy it so!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Man I was so sure I had Guardian set in my head for tomorrow but now Ranger is creeping back in. I've played a decent bit of both and still can't decide!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Big Knox wrote: »
    Man I was so sure I had Guardian set in my head for tomorrow but now Ranger is creeping back in. I've played a decent bit of both and still can't decide!! :o

i've only tried ranger, i have zero knowledge of MMO's , but went to level 7 or 8 with the character. my pet annoyed me a bit after a while. i know its all getting used to the combinations to use, but would the guardian be more straight forward ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Had my fry - waiting for the servers to come up :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cooking my fry, waiting for the servers to come up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

got me heart attack on a plate ready!!!black & white pudding,bacon,mushies,fried bread,fried egg and a pot of joes...oh and some "slab" thick cut sliced brown soda bread to mop anything thats left!!!!yumyumyum..then its sit tight,batten down the hatches for 3 days straight....i might break the seal of the room if air is needed but it have to be a hell of a emergency!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'M IN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

same here

Can't get in right now

Oh just got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

ugh up since 5am I hear, god US times are so stupid for launch :P

And ye I logged in tried to create chars quick to get names, all names gone pretty much then got kicked and cant get back in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Does anyone know if there is some early access stuff for retail pre orders?

Grabbed my pre order in HMV...

TheDoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is some early access stuff for retail pre orders?

Grabbed my pre order in HMV...

Pre-orders get in on Monday morning.

And I'm in too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

p1000 wrote: »
    Pre-orders get in on Monday morning.

And I'm in too! :D

So will I need to go into HMV to get something from them?

The release date they named was the 28th,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

What server are you guys using then??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else not able to get back in?there telling me it firewall router problem or if im on campus?i got as far as the server screen once,maybe its due to high volume?

just hit the button when it's not greyed out, you'll eventually get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

What server are you guys using then??

Gunners Hold it would seem from another thread.

Just got booted but back in.

I've created a few alts, but at the moment am playing on my thief (on GH)

Name is Seanin if anyone sees me and wants to say hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just spent about an hour creating my char, jesus christ

How do you get the hall of heroes points items in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Logged in, created my first char, went through the intro cinematic and it crashed, havent been able to get back in for over an hour :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

VinLieger wrote: »
    Logged in, created my first char, went through the intro cinematic and it crashed, havent been able to get back in for over an hour :(

ye theres lots of EU login probs, creating chars and stuck on the black video at the end is a old beta bug, back with a blast :P

Just create your chars and even if it freezes there still made ofc. Im just happy to have got mine made and on server i wanted(its full now) but most names I wanted were gone.

Anyone else notice the server time in game is still US time, makes me wonder..

Advertisement