Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ArthurG wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I got a small update, wasn't 4 gig though, maybe a few 100 Mb, but now I'm just watching the log in wheel spin, nothing happening.......

I'm getting that too. Don't worry. We get stressed at 20 past now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant login, nothing on twitter mentioning a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Spinning grey circle for the last 15 mins. From the facebook page, it seems to be a bit of a lottery whether you get in or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the combat in this similar to swtor?gonna pre ordrr when i get home from the pub *hiccup*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Just kicked :( Is there a key to block with a shield btw or just the unlocked skills?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was fun. Spent the hour trying to get to Orr, and died about 50 times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Just ended, had great fun.

Played warrior for a while which I enjoyed. Then tried mesmer for the last 15 mins, didn't really understand what was going on though.

Didn't seem as smooth as last time, and all preferences were reset, as well as characters.

Still enjoyed it a lot!

Just kicked :( Is there a key to block with a shield btw or just the unlocked skills?

I got shield bash as a 4th skill IIRC, not sure there is a specific 'block' button

Dcully wrote: »
    Cant login, nothing on twitter mentioning a delay.

Was on facebook page

Think there's just the dodge mechanic. Wasn't able to block in the few minutes that i played just there and i've never heard of it outside of skills. Thought that was kinda fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

that was good craic its looking pretty polished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 asceira

that went by really fast ... but it was fun ! but tbh its hard to tell whats going on when theres a whole cluster of people attacking the same thing -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

asceira wrote: »
    that went by really fast ... but it was fun ! but tbh its hard to tell whats going on when theres a whole cluster of people attacking the same thing -.-

That'll change pretty quickly. Just new game smell. :D

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    that was good craic its looking pretty polished :D
    Graphically it's looking the best it ever looked. I really noticed that tonight. FPS were good too.:)

So is it just the starting areas that'll be so packed with people? And will you be able to play this with a controller? Prefer controller/keyboard to keyboard/mouse meself.

p1000 wrote: »
    So is it just the starting areas that'll be so packed with people? And will you be able to play this with a controller? Prefer controller/keyboard to keyboard/mouse meself.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1157122-How-to-GW2-controller?highlight=controller+gw2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So I brought the game and I its downloading atm but I can't log into my account it keeps telling me my password is wrong?:confused: this happening to anyone else?I've changed it 3 times now

So I brought the game and I its downloading atm but I can't log into my account it keeps telling me my password is wrong?:confused: this happening to anyone else?I've changed it 3 times now

you wont be able to log in until they put the servers back up, unless they have another stress test tomorrow, that wont be until 8am Friday!! (they have said they are opening servers 3 hours early though, im not sure if this will be for small groups of people at a time). Anyway your password is fine, none of us can log in till then :)

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    you wont be able to log in until they put the servers back up, unless they have another stress test tomorrow, that wont be until 8am Friday!! (they have said they are opening servers 3 hours early though, im not sure if this will be for small groups of people at a time). Anyway your password is fine, none of us can log in till then :)

ok I'm just talking about the website now but how do I register for the 3 day early start thing?

• Advertisement

ok I'm just talking about the website now but how do I register for the 3 day early start thing?

I can't login to the website either. So, I wouldn't worry about it. Just try it later.

I can't login to the website either. So, I wouldn't worry about it. Just try it later.

ok but do I have to register my serial code for the head start?

They're probably running tests on the website's authenticator system. Just try and register it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea i usually never have any issues logging in but cant log in tonight, wouldnt worry to much about it.

They have it up on Twitter that its down for maintenance!

thats good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Dcully wrote: »
    This is from greenmangaming.
    Just to be clear folks and for those who havent read the last page or so :) , i was talking about if you bought from greenmangaming not direct from arenanet, it was in reference to greenmangaming where i bought it from at a discount price.

My bad Dcully! Had started to ponder about what I was going to do this weekend if I couldnt get access when I read your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

p1000 wrote: »

You want to play it with a controller??? :eek:

Is this your first MMO? If you do attempt to play it with a controller you will be at a MASSIVE disadvantage to everyone else and I can't see you getting anywhere in PvP and dying alot in normal pve.

FFXI was playable with a controller, and a lot of the people I played with used one, so it's possible. However I agree, I doubt this has been designed with such a control system in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

only to be expected but a few on the gw 2 reddits forum are see a increase in "scam/phishing" emails for gw2 pass codes,just be careful out there...so far theres a email/steam messaging going around offering a free ""Hey Guild Wars 2 players! Unlock one free dungeon armor set for your character!""

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yppxt/someone_tried_to_steal_my_gw2_account_during/http://

the fake site cover....looks good....would you fall for it???
    wenUK.jpg

Advertisement